Florida resident here a little confused over C19 protocol.

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I get that.  But if I'm vax'ed and therefore don't have to follow COVID protocols, how does the staff or other pax know that?  How do I know the guy walking around with no mask has been vax'ed?  

We stayed at a resort property in Oregon last weekend.  When we checked in, we had the option of showing our vaccination card to the clerk and were given a wristband.  With that wrist band, did not have to wear mask anywhere on the resort property.  For those from the Northwest, it was the McMenamins Edgefield property in Gresham.

Cheers,

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

You really should research more. 

Texas is a totally different issue. They can only legally serve booze with a TX tax stamp. 

NCL is the king of sleeze on pkgs. They charge as much as the drink in tips to get those free drinks

I'm not the one who needs to do reasearch, I'm the one pointing all this out.

You're missing the point that when the ship is in port, it is operating withing the State and is subject to various state laws.  Laws covering all sorts of things like liquor sales, gambling, taxation and now vaccination.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nymich said:

This was not due to an executive order.  It was a law passed by the Florida House and Senate and signed into law.  Nice twist by the "news" but not true.

The executive order was replaced by law. The effect is the same. I don’t understand what you are implying by “twist.”

3 minutes ago, DandDM said:

When we checked in, we had the option of showing our vaccination card to the clerk and were given a wristband.  With that wrist band, did not have to wear mask anywhere on the resort property.

If that happens, the wristband pushers will be at every light heading to the port.

9 minutes ago, boatseller said:

I'm not the one who needs to do reasearch, I'm the one pointing all this out.

You're missing the point that when the ship is in port, it is operating withing the State and is subject to various state laws.  Laws covering all sorts of things like liquor sales, gambling, taxation and now vaccination.

I agree, but not for prepaid drink packages.

Are we going to do this all night? I need to walk the dog. And shouldn't you be selling boats😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Nymich said:

This was not due to an executive order.  It was a law passed by the Florida House and Senate and signed into law.  Nice twist by the "news" but not true.

Actually, it started as an Executive Order by the Governor, and, at his request, was codified into law by the state legislature.  So the "news" was correct.

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Are we going to do this all night? I need to walk the dog. And shouldn't you be selling boats😉

I try not to get into these back and forths but my guess (I was an accountant in my prior life) is that the cruise line does pay the taxes on an estimated number of drinks on departure day.

9 minutes ago, boatseller said:

If that happens, the wristband pushers will be at every light heading to the port.

I can sell you some Pinnacle/Suite luggage tags. 

Gets you off the ship quicker😉

Again, this isn't a matter of agreement.  Some lines charge a liquor tax while in port and not just in the US.  The Caymen Islands I think too.

That not all guests see this is due to accounting variations and under which provision they choose to pay the tax.  There are numerous threads right here on CC that explain this.  It's not just me and the Government is for dame sure going to get it's cut.

• Haha 1

Just now, harkinmr said:

Actually, it started as an Executive Order by the Governor, and, at his request, was codified into law by the state legislature.  So the "news" was correct.

But there was support in the legislator. Not like it was the Govenor just grandstanding. Big difference

• Like 1

Just now, boatseller said:

Again, this isn't a matter of agreement.  Some lines charge a liquor tax while in port and not just in the US.  The Caymen Islands I think too.

That not all guests see this is due to accounting variations and under which provision they choose to pay the tax.  There are numerous threads right here on CC that explain this.  It's not just me and the Government is for dame sure going to get it's cut.

But not on prepaid liquor packages

2 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I try not to get into these back and forths but my guess (I was an accountant in my prior life) is that the cruise line does pay the taxes on an estimated number of drinks on departure day.

Maybe, no idea. Doesn't matter anyway. But thanks for an alternate opinion

But there was support in the legislator. Not like it was the Govenor just grandstanding. Big difference

No doubt that there was support in the legislature.  Never said there wasn't.  

• Like 1

Something else to consider is an outbreak of many unvaccinated on board. Will the whole ship be then quarantined from the return port? Those who chose to vaccinate will then pay a steep price for their CHOICE!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beer1234 said:

Something else to consider is an outbreak of many unvaccinated on board. Will the whole ship be then quarantined from the return port? Those who chose to vaccinate will then pay a steep price for their CHOICE!

Nope that's what the Port Agreements are for.

2 minutes ago, beer1234 said:

call these folks.... (866) 875-6604

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The boats sell themselves during Covid.  My nephew is part of an owner partnership of a new boat dealer here.  They can’t get half the boats they paid for back in January.  The dealer I bought my boat from last year was having the same problem, in fact, the boat I was going to buy never got delivered and I had to go to choice two after 2 months of failure to deliver.  

• Thanks 1