MoveUp Offer Question

seacruiserla

I would appreciate some information about the Celebrity MoveUp Offer.  I assume that MoveUp offers will only be available if some suites have not been booked.  

1. How far ahead before each actual cruise will Celebrity start the MoveUp bidding?  
  2. Will the  MoveUp Offer announcement be sent to all passengers by email?

Thanks.

—Terry

5 hours ago, seacruiserla said:

I would appreciate some information about the Celebrity MoveUp Offer.  I assume that MoveUp offers will only be available if some suites have not been booked.  

1. How far ahead before each actual cruise will Celebrity start the MoveUp bidding?  
  2. Will the  MoveUp Offer announcement be sent to all passengers by email?

Thanks.

—Terry

1)It used to be four weeks but is now 21 days-ish. 

2) As long as you have enabled emails from Celebrity and have an eligible booking, you should get an email around the 21 day mark. 

8 hours ago, stinkyenglishteacher said:

1)It used to be four weeks but is now 21 days-ish. 

2) As long as you have enabled emails from Celebrity and have an eligible booking, you should get an email around the 21 day mark. 

Thanks for the info.

--Terry

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

FYI if you are booked with a TA not all TA's participate in Move Up.  

Should we interpret this as, "they aren't going the extra mile to notify you"?  MoveUp is probably non-commissionable so the big-box VTGs of the world aren't probably going to be super helpful.

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

Thanks to the link provided by bajathree, I can always check on it myself even if my TA does not notify me although he has been very good with us with all our past travel.

Just to clarify...

If we Move Up to a suite (currently SV), we do NOT get the extra perks, correct. 

(OBC, premium drinks, streaming wifi).

Honestly if we were, then bidding is a no brainer...

8 hours ago, bloomcruisers said:

Unless things have changed, move-up offers come directly from Celebrity. We received one and had our bid accepted last year (pre-covid). But we dealt directly with Celebrity for all communications and payment. Our TA was not involved at all.

I received that email and I'm tempted to bid, may I ask, was your bid on the low or high side? That little meter on the side seems to suggest that low bids on the scale won't be accepted. I'm a little intimidated, also can you bid on several different categories? Thanks!

31 minutes ago, guidance lady said:

I received that email and I'm tempted to bid, may I ask, was your bid on the low or high side? That little meter on the side seems to suggest that low bids on the scale won't be accepted. I'm a little intimidated, also can you bid on several different categories? Thanks!

There is a sticky on bidding you may find interesting.

It really depends on what you are bidding for and the availability of cabins.      I have won on bids at the minimum as well as being turned down on a bid at the highest end. 

The often also have bids open for class of cabins that are already booked in case of cancellation.    If you win your credit card is immediately billed which may be your first indication you won a bid if you have credit alerts set up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KKB said:

Just to clarify...

If we Move Up to a suite (currently SV), we do NOT get the extra perks, correct. 

(OBC, premium drinks, streaming wifi).

Honestly if we were, then bidding is a no brainer...

Correct for a SS or CS.   For RS and above the room amenities include Prem Bev Package, Stream Wifi, Laundry, Specialty Dining, etc.  You do get amenities as they come with the room.   You don't get booking perks or extra CC points.

21 hours ago, jelayne said:

There is a very large warehouse store TA which doesn't participate.  If you have booked with them you won't get offers and won't be able to participate.

Most TA's do allow participation.

55 minutes ago, guidance lady said:

I don’t really remember what we offered; and as Jim has said, you can be successful at either end depending on your sailing and category availability.

But I do remember you could bid on more than 1 category.

• Like 1

It's always worth looking at what the actual difference in price is before making a MoveUp bid.  If you are interested in an upgrade, you can do so directly with Celebrity (or your TA, if you have one).  That's a sure thing, you get all additional perks, you get to select your cabin, and you may find the pricing at (or even below) the minimum MoveUp bid.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

With restricted capacity seems that move up offers would be very few.

They are not restricting capacity by prorating all classes.  In fact, they are doing their best to fill up the higher, more lucrative classes.

• Like 1

I've tried using https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade to check if our August cruise is eligible for upgrades, but after entering last name and reservation number, all I see is a dialog box stating, "Please wait, we are checking for availability" with a spinning circle of dots that never stops. Nothing else ever loads or appears. Is anyone else having this problem?

I realize the Celebrity website is quite bad, but this at least worked in the past! I've tried both Windows and Mac, on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. No luck at all.

10 minutes ago, ReubenR said:

I've tried using https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade to check if our August cruise is eligible for upgrades, but after entering last name and reservation number, all I see is a dialog box stating, "Please wait, we are checking for availability" with a spinning circle of dots that never stops. Nothing else ever loads or appears. Is anyone else having this problem?

I realize the Celebrity website is quite bad, but this at least worked in the past! I've tried both Windows and Mac, on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. No luck at all.

We are on the 8/15 Equinox sailing. The bidding site just appeared an hour ago. Hope this helps.

The OP asked about suites, but of course MoveUp Offers can be for any category of rooms.  It seems to me, in reading posts on these boards and on FB, that people tend to be successful in moving from one type of cabin to a higher level (such as balcony to AQ) or to move from one category of suite to a higher level category.  We usually book AQ and have bid many times on move ups to suites with no luck.  Not saying it never happens, but a move up from AQ or CC to a suite seems more rare - for those who have been successful doing that I would love to hear about it to have some hope!

BTW, I know we can't name names here, but I also often book through a very large (the largest?) online TA and still get MoveUp emails from Celebrity - sometimes.  Sometimes I have to go online and find them, but they apparently are allowed for that TA at least.

Edited by phoenix_dream

23 hours ago, seacruiserla said:

Looks like it is 3 weeks in advance.  Thanks for the information.

Just received, "July 30, 2021 Subject: Your MoveUp Request Has Been Sent To The Ship For Onboard Review .... 11:30 am.  What happens now?  Once onboard the ship there is no need to inquire about your upgrade. Guest Relations will notify you of any potential availability. If we are able to confirm your upgrade, payment will be processed on your onboard account. If you wish to cancel the upgrade request, click here."