Reservations for La Reserve Dinners

BrocktonCruiser

3 minutes ago, BrocktonCruiser said:

Does anyone know when reservations for La Reserve are available to book?  We are on the November 17 Riviera sailing.  Thank you.

Look in your online O account for management of that cruise and under the dining area, the info about LaReserve will appear.

2 minutes ago, BrocktonCruiser said:

Yes, I have looked there.  I made final payment today and was able to book my allotted reservations for the specialty restaurants.  however, the La Reserve section has no offerings visible.  

Then they have not yet decided if/when/how many seats/etc.

They are typically available for booking 90-120 days out. You’re obviously in a top suite to be able to book Specialties already for a November cruise. Watch the website as August comes around and you should find bookings available.

Thanks so much!  You are right, we are in a Vista Suite ( making up for my 60th birthday cruise that got cancelled just as COVID was beginning, and 1 other cancelled cruise as it intensified) So, I was able to book dining very early.  I will keep an eye out for the La Reserve a bit further down the line.  Thanks for your input.  This will only be our 2nd time on Oceania and first time on larger ship, so some offerings are new to us.

Sounds like you are already committed, but we would add that we found the La Reserve dinners to be truly excellent, and worth the extra fee, for each of the several cruises we have taken on Riviera.  We just got on that Nov 17 crossing, so maybe we will see you in La R.

We are on the December 3 cruise on Riviera and I have called twice about La Reserve as we love it. I was told both times that they will open up 90 days before sailing. But I keep looking 🙂  Julia

1 minute ago, jwindham said:

We are on the December 3 cruise on Riviera and I have called twice about La Reserve as we love it. I was told both times that they will open up 90 days before sailing. But I keep looking 🙂  Julia

Hopefully we will be joining you in La Reserve ☝️😂🍷

Speaking of La Reserve:

1. The Wonderful Dom Perignon dinner was a collaboration with the Dom people on several fronts. Will they continue? Having them required having a certified Sommelier on board.

2.  Since the dinners are wine pairing dinners, will Oceania come out with new menus to pair with the new wines available on the market? 

It’ll be fun to see what is offered when bookings open up.

I wonder if the Dom Perignon dinner will continue.  There were only 10 people at the one I went to.

Quite a few of the dishes were from the old Connoisseur menu.  Even though I love Champagne, I would prefer a new version of the Connoisseur menu to come back.

La Cuisine Bourgeoise is good but I found the portions a bit too large.

I really like their new program of Tapas and wine flights on nights that La Reserve isn't on, but you really have to watch Currents to find it.

I hope they will advertise it more.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Then they have not yet decided if/when/how many seats/etc.

The decision has been made when the CDC ok'd La Reserve

They are loading the computers now, it will be about two to three weeks

Jancruz1

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jancruz said:

The decision has been made when the CDC ok'd La Reserve

They are loading the computers now, it will be about two to three weeks

Jancruz1

Thanks! For a balcony cabin we still have to wait until 90 days out, correct? 

6 minutes ago, jeno said:

Thanks! For a balcony cabin we still have to wait until 90 days out, correct? 

Not Jan but I think you may be confusing specialty dining reservations with La Reserve.  Specialty Dining is booked according to category of cabin- Balcony is 60 days out and people are online at 12:01 am EST on their day to book.  West Coast is lucky because midnight in the east is 9pm to them.

La Reserve are extra fee wine and food pairings and they are available to book when Oceania loads the dates and menu onto their site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Not Jan but I think you may be confusing specialty dining reservations with La Reserve.  Specialty Dining is booked according to category of cabin- Balcony is 60 days out and people are online at 12:01 am EST on their day to book.  West Coast is lucky because midnight in the east is 9pm to them.

La Reserve are extra fee wine and food pairings and they are available to book when Oceania loads the dates and menu onto their site.

I was just on the phone with Oceania trying to hunt down my shareholder credit.  The recording playing while I was waiting talked about LaReserve so I talked to the agent about it when he came back on the line.  He said 90 days out for LaReserve and sometimes even less.
I hope it works the way you explained it.  I’d love to start getting things reserved! 

1 minute ago, jeno said:

I was just on the phone with Oceania trying to hunt down my shareholder credit.  The recording playing while I was waiting talked about LaReserve so I talked to the agent about it when he came back on the line.  He said 90 days out for LaReserve and sometimes even less.
I hope it works the way you explained it.  I’d love to start getting things reserved! 

When you click on the tab for la reserve  pick the menu you want & the night  add to your cart  pay by CC  ..your done

Booking specialties you have to wait  for the date  on your account also noted on your invoice  according to Cabin cat 

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

When you click on the tab for la reserve  pick the menu you want & the night  add to your cart  pay by CC  ..your done

Booking specialties you have to wait  for the date  on your account also noted on your invoice  according to Cabin cat 

That's the way it used to work but on my last cruise, the calendar with the dates wouldn't open and I had to call them.  Hopefully they will return to what you just said.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

That's the way it used to work but on my last cruise, the calendar with the dates wouldn't open and I had to call them.  Hopefully they will return to what you just said.  

OK maybe just call Oceania  & get it done right 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

My last couple of Marina cruises were that way. Couldn’t do online, so had my TA take care of it.

Haven’t been able to book Privee on line for a few years also. My TA took care of that also. Seems getting a reservation there is getting a bit political.

Just now, pinotlover said:

My last couple of Marina cruises were that way. Couldn’t do online, so had my TA take care of it.

Haven’t been able to book Privee on line for a few years also. My TA took care of that also. Seems getting a reservation there is getting a bit political.

Do you think it's because the Captain and other top officers use Privee to entertain passengers.  Oceania Club says 20-39 cruises gets you a special invite to dinner with officers😃

5 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

Do you think it's because the Captain and other top officers use Privee to entertain passengers.  Oceania Club says 20-39 cruises gets you a special invite to dinner with officers😃

No officers rarely use Privee

Jancruz1