LIVE - Adventure of the Seas - July 17, 2021

17 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Wow, you must have a lot of cruises booked. Pre COVID I had 21 cruises booked and knew everyone by heart. Unfortunately a lot of those cruises were cancelled over the last 15 months. Right now we are down to only having 8 cruises booked (6 RCI, 2 Celebrity), but I am hopeful all of them will sail. 

You are like me, lol. Are you also retired? But, I guess my timing was good because I waited (no cruises cancelled). I saw this cruise, Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau and I was confident it would sail (no CDC to deal with). And sure enough, here I am aboard an operational cruise ship. I'm in good shape because my next cruise (Oct 2nd) is on Celebrity Edge, which was the 1st cruise ship to sail out of a U.S. port since the shut-down.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MorganClark said:

You didn't hear a British accent did you? But when he talks, he has a strong British accent. It's weird how the accent disappears when he sings.

Not uncommon.  Remember Jim Nabors? (Dating myself). Spoke like a hayseed but had an operatic bass/baritone singing voice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MorganClark said:

You are like me, lol. Are you also retired? But, I guess my timing was good because I waited (no cruises cancelled). I saw this cruise, Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau and I was confident it would sail (no CDC to deal with). And sure enough, here I am aboard an operational cruise ship. I'm in good shape because my next cruise (Oct 2nd) is on Celebrity Edge, which was the 1st cruise ship to sail out of a U.S. port since the shut-down.

I am still working unfortunately. We live in Florida and usually do several 3-4 day weekend cruises in addition to several 7-8 day cruises every year. We are booked on AOTS on July 31st. At the time I booked it my thought was we will at least go on one cruise this year. Now I am optimistic the rest of the cruises I booked awhile ago will all sail, although there is always the worry in the back of my mind that there are no guarantees right now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Not uncommon.  Remember Jim Nabors? (Dating myself). Spoke like a hayseed but had an operatic bass/baritone singing voice.

Yes, I remember Jim Nabors. Very good example and very good point! I may have just thought of another good example; how about Elton John? (Spoke with a British accent but sang without one. And he had some pipes!).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am still working unfortunately. We live in Florida and usually do several 3-4 day weekend cruises in addition to several 7-8 day cruises every year. We are booked on AOTS on July 31st. At the time I booked it my thought was we will at least go on one cruise this year. Now I am optimistic the rest of the cruises I booked awhile ago will all sail, although there is always the worry in the back of my mind that there are no guarantees right now.  

I think you're safe. I think all your future cruises will sail. I think we're out of the woods re the shut-down.

I was getting some pool/hot tub action in on the main pool deck and I saw the ship's captain making the rounds with 2 of his deck officers. He even waved "hi" to me while I was in the pool. What a friendly, & nice captain (maybe he will let me drive the ship). Anyway, he and his deck officers were inspecting one if the cabinets were they put the dishes. He was looking at those cabinets for some time. Talk about detail-oriented, wow. You have the captain of the ship looking extensively at a dish cabinet.

Looks like the deck officers wear white short sleeve shirts with shoulder boards (the more gold on the shoulder boards, the more senior the officer. The captain had enough gold on his shoulder boards to blind you). Also, it looks like the ship's engineers wear white coveralls. (Us deck officers don't like to get our hands dirty).

Also, for those who don't already know; the water in the main pools is salt and the water in the hot tubs is fresh. Your welcome.

Edited by MorganClark
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Also, for those who don't already know; the water in the main pools is salt and the water in the hot tubs is fresh. Your welcome.

Nice to know. I have yet to be in either a ship's pools or hot tubs.

• Like 1

Hope Morgan will do a Live from the Edge!  And very glad that our 10/31 Liberty sailing is from Galveston.  So far, Texas is able to require all over 12 to be vaxxed.  I need my cruise!!!!  Thanks to all of you onboard for taking us along.  Tell Cozumel I plan on being there in a little over 3 months!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RumRunner2021 said:

Are you talking about the cruise lines?  Aren't some/all already requiring testing for all?

We had to have a negative covid pcr test 5 days or less BEFORE SAIL DATE. Not 5 days or less before entering the Bahamas. I thought it was 5 days before entering the Bahamas *(somebody on this thread posted the actual written RCI policy and I was right,). However, when it came to present my negative pcr test result, it was rejected at check-in at the Hilton, for being outside that 5 day window. So, RCI was wrong and I was right! But, no biggie. They just send you to another room and do a rapid antigen test in you. You get your result within 15 min.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Leaving the AOS and to the end of the pier to catch my "Captain you own speed boat" excursion.

Doesn't she have a beautiful face?

20210721_110704.jpg

She actually is. I think the V/F class ships are the best looking and Radiance class is not far behind.

• Like 3

El Pescador Beach Club Menu;

93D93210-94FB-4024-B2BB-B1D60587CECB.thumb.jpeg.f5ec864ccb8ddb5523280bebe9a6414a.jpeg

Tacos 

9A4C6783-5EF1-42A1-9436-554288C8D8B3.thumb.jpeg.f51ab9c713e533b016b613d8449d3726.jpeg

Margarita;

4126399B-6EEF-4928-BCD4-0EF394B6B107.thumb.jpeg.b8e6ea05f243d524c767df696027a72b.jpeg

Mango Margarita-Awesome! Not too sweet;2C974F15-E897-4317-A55C-F596F72A0414.thumb.jpeg.6d831ab4bd49a6762d39f27ec718322d.jpeg

The coconut shrimp was a 10/10 forks. Almost as good as The Office in Cabo which is an 11+;72CE9C41-4A9D-458B-8827-860E6D83C280.thumb.jpeg.32471f668d5fbda76a26b77d6fca692a.jpeg

Pics of the club

ACAD4407-1B38-4ECB-8901-58D2FE310C70.jpeg

3300D4E3-34C1-41DB-99B0-352864A72BC8.jpeg

AF620830-3E26-4288-A2FD-BE93AE77BD5E.jpeg

064DB944-D18F-47B0-8EE6-33D05A54D981.jpeg

FAD2D83C-65CA-4D44-BD6C-6EC0FEEF4516.jpeg

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 8

Ohhh, @HBCcruiser I can’t wait for your review of the Chef’s Table!!  I am considering booking it during our second week.  Do you know if they were offering a better price onboard?

Are the wines included? (We don’t have the drink package the second week).  Older reviews say that they are, but the current pre- cruise pricing says “food only” so not sure if it’s inclusive as in the past.

We just booked the over the water cabana since the prices finally came down to $999 — I had to go back and re-read your review of that with a whole new intensity 😊

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 1