Extended angled balcony

Retired 07

45 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I don't know about your room but this website told me I picked a great room .... E425. Angled balcony over stores. They're quiet at night

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Majestic-Princess

I agree that is a great site … we’ve used it for years.  I also agree that E425 is a fabulous room on the Royal class ships.  We had that room on the Royal and it was an excellent choice.  As you said, it is very nice and quiet, too … plus that very roomy balcony.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I don't know about your room but this website told me I picked a great room .... E425. Angled balcony over stores. They're quiet at night

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Majestic-Princess

54 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

E425 does look like a great cabin. 😀

It is a great cabin.  Had same one on the REGAL in Fall 2019.  Don't recall how far ahead we booked it, but I feel like the secret is out on these and Princess seems to never have the bargain price anymore when I check.  I would book this over our usual Inside if the price is right. 

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

Retired,  it looks like you have booked one of the Mini Suites on Caribe, C410 - C432.

Yes, those would be excellent Minis!

The ship deck plans give you an excellent depiction of those larger balconies. 

Great mid-ship location.

Caribe deck would be far enough over those public deck areas below (on Promenade) , and far enough below the sea-walk areas above.  (higher decks would have the Sea Walk / Sea View Bar right there overlooking them.)

If you are happy with your great location, then, as mentioned, I think it is possible that you can have your booking marked No Upgrade.  As, even with assigned cabin picks, Priincess does reserve the right to move you.  

For me, I would like the most forward angled balconies, C409 or C410.  

That's just me, preferring a forward angle, instead of one overlooking the public midship deck below.

On 7/10/2021 at 6:48 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Retired,  it looks like you have booked one of the Mini Suites on Caribe, C410 - C432.

Yes, those would be excellent Minis!

The ship deck plans give you an excellent depiction of those larger balconies. 

Great mid-ship location.

Caribe deck would be far enough over those public deck areas below (on Promenade) , and far enough below the sea-walk areas above.  (higher decks would have the Sea Walk / Sea View Bar right there overlooking them.)

If you are happy with your great location, then, as mentioned, I think it is possible that you can have your booking marked No Upgrade.  As, even with assigned cabin picks, Priincess does reserve the right to move you.  

For me, I would like the most forward angled balconies, C409 or C410.  

That's just me, preferring a forward angle, instead of one overlooking the public midship deck below.

Thanks! As it turns out we are in C409.  Strange that that was the only available mini in that entire section, port or starboard.  I still cannot find any pictures of these angled balconies.

I did a quick search and found this...

A good photo of a similar balcony two decks below,  from the balcony, and of then one of the balcony from the exterior of the ship.

It is angled, a good bit deeper on the one side.  doesn't seem to show well in this photo.

Yours will have an actual table, not just the little foot-stool table,  as yours is a Mini.

Enjoy!

image.png.054252c4ab328a18b1b4ae0d7958ca02.png

20140128_155432sm.jpg.e3295868f26bad23b1

Edited by Wishing on a star

On 7/12/2021 at 8:08 PM, Sprocket said:

We are booked in A409 and cannot find any pictures of the balcony, not even on youtube.  We had C409 on the Sky and loved it.

Curious if you have any photos of the balcony for Sky C409, we're in that one in December!

1 hour ago, Trent212 said:

Curious if you have any photos of the balcony for Sky C409, we're in that one in December!

Sorry no I thought so but couldn’t find any.  It is much bigger than the one beside you and we really enjoyed it.  Had room service breakfast out there a few times.  When you see starboard pictures of the ship you get a good idea of the size.  
We have 6 upcoming cruises and have booked the same cabin or cabin type on 5 of them.  On the Grand we were lucky and were able to snag E729 which has a huge balcony.

Enjoy your cruise we loved the Sky, Crown Grill, Alfredo’s and IC all very good.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 7:03 PM, Retired 07 said:

We are booked in a mini-suite on the caribe deck of the Majestic Princess. Does any know where I can find pictures or description of an extended angled balcony?  Thank you.

You should easily be able to access the site & check your deck. We had a mini on Star & the balcony was quite "deep". I gather the Royal balconies are pretty shallow if you don't have an angled balcony. We're booked a Guarantee CC mini on the Sky early march 2023 (all were filled)We don't have the choice on depth, but will take what we et, I guess.

Yes, you can easily pull up deck plans and see the angle and size of the balconies.

Which cabin are you booked in?

On these Royal Class ships, the balconies are small,  not deep at all.

One can barely sit in the chair with their legs and feet, when facing straight out.

Any extra depth, which an angle would give, would be great to have.