The Gem is back!

DCGuy64

2 hours ago, zerooveride said:

From the Terms and Conditions:

Promotional Air Offer
Reservation must be made more than 90 days prior to sailing to qualify; with the exception of the following ships/sailings which have 60 days prior:

• Gem 8/9/21-10/17/21; Jade 7/20/21-11/7/21 and Joy 8/1/21-10/16/21.

The Gem is exempt from the 90 days cutoff and the BOGO air is good up until Final Payment

Thanks, where’d you see that? I looked online today to see if the Gem’s September sailings were listed, and they weren’t. 

9 hours ago, zerooveride said:

In the Terms & Conditions of the current promotions:

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Thank you, like many things online, it's a long read. I'm still puzzled as to why the BOGO air wasn't available for the Jade, despite what the T&C's say. Allegedly the Jade qualifies for the 60 day's prior rule, and yet when I did a dummy booking for August 29, it didn't come up. Maybe it's a glitch on the webpage. Anyway, thanks again for providing the link!

17 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thank you, like many things online, it's a long read. I'm still puzzled as to why the BOGO air wasn't available for the Jade, despite what the T&C's say. Allegedly the Jade qualifies for the 60 day's prior rule, and yet when I did a dummy booking for August 29, it didn't come up. Maybe it's a glitch on the webpage. Anyway, thanks again for providing the link!

There is limited capacity for the airfare flights as well, so they might be "sold out" on the sailing you are looking at. I remember the Joy sailing out of Montego Bay I was booked on was still well outside of even 90 days, but the second week of my B2B, the airfare sold out after we booked, so it was no longer available, even though it was still available for the first week.

• Like 1

Just now, JamieLogical said:

There is limited capacity for the airfare flights as well, so they might be "sold out" on the sailing you are looking at. I remember the Joy sailing out of Montego Bay I was booked on was still well outside of even 90 days, but the second week of my B2B, the airfare sold out after we booked, so it was no longer available, even though it was still available for the first week.

Thanks for that.

BTW speaking of airfare, it looks like NCL updated the flight info for our Gem cruise. Instead of having us connect through LGA on the way home, it appears we now have nonstop flights both ways. (subject to change, I know)

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I thought (I could be wrong) reading somewhere here on CC that the website would offer it between the 60-90 day window and the person who mentioned it had to call NCL directly and have it manually added. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Am I senile?  I thought the "sailing out of FL" was still undecided.  Or am I out of the loop?

I'm banking on the FL sailings happening, at least by the time we sail (September 19). If not, I guess we'll get a future cruise credit and begin planning our next trip for 2022.

34 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Am I senile?  I thought the "sailing out of FL" was still undecided.  Or am I out of the loop?

The Celebrity Edge is sailing out of Florida on the 26th... 8 days from today. The Gem is set to sail in August.

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

I'm banking on the FL sailings happening, at least by the time we sail (September 19). If not, I guess we'll get a future cruise credit and begin planning our next trip for 2022.

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't be packing my bags for this one (or making any kind of non-refundable reservations).

7 hours ago, alibubba said:

We are booked on the Gem out of New York in March.  Hoping that is still going to happen.

I'm on the 11/21 sailing and am packing my bags for this one.  It's the sailings out of FL that are questionable because of the legal situation in FL.

• Like 1