What other cruise lines match Princess loyalty status?

63 Super Sport

22 hours ago, 63 Super Sport said:

I am aware MSC does. Is there other cruise lines that will match your status with Princess?

I was wondering the same thing and a few months ago so I contacted Royal Caribbean about loyalty reciprocity and received the following in reply:

March 24, 2021

web_cruise_comments@rccl.com

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your e-mail. I appreciate hearing from you and value your feedback.

We currently have an Equivalent Recognition program that offers Crown & Anchor and Captain's Club loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits when they sail with one of our two brands - both pre-cruise and onboard. Members of one program must enroll in the sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits.

Credits earned on one brand are not combinable with credits earned from another brand. However, the reciprocal loyalty program allows loyalty members to move directly into the equivalent tier on their first voyage with another brand.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you on one of our ships in the very near future.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Schwartz

Royal Guest Experience Management

I haven't had an opportunity to give it a try yet, but I'm thinking with all the recent cuts in Princess's loyalty program it might be a good opportunity.

Happy Cruising

17 minutes ago, Bwana Tom said:

I was wondering the same thing and a few months ago so I contacted Royal Caribbean about loyalty reciprocity and received the following in reply:

March 24, 2021

web_cruise_comments@rccl.com

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your e-mail. I appreciate hearing from you and value your feedback.

We currently have an Equivalent Recognition program that offers Crown & Anchor and Captain's Club loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits when they sail with one of our two brands - both pre-cruise and onboard. Members of one program must enroll in the sister program in order to receive equivalent recognition benefits.

Credits earned on one brand are not combinable with credits earned from another brand. However, the reciprocal loyalty program allows loyalty members to move directly into the equivalent tier on their first voyage with another brand.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us. We truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you on one of our ships in the very near future.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Schwartz

Royal Guest Experience Management

I haven't had an opportunity to give it a try yet, but I'm thinking with all the recent cuts in Princess's loyalty program it might be a good opportunity.

Happy Cruising

@Bwana Tom, do you understand Royal Caribbean is explaining they offer reciprocal recognition between their own ‘brands’ being Celebrity(Captain’s Club loyalty pgm) and Royal Caribbean (Crown and Anchor loyalty pgm) wanted to make sure you were not thinking Princess loyalty pgm Captain Circle is being referenced in this letter. 

Reading your statement ‘give it a try’ led me to think you thought there is matching between Royal and Princess.

At Royal, you could take a quickly cruise, then three seven day cruises(booked by 9/30/21 and sailed by 12/31/22) in a Junior suite and be Diamond. 😀

sure you would spend “at least” $ 10k on the cruises, but then have Celebrity benefits too. 😀

5 minutes ago, wallyj said:

@Bwana Tom, do you understand Royal Caribbean is explaining they offer reciprocal recognition between their own ‘brands’ being Celebrity(Captain’s Club loyalty pgm) and Royal Caribbean (Crown and Anchor loyalty pgm) wanted to make sure you were not thinking Princess loyalty pgm Captain Circle is being referenced in this letter. 

Reading your statement ‘give it a try’ led me to think you thought there is matching between Royal and Princess.

Wallyj: It really sounds to me like when they say: "We currently have an Equivalent Recognition program that offers Crown & Anchor and Captain's Club loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits when they sail with one of our two brands - both pre-cruise and onboard" - that means they honor the Princess Capt. Club loyalty status. Am I wrong? 

8 minutes ago, Bwana Tom said:

Wallyj: It really sounds to me like when they say: "We currently have an Equivalent Recognition program that offers Crown & Anchor and Captain's Club loyalty members the opportunity to receive recognition and similar benefits when they sail with one of our two brands - both pre-cruise and onboard" - that means they honor the Princess Capt. Club loyalty status. Am I wrong? 

Yes, you are confusing Royal Caribbean Groups Brand Celebrity Captain’s Club loyalty program referenced in their letter to you. Princess program is called Captain Circle.

I see @snoozecroozebeat me to reply

Edited by wallyj
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Yes, you are confusing Royal Caribbean Groups Brand Celebrity Captain’s Club loyalty program referenced in their letter to you. Princess program is called Captain Circle.

I see @snoozecroozebeat me to reply

My mistake; I stand corrected.

On 7/1/2021 at 5:06 PM, deliver42 said:

None. Carnival Corp doesn't recognize company to company loyalty, unlike RCCL who will do Celebrity and Royal.

Matching no, but from The Points Guy:

Have you sailed with Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard, Seabourn or Costa Cruises? If so, you’ll be automatically enrolled in the Mariner Society when you make your first booking with Holland America. You’ll receive benefits starting with your second HAL voyage.

5 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Matching no, but from The Points Guy:

Have you sailed with Carnival Cruise Line, Princess Cruises, Cunard, Seabourn or Costa Cruises? If so, you’ll be automatically enrolled in the Mariner Society when you make your first booking with Holland America. You’ll receive benefits starting with your second HAL voyage.

You are enrolled as a member with zero cruises. You get the one star benefits on your first HAL voyage.

And the main benefit is a free 4x4 tile with a drawing of the ship presented at a luncheon with a very limited menu in a packed dining room. Officers may give a speech at the start of the lunch and then leave the area.

• Mariner Welcome Onboard Lunch (actually, dining room is open to all passengers)
  • A special collectible gift presented to you on board  (the tile I mentioned)
  • Mariner Brunch with complimentary sparkling wine  (the lunch where you get the tile)
  • A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner® magazine (print version available to US and Canadian residents only)
  • Special offers on select sailings
  • A 50% cruise fare discount on kids and extra guests staying in your stateroom on select sailings

MSC is very generous with their status matching program.  It's a cruise line that is run very differently than Princess and they have some beautiful ships.  We enjoyed cruising on them more than we expected, but they are a very different cruise experience.