How many are getting approved exemptions for unvaccinated kids?

4 hours ago, CorrieCJ said:

Can I ask when you heard about the approval? We are scheduled to sail August 7 (3 weeks from now) and still haven't heard. It's very frustrating because we are waiting to book airfare, hotel, etc.  Our PVP had thought we'd hear at least 30 days before but no luck so far. 

I've got you beat, my cruise is on Aug 2, and no response about my toddler being approved/denied. I'd love to hear how soon (late) people hear back about exemptions for kids.

52 minutes ago, CorrieCJ said:

Is it $300 per child (ie $150 per test)? I interpreted it as the $150 would cover all.  

It was to my understanding it’s $150 per unvaccinated passenger. I’m expecting to pay $300 for my two if picked

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 5:47 PM, KyloRen said:

I am freaking out. I have two kids.. One thatll be vaccinated within ONE WEEK of the needed time and one thats only 9 y/o. :{ My first booking is the Sept 27 m-f Mexican Cruise, so I am hoping that my 9 y/o gets in.

My daughters Bday is Aug14th, I'm taking her that very day to get her shot. If I do the second shot exactly 3 weeks out she will be fully vaccinated by the week before we sail.. 

What a great Birthday Present to get a vaccine and then get the full vaccine a week before the cruise! This is a great plan!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalkinCrusin said:

I've got you beat, my cruise is on Aug 2, and no response about my toddler being approved/denied. I'd love to hear how soon (late) people hear back about exemptions for kids.

Oh no. We were going to wait it out in hopes of getting a good bounceback offer if denied the exemption - but there's no way I can leave it that long.  I'm getting anxiety as it is, and my oldest is trying to figure out dates for another trip he wants to take (plus a moving date for his new apartment)... so much stuff up in the air. And flights from NY-Miami "up in the air" as well  :)  I hope you hear soon and also hope  you will come back and post once you have news. 

We're booked on Mardi Gras for Thanksgiving week, and one of our kids is 7.  The other is 14 and vaccinated.

What is the process for requesting the vaccine exemption for our 7 year old?  Do we need to wait for a communication from Carnival before we can make the request?  Or do we just call Carnival's 800 number?

13 hours ago, gtalum said:

We're booked on Mardi Gras for Thanksgiving week, and one of our kids is 7.  The other is 14 and vaccinated.

What is the process for requesting the vaccine exemption for our 7 year old?  Do we need to wait for a communication from Carnival before we can make the request?  Or do we just call Carnival's 800 number?

Carnival contacted us via email with a link to apply for the exemption.  Since your trip is not until November, hopefully you won't have to go through this.  

22 hours ago, CorrieCJ said:

Is it $300 per child (ie $150 per test)? I interpreted it as the $150 would cover all.  

oh ok.  I guess I misunderstood.  I thought it was $150 per test x 2 $300 plus you have to bring one with you that has been done in the last 72 hrs.

20 hours ago, gtalum said:

Carnival will send an email.  November is a long way off and right now they haven't announced September.

So, we had an October cruise on the Marti Gras lined up.  I have an eight and a five year old.  I am not sure what we would do without kids clubs and self wondering around the ports.  I am interested to here other peoples experience on the ships.  

We are going on Sept 27th on the Magic with our 2 yr old. I was told by my TA to wait because her "contact in Carnival" said that any kids under 3 were not going to be able to cruise. However she is currently doing a b2b on the Horizon and either that info has changed or was incorrect because she is telling me there are infants and toddlers on board. I also could be wrong but I think the sooner you pay off the cruise the better chance you have. Everything is changing daily though so who knows. 

14 hours ago, wasidremin said:

So, we had an October cruise on the Marti Gras lined up.  I have an eight and a five year old.  I am not sure what we would do without kids clubs and self wondering around the ports.  I am interested to here other peoples experience on the ships.  

The bubble tours turned out to be great. The rest of the activities on the ship besides the Dr Seaus events were open except they had to repaint one of the pools so it was closed for 2 days.  The only thing we didn't get to do was go to dinner in Aruba but it we all are having a great cruise.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 9:46 AM, CorrieCJ said:

Can I ask when you heard about the approval? We are scheduled to sail August 7 (3 weeks from now) and still haven't heard. It's very frustrating because we are waiting to book airfare, hotel, etc.  Our PVP had thought we'd hear at least 30 days before but no luck so far. 

We found out on June 23, but that’s because we are only the third cruise out on the Horizon. 

We have another cruise booked on the Mardi Gras for August and they are now saying we won’t know until a week before we cruise.

I am guessing Carnival hopes a lot of families cancel before they have to make the final exemptions.

8 minutes ago, AtoZgirl said:

We found out on June 23, but that’s because we are only the third cruise out on the Horizon. 

We have another cruise booked on the Mardi Gras for August and they are now saying we won’t know until a week before we cruise.

I am guessing Carnival hopes a lot of families cancel before they have to make the final exemptions.

Sounds reasonable, they would rather have people move their date forward than deny exemptions, especially to children.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 1:51 PM, TalkinCrusin said:

I dont think your toddler will be approved. I heard they are not approving younger than 4 because they cannot wear a mask properly. I can tell you there were no kids under about the age of 4-5 on my July 4th sailing. Zero babies, Zero toddlers. 

On 7/13/2021 at 7:40 PM, lobster1313 said:

I'm sailing right now with my daughter who received an exemption. The only denials that I saw were for adults.

What’s the youngest kid you saw onboard? I have a one year old.. wondering if they’re not approving exemptions for super young kids.

Did more bubble tours open up/made available once you boarded compared to what was available online beforehand? Thanks! 

56 minutes ago, WeBeCruisinMon said:

What’s the youngest kid you saw onboard? I have a one year old.. wondering if they’re not approving exemptions for super young kids.

Did more bubble tours open up/made available once you boarded compared to what was available online beforehand? Thanks! 

I will have a one year old when I sail in February and I hope she doesn't have restrictions. How much harm can a one year old cause

I’ve been calling Carnival on a regular basis while waiting on my toddler’s exemption, here is what I know.

1)      They are working in order of cruise date, as of 07/19, they are finalizing cursing exemptions for 07/31. Carnival was working on the 07/30 on 07/17 and 07/15 on 07/07. It’s slow progress, but it’s better than before.

2)      Carnival is required by federal regulations to consider adults who do not get vaccines due to religious reasons, so adult without shots will get approvals. The caveat here is that these individuals will be required to pay for additional COVID tests (150 pp), get travel insurance (not cheap), and they will not be able to disembark at ports unless it’s for bubble tours (limited). This may be price or convenience restrictive for many unvaccinated adults, so a lot of people opt out.

3)      Exemptions are first come first serve, they don’t have actuaries calculating profitability by cabin and cruiser demographic.

5 hours ago, Julienatul said:

I dont think your toddler will be approved. I heard they are not approving younger than 4 because they cannot wear a mask properly. I can tell you there were no kids under about the age of 4-5 on my July 4th sailing. Zero babies, Zero toddlers. 

There were plenty on the July 10th cruise.

4 hours ago, tiffy0428 said:

I will have a one year old when I sail in February and I hope she doesn't have restrictions. How much harm can a one year old cause

There was a baby that was 6 months that was in front of us in the exemption line at check in and the were also a few toddlers.  We had one next to us at dinner who had just turned 2. At the comedy show there was a family who had 6, 4 and a 2 year old.  The comedian talked with the 6 year old.

Edited by lobster1313

48 minutes ago, TalkinCrusin said:

I’ve been calling Carnival on a regular basis while waiting on my toddler’s exemption, here is what I know.

1)      They are working in order of cruise date, as of 07/19, they are finalizing cursing exemptions for 07/31. Carnival was working on the 07/30 on 07/17 and 07/15 on 07/07. It’s slow progress, but it’s better than before.

2)      Carnival is required by federal regulations to consider adults who do not get vaccines due to religious reasons, so adult without shots will get approvals. The caveat here is that these individuals will be required to pay for additional COVID tests (150 pp), get travel insurance (not cheap), and they will not be able to disembark at ports unless it’s for bubble tours (limited). This may be price or convenience restrictive for many unvaccinated adults, so a lot of people opt out.

3)      Exemptions are first come first serve, they don’t have actuaries calculating profitability by cabin and cruiser demographic.

On the July 10th Horizon the adults were the last to get approved.  The children were approved within a couple of weeks of when they applied and the adults didn't get approved until the last few days.  There are very few adults that qualify for a medical or religious exemption so the ones that I spoke with or on the roll call just didn't want to get the shot.

Edited by lobster1313