LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

11 hours ago, Garden_Girl said:

Thank you. It’s weird because in UK I think we would tend to call it the Dog and Duck rather than Duck and Dog. Don’t ask me why but it seems to roll off the tongue better in a pubby kind of way. Any Brits on here would agree?

Not a Brit, but I agree with you.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Marty, you should consider booking another AOS sailing out of the Bahamas.  The Aug 21st sailing still has great pricing 

Thank you for that suggestion. Are you and your family on that one? Tell you the truth, I have 7 more cruises already booked with the next one Oct 2-9, 2021 (Celebrity Edge) and through to May 2022 (Allure of the Seas TA at the end of April 2022).

I have made cruising my RAOC (Retirement Activity Of Choice)!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Thank you for that suggestion. Are you and your family on that one? Tell you the truth, I have 7 more cruises already booked with the next one Oct 2-9, 2021 (Celebrity Edge) and through to May 2022 (Allure of the Seas TA at the end of April 2022).

I have made cruising my RAOC (Retirement Activity Of Choice)!

My husband and I, with some great friends are on the 21st.  The hubby and I are actually doing a B2B.  The kids and a bunch of our friends (it will be over 20 total) are all doing a MR with us in Dec on NCL Bliss.  And a TA with just hubby, myself and same couple from AOS on an NCL Escape TA at the end of April 2022.  Hubby is not quite retired (although close) but we are taking advantage of holes in the work schedule while we can  😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Nothing of note, just cognizant of our different approach to things

🤣She may smell a rat? 

That said, when I do "run" into somebody, I don't spill my beer like that other guy who hangs around here....  Captain something or other I believe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, RumRunner2021 said:

🤣She may smell a rat? 

That said, when I do "run" into somebody, I don't spill my beer like that other guy who hangs around here....  Captain something or other I believe.

Hey, I didn't spill a drop of the "oil" (rum) sitting on top of my Pina Coloda this afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RumRunner2021 said:

🤣She may smell a rat? 

Consumed beer is better than spilt beer

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

#1  No Brainer.  Unless you're a REALLY big Bucks fan.  Based upon the last two games, I think they're going to take it tonight.

Well, I was right about this one but anybody who has watched the last several games, and wasn't drunk, would have likely made the same prediction.  Heck, even most of my fellow drunks would have likely called it correctly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Garden_Girl said:

Thank you. It’s weird because in UK I think we would tend to call it the Dog and Duck rather than Duck and Dog. Don’t ask me why but it seems to roll off the tongue better in a pubby kind of way. Any Brits on here would agree?

Definitely Dog and Duck in the UK,  maybe duck and dog is ironic ?

4 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

Well, I was right about this one but anybody who has watched the last several games, and wasn't drunk, would have likely made the same prediction.  Heck, even most of my fellow drunks would have likely called it correctly.

Fear the deer!

7 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

I did not say I was unique!  Generally I fit right in, in that slightly uncomfortable way, usually irking someone while causing someone else to agree.  I just need a break from my own ….enthusiasm, lol

I know you didn't. I was joking around with you and pointing out that plenty of us around here are just like you when it comes to being opinionated.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Cozumel here we come! I think we're at anchor because I don't see any wake off our stern. We're probably waiting for our arrival time (8 am) and our pilot.

20210721_061936.jpg

I alway love seeing the lights of an island in the darkness from the ship.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MorganClark said:

I'm booked on Odyssey. I just can't remember when because I've got so many cruises booked, lol.

Wow, you must have a lot of cruises booked. Pre COVID I had 21 cruises booked and knew everyone by heart. Unfortunately a lot of those cruises were cancelled over the last 15 months. Right now we are down to only having 8 cruises booked (6 RCI, 2 Celebrity), but I am hopeful all of them will sail. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I alway love seeing the lights of an island in the darkness from the ship.

Belay my last matey (here I go talking like a pirate again). I think we were at dead slow ahead coming in towards the International Pier in Cozumel. Ships will usually slow all the down to dead slow and just "creep" along and the pilot boat will come alongside and embark the pilot. Now, it looks like we've arrived. We'll probably be cleared within the next 1/2 hour.

20210721_072508.jpg

Oh yeah, we're now docked;

20210721_073207.jpg

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 7