Frustrated trying to make Specialty Restaurant Reservations

itzfitz2

We're on the Millenium, August 27, 2021 with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.  We tried to make reservations while on the computer at the same time and for EVERY day and time for Tuscan Grill, 1 of us got reservations then the other did not.  We tried to add each other as additional guests and it told us "not available at the time" or something like that.  First, is this a typical problem?  Second, how difficult is it to get a reservation once on board for Tuscan Grill and Le Petit Chef if we are in a sky suite?Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You can link reservations providing you booked using the same currency.

I tried to do it with some Canadian friends that we had cruised with before and we couldn’t do it as they had booked using $Can and we had used GB£.

We went to the MDR together on the first afternoon and our dining reservation was then linked for the whole cruise.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Thanks 1

...also, in addition to what others have indicated, have you tried calling your reservation source as this sailing is not too far off and could be fully booked.

As such, others have beat you to the punch in making their reservations early on, as such frustration can set in because there may be no reservations left on-line to make and quite possibly need to go to Tuscan immediately upon boarding to find out and make/alter there.

The easiest thing to do at this juncture is to call X and ask if they can make the reservations for you.

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Like 2

It isn't that hard to make reservations once onboard - but it'd do it right away. If you're sailing late august likely still lower capacity so getting a table won't be hard. Surprisingly, the night we went on the first June 5th cruise out of St. Martin was crowded. 

Got dinner reservations with Brother and Sister-in-law BUT I checked "Pay by Guest"  I paid for my husband and me.  Then did the same thing for dining partners with all of their info but cost was all deducted from my OBC!  Is that something fairly easy to correct once on board?  I swear, navigating their website can be very frustrating and I'm very computer literate!

14 minutes ago, itzfitz2 said:

Got dinner reservations with Brother and Sister-in-law BUT I checked "Pay by Guest"  I paid for my husband and me.  Then did the same thing for dining partners with all of their info but cost was all deducted from my OBC!  Is that something fairly easy to correct once on board?  I swear, navigating their website can be very frustrating and I'm very computer literate!

I have moved OBC from one cabin to another cabin at guest relations. Friends needed more OBC and we had to much. Next cruise we have $900 nonrefundable OBC.

5 hours ago, kstetser said:

How far in advance can you make these reservations?  When do you all recommend reservations be made?

We have a July 2022 (400 days out) and a January 2023 (581 days out) that both have specialty restaurant options available for booking now.  Some of the online bookings have a small discount now.

And there is no downside to early bookings (other than spending money now, rather than later) since they are fully refundable.  So book as soon as you know your plans for each day - or even if you are uncertain since you can cancel and rebook later for a different day.

• Thanks 1