Adventure PCR Testing Requirement

Following is the email I received on July 23, 2021, regarding our sailing on August 7, 2021 - we have NO

kids on our reservation.

Dear Guest,

Here's your reminder to please schedule your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19, conducted by our medical services partner, Doctors Hospital. For your safety, all unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 years old are required to take this test during check-in on boarding day, along with an antigen test on day 5 or 6 of your cruise, which is required for re-entry into The Bahamas – we’ll share information onboard.

It's important to register for your test as soon as possible to avoid delays in your boarding process. Please note, if you are vaccinated (which is required for guests that are eligible for vaccination) you do not have to complete this registration.  

And remember, all guests age 2 and older, will need to present a negative result from a COVID-19 test (which must be done on your own before joining us for your sailing) taken no more than 3 days before your sail date.

15 hours ago, jasongoldberg said:

The Bahamas rules changed last week.  There is no longer an age exclusion for those who are not vaxxed.  They all require a RT-PCR within 5 days of arrival on the island.  RCL has not updated this on their site.

Not sure where you got that info.

According to the Bahama site here: https://travel.gov.bs/file/termsAndConditions

Under 12 unvacced does not need test.

Additionally I just applied for Visa today, Saturday 7/24 for an 8/7 sailing....my 10yr old's unvaccinated application sailed right through without uploading any proof of testing.....granted I will have a test for RCCL but I did not need it to get the entry Visa today.

15 hours ago, jasongoldberg said:

The Bahamas rules changed last week.  There is no longer an age exclusion for those who are not vaxxed.  They all require a RT-PCR within 5 days of arrival on the island.  RCL has not updated this on their site.

I mean we could be talking about 2 different things.....entry versus what you do while you remain....but since we are getting on a boat and leaving...and Royal is picking up quick test for the unvaccinated kids during the voyage to allow us to get back through travel hurdles.....

Edited by dodgestang

3 hours ago, CTSandy said:

Following is the email I received on July 23, 2021, regarding our sailing on August 7, 2021 - we have NO

kids on our reservation.

Dear Guest,

Here's your reminder to please schedule your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19, conducted by our medical services partner, Doctors Hospital. For your safety, all unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 years old are required to take this test during check-in on boarding day, along with an antigen test on day 5 or 6 of your cruise, which is required for re-entry into The Bahamas – we’ll share information onboard.

It's important to register for your test as soon as possible to avoid delays in your boarding process. Please note, if you are vaccinated (which is required for guests that are eligible for vaccination) you do not have to complete this registration.  

And remember, all guests age 2 and older, will need to present a negative result from a COVID-19 test (which must be done on your own before joining us for your sailing) taken no more than 3 days before your sail date.

that’s the old protocol, and it was Royal only.

New protocol is any test is okay, 3 days prior. Kids under 12 also don’t need a test to enter the Bahamas 

4 hours ago, exm said:

that’s the old protocol, and it was Royal only.

New protocol is any test is okay, 3 days prior. Kids under 12 also don’t need a test to enter the Bahamas 

That depends upon whether you are arriving more than one day prior to your sailing. The new rule says:

“Children 11 years old or younger or pilots and crew of a commercial airline who are not staying more than one night in The Bahamas are exempt from the RT-PCR COVID-19 test/Vaccination Card upload
requirement.”

As I summarized previously in this thread...

Bahamas Health Visa Requirement:

Vaccinated;

or negative RT-PCR test from the last 5 days;

or under 12 (no test required)

Royal Caribbean Check-in Requirement:

Vaccinated (age 12 or older, as of August 1);

or under 12 (as of August 1)

AND

Antigen or RT-PCR test from the last 3 days (as of August 1);

or under 2 (no test required)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dswallow said:

As I summarized previously in this thread...

Bahamas Health Visa Requirement:

Vaccinated;

or negative RT-PCR test from the last 5 days;

or under 12 (no test required)

Royal Caribbean Check-in Requirement:

Vaccinated (age 12 or older, as of August 1);

or under 12 (as of August 1)

AND

Antigen or RT-PCR test from the last 3 days (as of August 1);

or under 2 (no test required)

Thank you... all the cross talking on this was driving me crazy.