MoveUp Offer Question

seacruiserla

8 minutes ago, stones902 said:

I’m considering a Move Up bid from a Concierge cabin to a Suite. My understanding is that (if successful) no perks would be included that normally come with a suite but my question is would we still dine in Luminae and also have access to the Retreat?  I guess I’m not sure if these are considered perks. 

Thanks in advance for any replies. 

Accesss to Luminae and the Retreat are amenities of a Suite and you would get those under a successful Move UP to Suite. 

Seeing so many posters get moved up, I am considering trying this for our January 22nd cruise.  We are currently in Aqua.  Any suggestions on obtaining a successful move up would be appreciated.  Do you need to bid the highest amount?  What are the chances to go from Aqua to a suite in the retreat?  On an Azamara cruise, we were able to upgrade from an outside to a veranda for just $200.00 per person.  We were told to go to the pursers desk immediately upon boarding to check upgrade availability.  When we booked the cruise, it was totally sold out in veranda staterooms so we were not confident that we could upgrade.  Evidently, last minute cancellations are quite common.  We were also offered the Owners Suite for $2000.00...which we declined.

3 hours ago, Nashna said:

Seeing so many posters get moved up, I am considering trying this for our January 22nd cruise.  We are currently in Aqua.  Any suggestions on obtaining a successful move up would be appreciated.  Do you need to bid the highest amount?  What are the chances to go from Aqua to a suite in the retreat?  On an Azamara cruise, we were able to upgrade from an outside to a veranda for just $200.00 per person.  We were told to go to the pursers desk immediately upon boarding to check upgrade availability.  When we booked the cruise, it was totally sold out in veranda staterooms so we were not confident that we could upgrade.  Evidently, last minute cancellations are quite common.  We were also offered the Owners Suite for $2000.00...which we declined.

I won a Move Up bid on last week's Apex sailing, moving from Concierge Class to Sky Suite. I bid the absolute minimum on the slider (USD$700 pp). 

It was worth every penny.

Move up from a non-suite to a suite used to be almost impossible, unless bidding quite a bit over minimum, if then, as suites are always the first to sell out.  Perhaps in Covid times you might stand a better chance.  We've bid from AQ to suite many, many times and never been successful in pre-Covid times.  We are in a Sky Suite on our next cruise and bid up to a Celebrity Suite. Haven't heard anything and it sails Saturday so doesn't look like we are going to be successful this time either.

It certainly can't hurt to try for the Move Up.  I'm sorry we didn't opt in for the Sky Suite when we first booked as the pricing was much lower last February than it is today.  $700.00 per person is a great price for that upgrade.  

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

If you have a veranda cabin with no perks and bid on a Solstice Sky suite, would you get the all-inclusive premium beverage package, gratuities, etc that are already included with the Sky Suite?

No, you just get the amenities associated with suites. Retreat Lounge, Luminae, Sundeck if the ship has it and a sweet Silver SeaPass Card.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We had downloaded our eDocs and luggage labels, and then received a successful MoveUp to a sky suite.  The eDocs have partially updated but there are no luggage labels.  Does anyone know when the eDocs will be reissued?