Florida resident here a little confused over C19 protocol.

4 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Never understood this either.  I took a class at a local College here and had to show proof of MMR vaccine.  Is it just for covid or does it cover all vaccines?  Makes no sense. 

The cruise lines are only interested in the Covid vaccine. They are trying to get the cruise industry back sailing during a global pandemic. Seems only reasonable they should require proof of vaccination to assure the safest and healthiest ship possible for their passengers while providing a very pleasant cruise experience. And.....that means no masking, distancing and limitations in ship venues for all vaccinated passengers. IMHO, of course.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

I requested my immunization records from the State of Florida (via my PCP). I had my records by the following day including my vaccine records from the State of NY when I was immunized as a child. WOW, was I impressed with the record keeping. I now have that immunization record plus my CDC Covid vaxx card. The information from the State of Florida includes the dates of each vaccination and also the location of the Covid immunization.

I would like to see people try to pass of a fake CDC Covid vaccination card. There has been plenty of that discussion on social media, BTW. They WILL be caught and very easily, I might add. The cruise lines will be able to obtain that information from the state health departments with the consent of the individual they are "investigating". Without consent, that individual should automatically be deemed GUILTY of passing off a forged CDC vaccination card and be made to walk the plank. LOL.

I agree that not that many will try to cruise with a fake CDC vaccine card - seems a lot easier and safer to get the actual vaccine, unless someone has a valid medical reason.  I'm not sure how the cruise lines are going to bypass FL law and ask for vaccination proof for sailings out of FL though.  

• Like 1

The cruise lines are only interested in the Covid vaccine. They are trying to get the cruise industry back sailing during a global pandemic. Seems only reasonable they should require proof of vaccination to assure the safest and healthiest ship possible for their passengers while providing a very pleasant cruise experience. And.....that means no masking, distancing and limitations in ship venues for all vaccinated passengers. IMHO, of course.

Absolutely, I fully agree.  I don't follow our governor's logic in not allowing cruise lines to ask for proof. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kearney said:

A lot better. I have been vaccinated... I figured that the risk for an older person getting Covid was higher than the risk of some side effect from the vaccine... Now I did want to wait a bit longer than I did...but I got swept up in the moment and got vaccinated in late Jan. Now some people have diseases where their physicians suggest they not get vaccinated. With children... I would want to wait for that final approval...there have been a few cases of heart inflammation and other issues that may or may not be connected to the vaccine... hopefully that will all be sorted out by the time they get around to final approval for young children. But kids seem to be at lower risk with Covid than the 65+ set... so I would wait and not vaccinated just for a vacation. Go to Disney World this year.

Agree with everything you said.🙂

27 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

The Seapass card is not a great idea for the ID because, unless you wear a lanyard, which I do not, crew and other passengers will not be able to ID those vaxxed with a quick glance.

The quick glance is a problem, but card works well when entering a venue. Unless you try to get in wrong line

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Absolutely, I fully agree.  I don't follow our governor's logic in not allowing cruise lines to ask for proof. 

Don't try to follow our governor's logic as there is no logic.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, John&LaLa said:

The quick glance is a problem, but card works well when entering a venue. Unless you try to get in wrong line

How about, the vaxx info loaded on the SeaPass card AND also give the vaxxed passengers an ID band? That would work, wouldn't it?

• Like 2

How about, the vaxx info loaded on the SeaPass card AND also give the vaxxed passengers an ID band? That would work, wouldn't it?

Possibly, I just don't see them giving a special identifier to the un-vaccinated 

On a side note, last weekend I was watching the toronto Blue Jays & the Houston Astors. They played the game in Buffalo, NY due to the travel restrictions to Canada. Anyway, it was being played in a Triple AAA stadium which I thought was pretty cool for the fans in Buffalo. What I found completely odd was the seperation of the fans. 

Non Vaxed on the 1st base side w/ masks

Vaxed on the 3rd base side w/ no masks.

In order for the stadium officials to do this, they had to ask or require proof of vaccine. This can't or won't fly in Florida or Texas.  The Texas Rangers or the Houston Astros would not even think to request this info. So alot of this is all in the mindset to the culture of the region, state, or city. If I flew to Buffalo, I would have to abide by their rules. Likewise, those that cruise from wherever.... Bayonne or Miami... you're going to have to abide by those rules. It only makes sense. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

On a side note, last weekend I was watching the toronto Blue Jays & the Houston Astors. They played the game in Buffalo, NY due to the travel restrictions to Canada. Anyway, it was being played in a Triple AAA stadium which I thought was pretty cool for the fans in Buffalo. What I found completely odd was the seperation of the fans. 

Non Vaxed on the 1st base side w/ masks

Vaxed on the 3rd base side w/ no masks.

In order for the stadium officials to do this, they had to ask or require proof of vaccine. This can't or won't fly in Florida or Texas.  The Texas Rangers or the Houston Astros would not even think to request this info.. I just would not happen down here. So alot of this is all in the mindset of the culture of the region, state, or city. If I flew to Buffalo, I would have to abide by their rules. Likewise, those that cruise from wherever.... Bayonne or Miami... you're going to have to abide by those rules. It only makes sense. 

At one time the Miami Heat was segregating the arena as I recall

23 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Right -- this is exactly what this law is trying to avoid. 

There are ways to get around that law and the ID band for vaxxed passengers is one of them. It is a choice to be in one camp or the other. Own your choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I can't get past this

Screenshot_20210608-125720_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9275d4a307835f79b2a42d62cc6a1a37.jpg

Aren't the people born into this caste system? They really have no say as to which caste they are in. This is NOT a valid analogy to the vaccine/un-vaccine debate that we are facing now. People have a choice as to which "caste" they join.

Own your choice. (BTW.....that just be my new mantra. I like it.)

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

There are ways to get around that law and the ID band for vaxxed passengers is one of them. It is a choice to be in one camp or the other. Own your choice.

I'm fully vaccinated so not really my problem -- our governor does not want a segregated system but I would feel a lot better knowing that most people on the cruise were fully vaccinated, JMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I'm fully vaccinated so not really my problem -- our governor does not want a segregated system but I would feel a lot better knowing that most people on the cruise were fully vaccinated, JMO.

It will be your problem if you do not want to mask up on a cruise. That is what my point is all about........vaxxed people not masking up.

5 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Well... there you go. 

So, now that there is no segregation allowed, do all fans have to mask up, even if they are vaxxed? OR....does no one mask up? I'm referring to INDOOR venues only.

Just now, coffeebean said:

It will be your problem if you do not want to mask up on a cruise. That is what my point is all about........vaxxed people not masking up.

Unless they don't require unvaxxed to wear masks then there would be no need to have a separate distinction.  Not sure how they will handle this aspect.