Viking Air Deviation

rbslos18

Viking Air Plus line is supposedly not dealing with airfare until 60 days before a cruise departs. Before waiting an hour on the phone I thought I would as if this a hard and fast rule. Our cruise is in December (Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities) but the flight options are slim at this time. Will they book our seats now?

1 hour ago, rbslos18 said:

Viking Air Plus line is supposedly not dealing with airfare until 60 days before a cruise departs. Before waiting an hour on the phone I thought I would as if this a hard and fast rule. Our cruise is in December (Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities) but the flight options are slim at this time. Will they book our seats now?

Best time i found to call air plus is 6 am Pacific time on a Sunday.  Then its a less then 10 minute wait.  I ignored the 60 day wait request and called recently for a November cruise.  Glad i did because they could not book my first choice because it was not within the Viking contract with that airline - at this time.  They wanted to put us on a flight with a 1 hour 30 minute connection time which was not any choice of ours.  So i had them reserve my 2nd choice for now.  They can reserve you seats but they are not guaranteed until Viking tickets which won't be soon.

On 7/2/2021 at 4:24 PM, TayanaLorna said:

Best time i found to call air plus is 6 am Pacific time on a Sunday.  Then its a less then 10 minute wait.  I ignored the 60 day wait request and called recently for a November cruise.  Glad i did because they could not book my first choice because it was not within the Viking contract with that airline - at this time.  They wanted to put us on a flight with a 1 hour 30 minute connection time which was not any choice of ours.  So i had them reserve my 2nd choice for now.  They can reserve you seats but they are not guaranteed until Viking tickets which won't be soon.

We were scheduled a flight by Viking w/a 1 hr 30 min connection time, TYS to ATL (1 1/2 hr.) to Barcelona, and have been worried about it.  So you would not accept that?  

If you wouldn’t, what would your minimum time be?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cher98 said:

We were scheduled a flight by Viking w/a 1 hr 30 min connection time, TYS to ATL (1 1/2 hr.) to Barcelona, and have been worried about it.  So you would not accept that?  

If you wouldn’t, what would your minimum time be?  Thanks!

My minimum is 2.5 hours connection.  I don't walk fast and I don't want to be stressed.  If I have to change terminals I like an even longer layover but that's me.

On 7/4/2021 at 9:08 PM, TayanaLorna said:

My minimum is 2.5 hours connection.  I don't walk fast and I don't want to be stressed.  If I have to change terminals I like an even longer layover but that's me.

Thanks Tanya!  I was able to change my flights this morning. My connection times are between 2.5 to 3 hrs. and I feel a lot better now!

• Like 1

Called Air Plus yesterday.  I don't sail until November.  This is my first time on Viking.  Unfortunately I got a girl that was on her first day of the job.  Very nice, and we all know what that first day is like!

I did ask for a Supervisor though.  Once I spoke to a Supervisor, she was great!  Explained everything to me and got me the flights I wanted.  Really helped me with the air fare coming home as I wasn't sure what connection to take, etc.

I was very impressed with Air Plus.  I also told the Supervisor how nice the "new" girl was and that I wished her well on the job.  The Supervisor said they were in the process of hiring and training new people.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bbtondo said:

Called Air Plus yesterday.  I don't sail until November.  This is my first time on Viking.  Unfortunately I got a girl that was on her first day of the job.  Very nice, and we all know what that first day is like!

I did ask for a Supervisor though.  Once I spoke to a Supervisor, she was great!  Explained everything to me and got me the flights I wanted.  Really helped me with the air fare coming home as I wasn't sure what connection to take, etc.

I was very impressed with Air Plus.  I also told the Supervisor how nice the "new" girl was and that I wished her well on the job.  The Supervisor said they were in the process of hiring and training new people.

I had a somewhat similar experience. I was told all flights that would get us to Rome a day before departure were sold out! I called back and the veteran Air Plus agent had a good chuckle and easily found us seats. Typically I have found Air Plus agents to be very proficient.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 1:00 PM, bbtondo said:

We also sail in November, also our first time on Viking.  I was able to get through to Air Plus after about a 40 minutes wait---mid day.  A very nice, patient young man answered all my questions and was able to book the flights of our choice.  We were able to upgrade to Economy Comfort for a very reasonable rate.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 10:19 AM, Cher98 said:

Thanks Tanya!  I was able to change my flights this morning. My connection times are between 2.5 to 3 hrs. and I feel a lot better now!

Excuse my misspell, Tayana. 

I called around 10 am EST and waited approx. 40 minutes to get through. I was a little uncomfortable calling since our cruise is in Oct. but the agent was kind enough not to mention it. I would have been more uncomfortable not having made the call!

2 hours ago, lvog said:

Does anyone know what the additional charge is for Viking Air should you wish to extend your stay in a city at cruise conclusion?

Air deviation - $100/passenger - is charged if you arrive early or stay later and are using Viking Air.

• Thanks 2