Anyone here work for NCL remotely as a Guest Service Representative?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 11:20 AM, oteixeira said:

Is it a permanent full time position or did they make you start as a contractor?  My wife is looking at remote jobs now that the pandemic is coming to a close.

It is full time with Norwegian.

• Like 6

On 7/4/2021 at 7:48 PM, Carolina_Girl said:

It is full time with Norwegian.

Good to know.  I "applied" for a job with a contractor and it was a scam.  They wanted you to pay for the training with no guarantee of a job.  Wish I could remember what the scam company name was but glad to know NCL is hiring their own!

• Like 2

On 6/30/2021 at 9:33 AM, Carolina_Girl said:

Sorry to hear you feel that way towards the company, but I understand.

However, I did get the position and cannot wait til my training begins on 7/26!

You go Girl!  Congratulations....sounds like a fun job...

• Like 1

I manage a contact center for a major U.S. airline.   Years back, we had several agents leave to take positions with NCL, who also runs a contact center in the same metro area.   Within the past few years, all of them have left NCL, and a few have returned to my company - starting over again from the bottom in terms of both seniority for shifts and pay - because they disliked where NCL had gone over the years.

YMMV, and I hope you enjoy your time with them, but take these data points into consideration, that's all.

• Like 1

Good luuck to you. My hat is off to anyone who has a job with a title that includes the word 'service'.

You are spending a good deal of your time dealing with people who are not happy and can get very irate at you, even though you are not personally responsible for their problems.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

most contact center employees are forbidden to talk about the company they work for on social media... unless their job is specifically to comment on social media. a phone agent would not normally be allowed to comment on work-related issues on an internet forum or answer questions about NCL on facebook or twitter, for example. i have no insight into NCL new hire training, but I assume they would have a similar rule in place. perhaps the OP has now been through the part of the training where this rule is disclosed and will no longer be commenting.

• Like 2