Expedited Arrival boarding trial at the port?

Forgive me if this has been covered, but when I searched I didn't find anything that explained this. 

In looking at my sailing coming up in October, I saw this on my page after 'Check in with the App'.  Does anyone know exactly what this 'trial' is?  And does it ONLY apply if you do check in via the App?  Curious as  you have to fill in so much detail for check in, it's easier to use a keyboard than a phone.  Trying to understand what it's about and if it's worth the aggravation of using the app.

Thanx,

Erika

Not sure if it is the same as it was pre-covid, but we used it for the Allure out of Port Everglades back in Sept 2019, and it was totally worth it. When you walked into the port there was literally no line to walk up to a representative for those that had used the expedited check in. We quickly showed them the app and our passports, had our boarding pictures taken and walked on board in under 10 minutes. Most of that 10 minutes was spent literally walking from the entrance up to the ship and taking pictures. The regular line wrapped and wrapped on forever. We were just offered the ability to do it again for our July on Freedom (in fact I think it might be required now?). Hopefully it'll be as easy next time! We sail in July and September, so if you remind me I'll update with my experience this next time. 

Also, I think it has the option to scan your passport which cut down on the amount of typing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

thats our cruise too and we are also traveling with another couple, same for them too.

I'll let you know when/if I can access our reservation from the app.  Hopefully it will be soon :).

Checked in for my Sept Anthem cruise out of Southampton but it’s not yet available for my Aug Odyssey cruise.  For my Adventure cruise last week, it was available 2 weeks before sailing.

You never know…..

• Like 1

On our last cruise leaving from Cape Liberty we completed our check in on line including our photos

Aside from the security check we basically had our boarding passes scanned and we went right on the ship.

Would be interested if there is going to be anything easier than that?