Polo shirts

xoxbear

On 7/6/2021 at 8:00 PM, davekathy said:

Yes he can. We always do SD (MDR) and I always wear a polo/golf style shirt with dockers every evening. 

We have sailed on the Solstice (AK), Silhouette (TA), and Reflection (Eastern Med.) and I must say that on each of those cruises, 99% of our gentlemen dinner companions wore long-sleeve button down shirts.  My hubby wore a polo shirt the first night on the Alaska cruise and was the only one wearing one at a table for 8.  He wore long sleeves afterwards.  Same thing happened on the Reflection's 2019 eastern Med. cruise.  He also wore long sleeves the remaining 11 nights! 

7 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

We have sailed on the Solstice (AK), Silhouette (TA), and Reflection (Eastern Med.) and I must say that on each of those cruises, 99% of our gentlemen dinner companions wore long-sleeve button down shirts.  My hubby wore a polo shirt the first night on the Alaska cruise and was the only one wearing one at a table for 8.  He wore long sleeves afterwards.  Same thing happened on the Reflection's 2019 eastern Med. cruise.  He also wore long sleeves the remaining 11 nights! 

I wore a polo shirts last week on the Edge.  Have no idea what everyone else wore.  Apparently everyone felt I was appropriately dressed, or used the better part of discretion in not letting me know if they didn't approve of my shirts.

8 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

Maybe that depends on who you sat with but my experience on X is completely the opposite. I've seen max 60% wearing long sleeve button down shirts with the rest wearing either sweaters, polos, short sleeve or other styles including T-Shirts at the main dining room.

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

I've seen people wear polo shirts even on Chic Night. I usually wear short sleeve shirts unless it's a rather cold environment. Your husband will be fine, Celebrity isn't a "stiff" cruise line.

Polo shirts are allowed on evening chic nights.  It should be remembered in these topics there is a big difference between the rules and people's opinions. 

Edited by dkjretired
  • Like 2

I would probably wear a short sleeved dress shirt with a sweater. 

Was at City Club Raleigh last night.  Saw a patron maybe mid 30s wearing an long sleeve shirt untucked with the sleeves folded up once.  I have to admit, he pulled it off nicely. 

56 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Polo shirts are allowed on evening chic nights.  It should be remembered in these topics there is a big difference between the rules and people's opinions. 

Agree. Since the introduction of evening chic (2016) I stopped brining formal wear. I wear a polo/golf style shirt with dockers every evening in the MDR (SD). Except the first evening of the cruise I wear shorts with a polo/golf style shirt. 

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I would probably wear a short sleeved dress shirt with a sweater. 

One of my go-to outfits consists of casual slacks and just a lightweight cotton V-neck sweater. It looks dressy, casual and contemporary all at the same time. 

34 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

One of my go-to outfits consists of casual slacks and just a lightweight cotton V-neck sweater. It looks dressy, casual and contemporary all at the same time. 

What kind of shirt do you wear or is it just the sweater?  I'll sometimes wear a colored tshirt underneath a sweater.

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Since the introduction of evening chic (2016) I stopped brining formal wear. I wear a polo/golf style shirt with dockers every evening in the MDR (SD). Except the first evening of the cruise I wear shorts with a polo/golf style shirt. 

I like to bring a nice jacket which I casually wear at times anyway and have matching pants to it instead of jeans. Also makes for a nice picture taking. But I certainly won't bring something like a tux. Now if a particular cruise line is known for being very conservative (Cunard?) maybe this would be different but the reason why I like Celebrity is exactly this fine line of allowing casual-elegant clothing for the dining room.

3 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

I like to bring a nice jacket which I casually wear at times anyway and have matching pants to it instead of jeans. Also makes for a nice picture taking. But I certainly won't bring something like a tux. Now if a particular cruise line is known for being very conservative (Cunard?) maybe this would be different but the reason why I like Celebrity is exactly this fine line of allowing casual-elegant clothing for the dining room.

Just curious.  Is there any place where you *would* wear a jacket with jeans?  Does that work?

30 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

For my 10/30/21 Edge cruise I'm bringing this linen sports jacket(From Zara) and pairing it with jeans or casual slacks and a t-shirt, polo shirt or linen sweater.

PXL_20210807_165605591.jpg

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

What kind of shirt do you wear or is it just the sweater?  I'll sometimes wear a colored tshirt underneath a sweater.

Just the sweater. I have many cotton or cotton/linen pullover sweaters I wear alone. Almost all exclusively from Banana Republic.  

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

For my 10/30/21 Edge cruise I'm bringing this linen sports jacket(From Zara) and pairing it with jeans or casual slacks and a t-shirt, polo shirt or linen sweater.

PXL_20210807_165605591.jpg

I haven't had a linen suit for a long time.  I think I grew out of it.  I used to be very skinny.

What kind of casual slacks?  I do dockers when traveling.