Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on what I’ve read that’s a recurring problem with having the incorrect Captain’s Circle level (B-Blue; P-Platinum) which some have not been able to correct despite attempting numerous times…another MC app glitch.

Yes, it definitely is a glitch, but shouldn’t affect anything if website shows correctly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, as long as your account info on the website is correct, that’s what matters.

Just check your account and circle status on the website, to make sure.

OK I checked further, and 'Manage Booking' page shows Platinum and Princess Chat said we are both Platinum on the booking.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, it definitely is a glitch, but shouldn’t affect anything if website shows correctly.

Lots of great advice in the recent posts, BTW, from multiple posters.

I would be concerned if BOTH persons in the couple were wrong as it might cause issues for priority check-in and boarding at the pier.  If the booking is correct (POLAR), then hopefully the Medallions are correct (but they can easily be swapped out if that happens). 

It's just rather disconcerting as one wonders what else might be wrong with data.  Such as, is my cruise history gone?  Well, that shouldn't happen since that is not part of the MC App system.  I put it down to yet another data conversion error - albeit clearly an intermittent one and who knows the root cause? 

@Tedferg, it doesn't take much effort to send an email to the OCEAN team for troubleshooting if your records seem intact otherwise.

It was interesting that they had credit card info from previous cruise. I would prefer it if that information was cleared out after a cruise and had to be re-entered with a new booking. Will give it overnight and send email to OCEAN team as you suggest, if B P persists.

48 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

It was interesting that they had credit card info from previous cruise. I would prefer it if that information was cleared out after a cruise and had to be re-entered with a new booking. Will give it overnight and send email to OCEAN team as you suggest, if B P persists.

It does carry over.  But, if you don’t want it on your record, you can just delete it.

I leave it on, because I have multiple cruises coming up and don’t want to re-enter it each time.

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on what I’ve read that’s a recurring problem with having the incorrect Captain’s Circle level (B-Blue; P-Platinum) which some have not been able to correct despite attempting numerous times…another MC app glitch.

So mine, even adding new cruises to the appl. still keeps showing us as B instead of E for elite. My bookings in personalizer are correct. I was worried that my medallions will come in wrong once ordered. Well, I now know that won't happen. I just ordered medallions for my next cruise in November. The program is now slightly different. When you go into the order process, it will show your medallion status color . Mine does show black for elite. So I guess the "B" on our photos in the Medallion App. is just an annoyance and I will ignore it. Obvious Princess wont' fix it since they have ignored my requests.

• Thanks 1

Is there a secret to ordering the Medallion?  I've been trying for a month or more.  Tried on my phone and my husbands with no luck.  Even though we both ordered customize art on the medallion, nothing shows up in the review cart section.  I can pick shipping address and credit card but can't finalize the order.  Has anyone else had this problem?  

12 minutes ago, Mom&MeCruiseAL said:

Is there a secret to ordering the Medallion?  I've been trying for a month or more.  Tried on my phone and my husbands with no luck.  Even though we both ordered customize art on the medallion, nothing shows up in the review cart section.  I can pick shipping address and credit card but can't finalize the order.  Has anyone else had this problem?  

Have you received an email confirming your order?

We will be sailing this summer - first post-COVID trip - and first Medallion trip.  I have downloaded the app, and entered all of my info.  Our trip is as follows:

Emerald Princess Aug 13-25

Enchanted Princess Aug 26-Sep 2

Enchanted Princess Sep 2 - 17 (two separate bookings)

The problem is that they have lumped our entire trip into one entry.  When I try to link the booking numbers for the Enchanted portions, it tells me the info is already recorded.  

It is prohibiting me from booking our dining time, or any other entry required for the Enchanted cruise.  I'm not too worried if both Enchanted cruises were lumped together.  But as the first cruise is a completely different ship, I need to be able to separate that o

Any suggestions that would not require me spending the day on hold with Princess?

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by High C's

1 hour ago, High C's said:

We will be sailing this summer - first post-COVID trip - and first Medallion trip.  I have downloaded the app, and entered all of my info.  Our trip is as follows:

The problem is that they have lumped our entire trip into one entry.  When I try to link the booking numbers for the Enchanted portions, it tells me the info is already recorded.  

It is prohibiting me from booking our dining time, or any other entry required for the Enchanted cruise.  I'm not too worried if both Enchanted cruises were lumped together.  But as the first cruise is a completely different ship, I need to be able to separate that o

Any suggestions that would not require me spending the day on hold with Princess?

Many thanks in advance!

B2b’s have been an issue all along.  Didn’t know a S2S has a glitch also.

My S2s had a 2 day in between.

I had 6 b2b’s in March and the IT had to straighten them out.  

I’d email them and give them:

Your full names

Booking numbers

Ship and dates of sailing.

Tell them exactly what the problem is and that you want them straightened out very soon because final payment is due soon and you need to manage those

cruises, DMW, Ocean medallion, Wifi, etc.

In the subject field:  Please fix my B2b’s and S2s’s

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

After they fix it, if you change any of your bookings like rebook or cancel any, they may scramble again.  

Let us know if they fix it.

2 hours ago, Mom&MeCruiseAL said:

Go into the Ocean Medallion..

Order history…. Anything there?

Click on the sailing tab, if shown..

Does it show your selection?

You should get an email confirmation

like was

asked by cltnccruisers.  That would

confirm your order went through or your cc charge.

You may need for a PCL rep to complete your order if it won’t work.

I’d call first thing in the morning, so the wait won’t be so long.

2 hours ago, Mom&MeCruiseAL said:

When you click  finalize the order…what happens?   

6 hours ago, High C's said:

Many thanks in advance!

HUGE thank you!!!!  I will email immediately 🙂 

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

B2b’s have been an issue all along.  Didn’t know a S2S has a glitch also.

My S2s had a 2 day in between.

I had 6 b2b’s in March and the IT had to straighten them out.  

I’d email them and give them:

Your full names

Booking numbers

Ship and dates of sailing.

Tell them exactly what the problem is and that you want them straightened out very soon because final payment is due soon and you need to manage those

cruises, DMW, Ocean medallion, Wifi, etc.

In the subject field:  Please fix my B2b’s and S2s’s

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

After they fix it, if you change any of your bookings like rebook or cancel any, they may scramble again.  

Let us know if they fix it.

HUGE thank you!  Very helpful advice.   I will email them now.

6 hours ago, High C's said:

Many thanks in advance!

<sentence deleted>.  First, B2B's on the same ship do show up in MC App as a contiguous voyage.  Has been like this since Day 1 of MC App and I would not be concerned.  I presume you are in same cabin.  I am not sure what MC App shows if a guest is on a B2B and has two different cabins. 

The Emerald trip should not be lumped in with the Enchanted trips.  For example, we have B2B2B on Regal in Oct and that shows as one voyage in MC App.  We then move to Island for Oct 31 after a five day gap.  That shows as a separate voyage in MC App.

The linking is not going to do anything in your situation.  Strange that this issue still persists for you as I thought it was something fixed last year.  The OCEAN team should be able to straighten it out.

Edited by Steelers36

Just now, Steelers36 said:

I am not sure that you really have a problem here.  First, B2B's on the same ship do show up in MC App as a contiguous voyage.  Has been like this since Day 1 of MC App and I would not be concerned.  I presume you are in same cabin.  I am not sure what MC App shows if a guest is on a B2B and has two different cabins. 

The Emerald trip should not be lumped in with the Enchanted trips.  For example, we have B2B2B on Regal in Oct and that shows as one voyage in MC App.  We then move to Island for Oct 31 after a five day gap.  That shows as a separate voyage in MC App.

The linking is not going to do anything in your situation.  Strange that this issue still persists for you as I thought it was something fixed last year.  The OCEAN team should be able to straighten it out.

The problem is that the Emerald is the ONLY cruise showing.  But it shows I am on board all the way through to the end of the second Enchanted.  I would not be concerned if it was merely the 2 Enchanted cruises linked together.

Not only not in the same cabin, but not on the same ship! LOL

So I'm pretty sure I do have a problem 🙂 

5 minutes ago, High C&#x27;s said:

The problem is that the Emerald is the ONLY cruise showing.  But it shows I am on board all the way through to the end of the second Enchanted.  I would not be concerned if it was merely the 2 Enchanted cruises linked together.

I updated my post immediately after submitting as I realized you truly were connected across two different ships.  Just a thought - did you have a ship or schedule change between booking and now?  Regardless, you do have a problem.

3 minutes ago, High C&#x27;s said:

Yes, Emerald should be separate for sure!

But, Steelers36 brought up a good point, are you in the same cabin on your b2b,

the Enchanted?  Would be interesting to see how they show different cabins.

They do show b2b’s

together.  The Enchanted should show

Aug 26-Sep 17 even though they are separate bookings. That doesn’t matter.

Just treat it as one cruise when you do your DMW, etc.  But, wait until the bookings are straightened out.

They worked in the b2b issues up until we actually sailed in Feb and Mar.  I really don’t think they fixed it, only on a case by case basis, as far as I know.

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I updated my post immediately after submitting as I realized you truly were connected across two different ships.  Just a thought - did you have a ship or schedule change between booking and now?  Regardless, you do have a problem.

LOL - figures that I happened to see your post immediately!! 🙂

Hopefully they respond to my email quickly 🙂   Many thanks

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, Emerald should be separate for sure!

But, Steelers36 brought up a good point, are you in the same cabin on your b2b,

the Enchanted?  Would be interesting to see how they show different cabins.

They do show b2b’s

together.  The Enchanted should show

Aug 26-Sep 17 even though they are separate bookings. That doesn’t matter.

Just treat it as one cruise when you do your DMW, etc.  But, wait until the bookings are straightened out.

They worked in the b2b issues up until we actually sailed in Feb and Mar.  I really don’t think they fixed it, only on a case by case basis, as far as I know.

Yep - same cabin on Enchanted.  So I'd be fine with that - as long as our dining selection extends across BOTH bookings!

I'm a Medallion newbie.  Navigating it is hard enough - let alone with so many glitches! LOL

I'll report back when I hear. 🙂. Thanks again.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It does carry over.  But, if you don’t want it on your record, you can just delete it.

I leave it on, because I have multiple cruises coming up and don’t want to re-enter it each time.

Good point about deleting it, I just have a subconscious feeling about sites with credit card info being hacked. It did save me from reentering it so probably a bonus 🙂

7 hours ago, Mom&amp;MeCruiseAL said:

We picked up medallions at the pier, had to wait in line to show passport, vaccination record etc. Rep turned around and got medallions immediately. Not sure there is a benefit to having medallion early.

16 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

We picked up medallions at the pier, had to wait in line to show passport, vaccination record etc. Rep turned around and got medallions immediately. Not sure there is a benefit to having medallion early.

I think they wanted customized ones.

Yes, it is easy to pick up at the port.

But, it does save a few minutes if you have it and no lines. 

26 minutes ago, High C&#x27;s said:

Yep - same cabin on Enchanted.  So I'd be fine with that - as long as our dining selection extends across BOTH bookings!

I'm a Medallion newbie.  Navigating it is hard enough - let alone with so many glitches! LOL

I'll report back when I hear. 🙂. Thanks again.

You will see DMW on your b2b all the way through on the Enchanted.