Florida resident here a little confused over C19 protocol.

13 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Actually this makes sense. But really,you think royal wants to have mask police running around deck? I dont think that would work. Its just going to be a normal cruise. No masks for anyone. Anyone who doesnt show proof of vaccination shows proof of negative covid test. Infection rate is around 1%. Virus isnt circulating. Viruses die when herd immunity is reached. Covids over in America. If you want it to be.

Boy are you living in a dream world.  No masks for anyone?  The CDC would beg to differ.  Protocols will apply to cruises passengers under the CSO and the cruise lines will be obligated to enforce those protocols or they risk their right to continue cruising out of the US. On top of that, cruise lines are not stupid, nor are they generally negligent. They will do what is in the interest of public health as long as necessary.  COVID is not “over” in this country just yet. We are doing well thanks to vaccines and the efforts of those who have stepped up to get them. It’s just too bad we have such resistance at this point.

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Totally agree on the last point.  With the relaxed regulations for those of us that are vaccinated, there needs to be something to identify who is and isn't vaccinated so staff can see who's following protocols.  It doesn't have to be anything big, it can even be a sticker or something on your Sail And Sign card, if they wanted.

That would be great for us vaccinated passengers.  But do you seriously think RCCL would ask their employees to monitor that?  Not going to happen.  Come January if they're requiring vaccinated passengers to mask up and live with multiple restrictions we won't be there.

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

16 hours ago, kearney said:

I don't think I would give a 12 year old an experimental vaccine...just to go on a cruise...but I don't have kids..so it isn't my problem

Just wondering.....how would you feel after these vaccines have full FDA approval?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Huge difference between singling out someone's medical history vs giving people a way to buy alcohol

Who will be asking for medical history? Requesting immunization records is not the same as medical history, IMHO. What am I missing here?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Ayayay...why is this so hard.  Different lines use different practices.  Believe me, you paid the tax, the Government isn't giving up a penny.

Whether or not the consumer sees the tax depends on how they're complying but you're still paying the tax in port.

Because it's a fact. Folks with pre paid drink pkgs don't pay taxes on drinks consumed when in port.

If you buy pkg in port, or buy a drink in port, you pay tax. Plain and simple. End of discussion.

I do admire your perseverance,  though.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Just now, coffeebean said:

Who will be asking for medical history? Requesting immunization records is not the same as medical history, IMHO. What am I missing here?

Never understood this either.  I took a class at a local College here and had to show proof of MMR vaccine.  Is it just for covid or does it cover all vaccines?  Makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

Just wondering.....how would you feel after these vaccines have full FDA approval?

A lot better. I have been vaccinated... I figured that the risk for an older person getting Covid was higher than the risk of some side effect from the vaccine... Now I did want to wait a bit longer than I did...but I got swept up in the moment and got vaccinated in late Jan. Now some people have diseases where their physicians suggest they not get vaccinated. With children... I would want to wait for that final approval...there have been a few cases of heart inflammation and other issues that may or may not be connected to the vaccine... hopefully that will all be sorted out by the time they get around to final approval for young children. But kids seem to be at lower risk with Covid than the 65+ set... so I would wait and not vaccinated just for a vacation. Go to Disney World this year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I don't remember if the injection I got in 1954 when I was 8 and got my Polio Pioneer shot was as well tested as the Covid-19 vaccine which since December 15th 2020 has been injected in hundreds of millions in every country around the world.

But I am certainly happy that my parents signed the release.

42 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Because it's a fact. Folks with pre paid drink pkgs don't pay taxes on drinks consumed when in port.

26 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Sorry.  You are flat out wrong on this.  Don't know how else to say it.  I've explained why you might not see the tax, though you are paying it.  But stay ignorant my friend, that whole bliss thing I guess.

I honestly have no idea if I am dumbfounded or ecstatic that people here are arguing this passionately about tax on alcohol in port.....on one hand, it's nice to be arguing about something other than Covid/vax laws (although I know that was the origin of THIS particular argument). On the other hand, does it really matter anymore? You each agree to disagree on this one.

Either way, it is amusing. Carry on!

Edited by jrapps
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, boatseller said:

Sorry.  You are flat out wrong on this.  Don't know how else to say it.  I've explained why you might not see the tax, though you are paying it.  But stay ignorant my friend, that whole bliss thing I guess.

To be clear, for you to be right, you would have to also assert that the liquir tax is effectively optional.  Are you seriously saying the Government created an optional tax?  I'd love to hear your answer.

Not the point, but keep thinking whatever you want. I stand by my assertation.

1 hour ago, kearney said:

A lot better. I have been vaccinated... I figured that the risk for an older person getting Covid was higher than the risk of some side effect from the vaccine... Now I did want to wait a bit longer than I did...but I got swept up in the moment and got vaccinated in late Jan. Now some people have diseases where their physicians suggest they not get vaccinated. With children... I would want to wait for that final approval...there have been a few cases of heart inflammation and other issues that may or may not be connected to the vaccine... hopefully that will all be sorted out by the time they get around to final approval for young children. But kids seem to be at lower risk with Covid than the 65+ set... so I would wait and not vaccinated just for a vacation. Go to Disney World this year.

With regards to children, I recommended the same. Wait. Pushing a vaccine on the elderly that has been hit hard with covid is not the same as an 6yr old that has a near zero chance to get covid. We've recommended that our grandson wait for final approval. Afterall, he has his entire life ahead of him. There is no sense in the hurry or rushing for him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

With regards to children, I recommended the same. Wait. Pushing a vaccine on the elderly that has been hit hard with covid is not the same as an 6yr old that has a near zero chance to get covid. We've recommended that our grandson wait for final approval. Afterall, he has his entire life ahead of him. There is no sense in the hurry or rushing for him.

I agree... and since places like Disney World are still open to unvaccinated (due to law not necessarily corporate policy)... that could be an option... especially since it is mostly outdoors and if any thing Disney knows how to manage crowds. I have two grandnieces under 5...so they are likely not even eligible for a while. DH and I both had side effects from our second shot. DH got a rash and sores that even 3 months later have not gone away (Dr believes they are vaccine related)... I got a fever.. a bit higher than usual with flu shot..felt like crap for 24 hours.. no biggie. But another friend is suffering the brain fog that other Covid sufferers have had... so I still think it best to wait with young children.. I honestly don't know what to tell my 30 something nephews... but I will understand if they do or do not get it..but I will not put pressure on them either way.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Agreed, I don't know what my daughter will decide.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ravbo said:

Bracelet is meant to help crew easily identify passengers that are NOT required to comply with unvaccinated protocols.

Passengers without bracelet MUST comply with unvaccinated protocols.

That's the way I think it will go, too.  Bracelets for those who are vaccinated, for quick identification.  I think they are also used for other purposes, too (say, as a "key" to open their cabin).  No discrimination at all.  You can cruise if you want, vaccinated or unvaccinated on Royal ships.  But, if you do not have a bracelet (not vaccinated), you'll have to wear a mask when you're indoors and have to have more COVID tests (which will have a cost associated with them).

I thought Fain made it quite clear in his video.  He came right out and said he believes the way forward for the cruise industry is to sail with passengers who are vaccinated.  If you can't, or won't be vaccinated, you'll be able to cruise, just with some safety protocols in place that will probably cost you money for their implementation that vaccinated passengers won't require.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not the point, but keep thinking whatever you want. I stand by my assertation.

In that case, you definitly need to setup a consulting practice to show these companies how to not pay the tax.  This is something that the entire hospitality industry's fleet of lawyers and accountants have missed for years.

I'll even invest, we'll make millions!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jrapps said:

Everyone with a memory (Democrat and Republican) will not only remember, but I doubt that this issue will have altered their preconceived notions on who to vote for or against in any way. If you were a fan of Desantis before, you likely still are. If you were not a fan, you likely still aren't.

I was a fan, now I'm not; same way I feel about his mentor.Two thumbs down for both of them.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, boatseller said:

If that happens, the wristband pushers will be at every light heading to the port.

You cannot be serious. I would hope Royal changes the color at will so those "pushers" will not know which color ID band to sell.

18 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Celebrity might be trying a tack that depends on the "restricted sailings" designation by the CDC. Complying with the 95/95 vaccinations level established by federal standards arguably could supersede FL's prohibition.

Basically, to comply with the federal standard they would argue they have no choice but to require proof of vax. The standard is for "vaccinated" pax, not pax who claim to be vaxxed. They are required under the free pratique laws to actually be in compliance, not just go through the formality of saying so, or face sanctions for the company and the captain personally. 

The argument is pretty strong, I think, that FL cannot prohibit a company from being able to comply with federal law. 

I surely hope you are correct!

15 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Totally agree on the last point.  With the relaxed regulations for those of us that are vaccinated, there needs to be something to identify who is and isn't vaccinated so staff can see who's following protocols.  It doesn't have to be anything big, it can even be a sticker or something on your Sail And Sign card, if they wanted.

The Seapass card is not a great idea for the ID because, unless you wear a lanyard, which I do not, crew and other passengers will not be able to ID those vaxxed with a quick glance.

3 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Never understood this either.  I took a class at a local College here and had to show proof of MMR vaccine.  Is it just for covid or does it cover all vaccines?  Makes no sense. 

I requested my immunization records from the State of Florida (via my PCP). I had my records by the following day including my vaccine records from the State of NY when I was immunized as a child. WOW, was I impressed with the record keeping. I now have that immunization record plus my CDC Covid vaxx card. The information from the State of Florida includes the dates of each vaccination and also the location of the Covid immunization.

I would like to see people try to pass of a fake CDC Covid vaccination card. There has been plenty of that discussion on social media, BTW. They WILL be caught and very easily, I might add. The cruise lines will be able to obtain that information from the state health departments with the consent of the individual they are "investigating". Without consent, that individual should automatically be deemed GUILTY of passing off a forged CDC vaccination card and be made to walk the plank. LOL.