Nassau airport - wine?

We are on Adventure of The Seas in August.  Is it possible to buy wine in the Nassau airport to take on the cruise ship?  We are flying in the day of the cruise so won't be able to stop at a liquor store outside the airport.  I'd rather not pack it in my checked luggage.  Thank you!

6 minutes ago, spammie said:

We are on Adventure of The Seas in August.  Is it possible to buy wine in the Nassau airport to take on the cruise ship?  We are flying in the day of the cruise so won't be able to stop at a liquor store outside the airport.  I'd rather not pack it in my checked luggage.  Thank you!

I don’t recall any place to purchase wine at the NAS airport. You exit the airplane and walk along a long hallway right to the customs/immigration checkpoint. From there, you exit right to the street where taxis / transportation are waiting. If my memory is correct, there are no shops or duty free stores in this part of the airport. 

How are you getting to the port? If you’re taking a taxi, there are many stores along the way, including a supermarket in the Cable Beach area. Maybe they could make a quick stop for you. 

7 minutes ago, Tapi said:

I don’t recall any place to purchase wine at the NAS airport. You exit the airplane and walk along a long hallway right to the customs/immigration checkpoint. From there, you exit right to the street where taxis / transportation are waiting. If my memory is correct, there are no shops or duty free stores in this part of the airport. 

How are you getting to the port? If you’re taking a taxi, there are many stores along the way, including a supermarket in the Cable Beach area. Maybe they could make a quick stop for you. 

Thanks!  We are taking the cruise transfers.  Maybe they will stop.  LOL!  Just kidding.  :) 

8 minutes ago, spammie said:

Thanks!  We are taking the cruise transfers.  Maybe they will stop.  LOL!  Just kidding.  🙂

Hey, if you can get all the other passengers on your side, maybe you can force the driver to stop! LOL

Here’s a little video I found of the walk from the moment you get off the airplane until you exit the NAS Airport. Pretty boring but it will give you an idea of what to expect. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, spammie said:

Nassau airport website listed a 700 Wine & Spirits store at the international arrivals meet and greet.  I don't remember seeing it in multiple trips to Nassau, but then I am not a drinker so I don't pay attention to liquor stores.

5 hours ago, spammie said:

Bristol Wine and Spirits , maybe a few hundred feet outside the entrance to the terminal on the Main Street.. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Bristol Wine and Spirits , maybe a few hundred feet outside the entrance to the terminal on the Main Street.. 

We plan to scope out this place on Friday when we get there. We will report back with how long it takes to walk from the Hilton to the store. If it’s not far I am sure you could walk over between being dropped off by the airport shuttle and checking in at the hotel for your cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We just walked from the British Colonial Hilton to a small store and bought two bottles. Let's just say the selection was not fine wine, and the prices were very high. I strongly recommend securing bottles from home in your checked bags. You will have to retrieve your bags yourself anyway, just remove the wine and place them in your carry-on/backpack. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

We just walked from the British Colonial Hilton to a small store and bought two bottles. Let's just say the selection was not fine wine, and the prices were very high. I strongly recommend securing bottles from home in your checked bags. You will have to retrieve your bags yourself anyway, just remove the wine and place them in your carry-on/backpack. 

I was wondering about prices. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I haven't been to that store specifically, but I would comment that I usually find that buying bottles of wine in hot and humid parts of the world that aren't themselves wine-growing regions is usually a bad idea.  The bottles have probably gotten warmed up at some point along the chain of transport (sitting on the loading dock, un-airconditioned truck, etc.) and will very likely have plonked.  Also, countries that don't produce wine frequently impose high taxes on wine.  Both of those are reasons I'd urge you to save the effort and just buy wine on the ship - bottles or by-the-glass.  At least it's more likely to have been transported and handled appropriately.  But you know your needs and wishes best!

Edited by Brucemcdou

5 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

10 hours ago, spammie said:

Thanks!  We are taking the cruise transfers.  Maybe they will stop.  LOL!  Just kidding.  🙂

The cruise transfer will take you to the Hilton to check-in. Then there is a shuttle to take you from the Hilton to the entrance of the port. After check-in, you can look for a store near the Hilton and then either walk to the port or go back and catch a shuttle. (About a 10 minute walk from the Hilton to the port)

When we were there a couple of weeks ago, all of the shops near the port/terminal were closed. They will probably reopen now that ships are doing port calls there (vs. embarkation/disembarkation when no one is in town).

image.png.296bfed7aa2f9d68351c3089e565528b.png