Just submitted a Best Price Guarantee form. How well do they work?

Ken the cruiser

We noticed by doing a couple of fake bookings today that there was a small price reduction on two of our Edge cruises in August. So we followed the instructions provided at the following link and are now waiting to see if we get the price differences added as OBC to our shipboard accounts on each of those two cruises.

Best Price Guarantee | Celebrity Cruises

Just curious, has anyone had any luck when they've submitted the BPG form and, if so, roughly how long did it take to receive a response from them? 

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We noticed by doing a couple of fake bookings today that there was a small price reduction on two of our Edge cruises in August. So we followed the instructions provided at the following link and are now waiting to see if we get the price differences added as OBC to our shipboard accounts on each of those two cruises.

Just curious, has anyone had any luck when they've submitted the BPG form and, if so, roughly how long did it take to receive a response from them? 

Did the same.  My TA did it for me.   It took less than a day before the price delta showed up in my OBC under my reservation on Celebrity’s site.  They were on top of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, finny2 said:

Can you submit one more than once? In other words, If you do it once and then the price drops again can you submit it a second time.

I don't see why not as long as your booking is dated on or before July 31, 2021. We usually refare a booking 2-4 times before final payment is due (prior to COVID). Here's what it says on the Celebrity web site:

Best Offer Guarantee

If the fare on your sailing is reduced or the promotion gets better, give us a call (or send in the form) and we’ll honor your choice right up to 48 hours before you sail.

* You may change your offer as many times as desired up to 48 hours before sailing.

* For bookings within final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded in the form of nonrefundable Onboard Credit. For bookings outside of final payment, any amounts owed will be refunded to the original form of cruise fare payment.

* Bookings made after July 31, 2021, will be covered with our existing Best Price Guarantee policy.

* Bookings made by UK & Ireland guests after July 31, 2021 will be covered by the existing Price Promise policy.

How did I not know about this previously?

So if you book through a TA, you have to compare the price you're paying to the price on X's website, correct?  This isn't an "I found a better price on a big travel agent's site" thing, right?

12 minutes ago, D C said:

How did I not know about this previously?

So if you book through a TA, you have to compare the price you're paying to the price on X's website, correct?  This isn't an "I found a better price on a big travel agent's site" thing, right?

Yeah…it’s Celebrity’s price drop.  Some TAs play funky games with pricing, that aren’t exactly legit.  But, your TA should file the price drop request on your behalf with Celebrity.

• 2 weeks later...

Our $200 is not yet showing on My Celebrity- our big box TA warned me it could take up to two weeks.

There is an excursion I wish to book using this OBC but it will only cover one of us.

Question: If we subsequently receive more OBC for future price drops can we use it to reimburse for an already cash paid for shore excursion? 

On 6/30/2021 at 4:05 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks Ken.  I forgot about this.  I will check my cruise price more often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Our $200 is not yet showing on My Celebrity- our big box TA warned me it could take up to two weeks.

There is an excursion I wish to book using this OBC but it will only cover one of us.

Question: If we subsequently receive more OBC for future price drops can we use it to reimburse for an already cash paid for shore excursion? 

We never received an updated confirmation, but we just checked our available OBC last night on the 2nd and 3rd legs of our August B2B2B on the Edge and we saw a big bump in available OBC when we clicked on the "Plan Your Cruise" button. We were only expecting a total of $60, but wound up getting $252 on the first leg and $260 on the second. Not sure why, but we're definitely not complaining! You might want to check your bookings online just in case. We also subsequently called the Celebrity 1-888 number, option 1, to get new confirmations with the OBC increases included. 😎

Edited by Ken the cruiser