Florida resident here a little confused over C19 protocol.

32 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes the Miami Heat had a fully vaccinated section but they did away with it once the law was passed. 

To be fair, when they did away with it they did not cite the law as the reason. They said it was due to complications with enabling their site for uploading the proof, and un-vaccinated people buying tickets in the vaccine-only areas, causing game-day seat shuffles that were too difficult to manage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Aren't the people born into this caste system? They really have no say as to which caste they are in. This is NOT a valid analogy to the vaccine/un-vaccine debate that we are facing now. People have a choice as to which "caste" they join.

Own your choice. (BTW.....that just be my new mantra. I like it.)

I believe they are born into it. I often work with Indian citizens and I've encountered a few who do not use their last names (family names) because it identifies their caste. It is tricky filling out paperwork which requires a last name but it can be done.

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

To be fair, when they did away with it they did not cite the law as the reason. They said it was due to complications with enabling their site for uploading the proof, and un-vaccinated people buying tickets in the vaccine-only areas, causing game-day seat shuffles that were too difficult to manage.

No they didn't actually cite the law as the reason, but I'm sure the law and the attached fine came into play as well as logistical issues, when making their decision.

• Like 1

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

No they didn't actually cite the law as the reason, but I'm sure the law and the attached fine came into play as well as logistical issues, when making their decision.

I don't doubt it, but it is an assumption. Also there was no fine when they did away with it, it was still an EO. Not the law.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

I don't doubt it, but it is an assumption. Also there was no fine when they did away with it, it was still an EO. Not the law.

The law goes into effect on July 1st.  The only exemption is the health care field. 

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

The law goes into effect on July 1st.  The only exemption is the health care field. 

I know, I meant that when they decided to get rid of it, I don't think they had even passed the law yet. either way, I agree with you it was likely a factor but they never said it

45 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Aren't the people born into this caste system? They really have no say as to which caste they are in. This is NOT a valid analogy to the vaccine/un-vaccine debate that we are facing now. People have a choice as to which "caste" they join.

Own your choice. (BTW.....that just be my new mantra. I like it.)

Wasn't met to be an analogy

38 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

So, now that there is no segregation allowed, do all fans have to mask up, even if they are vaxxed? OR....does no one mask up? I'm referring to INDOOR venues only.

Honor system

43 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

So, now that there is no segregation allowed, do all fans have to mask up, even if they are vaxxed? OR....does no one mask up? I'm referring to INDOOR venues only.

If you're referring to the Miami Heat games -- yes, masks are required for everyone except when eating or drinking at designated food areas.  They have increased the capacity at the AA arena to 17,000 people from around 8,000, which is quite a jump. 

I do have a question. Since it appears that most of people's concerns, not all, are the possibility that a cruise could get cut short because of a Covid outbreak and/or vaccinated people will have to mask up because there are unvaccinated onboard.... Suppose the cruise line could assure you , that in the unlikely case of an outbreak that they have the capability to isolate and remove covid positive passengers without impacting the cruise and would allow vaccinated passengers to go maskless on the ship without social distancing... except ..perhaps the elevators or other really tight areas.... would you have a problem with cruises that included adults who had not been vaccinated? Recognize that Fain indicated that their passenger surveys suggest a high percentage of cruisers plan on being vaccinated. 

7 hours ago, boscobeans said:

I don't remember if the injection I got in 1954 when I was 8 and got my Polio Pioneer shot was as well tested as the Covid-19 vaccine which since December 15th 2020 has been injected in hundreds of millions in every country around the world.

But I am certainly happy that my parents signed the release.

Ironically the Polio vaccine isn't a shot, I am not old enough to know if it was at one time but since my almost 32 year old was born it has been an oral vaccination.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jrapps said:

Well it sure sounds like a good public relations statement. 🙄

4 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

If you're referring to the Miami Heat games -- yes, masks are required for everyone except when eating or drinking at designated food areas.  They have increased the capacity at the AA arena to 17,000 people from around 8,000, which is quite a jump. 

In Texas, at Minute Mais Baseball Stadium, indoors when the roof is closed, they cane be 100% capacity and no. masks for vax or unvax. (100% capacity hes beenfor a few weeks now)

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

On a side note, last weekend I was watching the toronto Blue Jays & the Houston Astors. They played the game in Buffalo, NY due to the travel restrictions to Canada. Anyway, it was being played in a Triple AAA stadium which I thought was pretty cool for the fans in Buffalo. What I found completely odd was the seperation of the fans. 

Non Vaxed on the 1st base side w/ masks

Vaxed on the 3rd base side w/ no masks.

In order for the stadium officials to do this, they had to ask or require proof of vaccine. This can't or won't fly in Florida or Texas.  The Texas Rangers or the Houston Astros would not even think to request this info. So alot of this is all in the mindset to the culture of the region, state, or city. If I flew to Buffalo, I would have to abide by their rules. Likewise, those that cruise from wherever.... Bayonne or Miami... you're going to have to abide by those rules. It only makes sense. 

It is a mindset.  It is cultural.  It really shows how many people are still living in that scary era of 15 months ago.    

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 10:22 AM, M8VER3 said:

I don’t believe RCL has said this. This is strictly from media and those against our Governor.

This is my opinion, Royal is a family oriented cruise line and they couldn’t meet the 95% with kids included in the count. Mr Fain more or less said this in his last update. 

Agree. Even CEO NCL has said he's working with Florida Gov's Office and Legal to see that his ships still leave from there... And say again don't see Bands or simular for Vax or UnVax Passengers singling them out. And not at start wont be too long, a few to 6 Months, before UnVax Passengers are on all Cruise Lines

5 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Unless they don't require unvaxxed to wear masks then there would be no need to have a separate distinction.  Not sure how they will handle this aspect. 

CDC guidelines on land are for un-vaxxed to mask in indoor public venues (honor system, LOL). How could un-vaxxed not be mandated to mask on a cruise ship? That would be ludicrous if those masking guidelines are still in place by the CDC in public venues on land by the time cruises begin.

4 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks. I guess they gotta do what they feel best serves the fans and to keep them safe. Too bad the vaccinated have to mask up though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kearney said:

I do have a question. Since it appears that most of people's concerns, not all, are the possibility that a cruise could get cut short because of a Covid outbreak and/or vaccinated people will have to mask up because there are unvaccinated onboard.... Suppose the cruise line could assure you , that in the unlikely case of an outbreak that they have the capability to isolate and remove covid positive passengers without impacting the cruise and would allow vaccinated passengers to go maskless on the ship without social distancing... except ..perhaps the elevators or other really tight areas.... would you have a problem with cruises that included adults who had not been vaccinated? Recognize that Fain indicated that their passenger surveys suggest a high percentage of cruisers plan on being vaccinated. 

No, not at start up for cruising. I honestly think there is a good chance of an outbreak with un-vaxxed passengers on board. I will not take the chance and would prefer to wait to cruise.

3 hours ago, mauraoel said:

Ironically the Polio vaccine isn't a shot, I am not old enough to know if it was at one time but since my almost 32 year old was born it has been an oral vaccination.

I can't recall which vaccine, but my now 32 year old son practically had to be held down for one of his vaccinations to enter school when he was around 6 or 7

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I can't recall which vaccine, but my now 32 year old son practically had to be held down for one of his vaccinations to enter school when he was around 6 or 7

That's me... I hate needles; whether it's vaccines or feeding the vampires in the lab.  After I retired from the military and went to college my kids were already in school.   I had to have an MMR booster so the university sent me to the clinic for my required vaccine and I actually teared up. I was like Damm no wonder babies cry!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1