Kudos to NCL

The truth is a little more complicated.  There are fewer children coming down with COVID now than there were when cases were peaking 6 months ago, but since case numbers are down overall, children make up a much larger percentage of the new cases.  So it’s not so much that child COVID cases are rapidly rising than that they have not been dropping as quickly as COVID has among adults.  Which is absolutely still a reason to be concerned and a reason to be cautious if you’re a parent of children too young for the COVID vaccine, but not the same thing as a rise in the raw number of cases among children.

That said, I still support the NCL lawsuit.  I think the concerns around contagion at sea are very real, especially since the cruises stop in ports where the population haven’t had the access to vaccines that we have in the US.  It’s not just about protecting fellow cruisers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, xqueenfrostine said:

The truth is a little more complicated.  There are fewer children coming down with COVID now than there were when cases were peaking 6 months ago, but since case numbers are down overall, children make up a much larger percentage of the new cases.  So it’s not so much that child COVID cases are rapidly rising than that they have not been dropping as quickly as COVID has among adults.  Which is absolutely still a reason to be concerned and a reason to be cautious if you’re a parent of children too young for the COVID vaccine, but not the same thing as a rise in the raw number of cases among children.

That said, I still support the NCL lawsuit.  I think the concerns around contagion at sea are very real, especially since the cruises stop in ports where the population haven’t had the access to vaccines that we have in the US.  It’s not just about protecting fellow cruisers.

Don't use Simpson's paradox and logic on this situation. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, xqueenfrostine said:

Gotcha. Makes sense. I do worry, though, for my grandchildren under the age of 7 who can’t be vaccinated. With so many people who are eligible to be vaccinated but refuse, I fear this Delta variant is going to have a severe impact on younger children right at the time they’re planning to get kids back in school. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Gotcha. Makes sense. I do worry, though, for my grandchildren under the age of 7 who can’t be vaccinated. With so many people who are eligible to be vaccinated but refuse, I fear this Delta variant is going to have a severe impact on younger children right at the time they’re planning to get kids back in school. 

I am more worried about my Grandson's getting cardiac issues when they open vaccinations to the children. I have a friend whos's child had covid, they didn't even knoiw it, just thought is was a bad cold and cough until he complained that his cake didn't taste good.  He was better the next week.

Edited by mauraoel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mauraoel said:

I am more worried about my Grandson's getting cardiac issues when they open vaccinations to the children. I have a friend whos's child had covid, they didn't even knoiw it, just thought is was a bad cold and cough until he complained that his cake didn't taste good.  He was better the next week.

That's what COVID is like for most people.  Problem is you can't predict who's going to get the back cases.  Athletes at Ohio State, for example.

3 hours ago, mauraoel said:

And my 15 year old nephew contracted Covid one week before he became eligible for the vaccine (the rest of the family was fully vaccinated). He recovered after about 10 days. When he returned to his pediatrician to be cleared to return to soccer, his dr detected a heart arrhythmia. He never had that before. So there’s that…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Kudos to NCL. Wish Royal would step up and do the same. I get that Royal wants to attract families with children, but the Covid cases among children is rapidly rising. 
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/07/13/norwegian-cruise-line-sues-florida-surgeon-general-to-end-vaccine-passport-ban-.html

Absolutely agree...I think Royal went in the wrong direction. If it came down to having to keep unvaccinated kids off ships for the time being to sail at 95% fully vaccinated so be it. It would provide a MUCH more pleasurable experience like Celebrity is providing right now. I don't see how having people masked and the separation of vaccinated verse non-vaccinated is attractive to anyone right now. 

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 5