MoveUp Offer Question

seacruiserla

22 hours ago, sunonfire said:

I have not heard from Celebrity. My cruise is on Sunday. When I log in to their website, the link for the MoveUp is gone. However when I click on the link from my bid confirmation email from Celebrity, it still shows as pending. I guess I will have to wait until Friday to find out if I received the upgrade.

Does the link give you the option to increase or remove your bid?

2 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Yes. When I click on the email it takes me to the pending status page where there is a button to click to modify and another to cancel. I can click on the modify button and it will allow me to make a change. My 48 hours will be up on Friday.

Interesting. I placed two bids for mine and 1 expired and 1 left pending but no option to modify anymore…

Well according to what someone else posted on Cruise Critic then yours is probably going to go through. I would not hold my breath. It was suggested to check your credit card that you used to see if there is a charge from Celebrity. People have said that showed up before the email. I check my credit card website everyday - nothing yet.

10 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Yes. When I click on the email it takes me to the pending status page where there is a button to click to modify and another to cancel. I can click on the modify button and it will allow me to make a change. My 48 hours will be up on Friday.

I would say that you have certainly not won a bid.

7 hours ago, WMF123 said:

Interesting. I placed two bids for mine and 1 expired and 1 left pending but no option to modify anymore…

I would say that you have won your bid.  

Keep us updated and we will see if it hold true.

Edited by jagoffee

5 hours ago, D C said:

Has anyone upgraded onboard instead of going through the move up offer process?  

Seems like it should be possible, given the current low occupancy.

Yes and No   In a CS bid for RS and although minimum we gave it a go knowing we were happy with CS ' The bid was rejected for us and our travel companions who did around the same amount. As soon as we got onboard went to Guest Services and Yes upgrade to RS there were 2 available and it was $200 less than we had bid in Move Up

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I would say that you have certainly not won a bid.

I would say that you have won your bid.  

Keep us updated and we will see if it hold true.

An update: my bid still says pending. However  I can no longer change or cancel. The links are gone. Tomorrow is the final day.

Edited by sunonfire
Add details

I tried to edit but it would not let me. Anyhow, there was a message on my pending bid, it states that the time has passed to cancel or modify. Actually the cutoff for my cruise is tomorrow at 5 pm to cancel or modify. The bid has not been charged to my credit card.

On 11/3/2021 at 8:10 PM, D C said:

Has anyone upgraded onboard instead of going through the move up offer process?  

Seems like it should be possible, given the current low occupancy.

There may be low capacity, but it's heavily weighted towards suites.  Also, it seems Move Up bids are rather popular.  It can happen, though (as described above).

2 minutes ago, Karen Lynn said:

So if in an infinite veranda on Apex… could the upgrade be to next category veranda  or another category all together ? And , perks drop off ..unless to a Royal Suite, am I reading that correctly?

thank you 

You still don't get suite perks in an RS, but an RS comes with more amenities. 

HA! I just received the email notice my minimum bid -- USD$700pp -- was accepted for an upgrade from CC to SS.

I'm very happy. I was worried the IV was going to be a real disappointment.

I had purchased the Premium Drink package upgrade. The Suites page on the X website seems to suggest Premium drinks are included with the suites... can I cancel that package now too and get a few bucks back on my credit card?

5 minutes ago, Cruising Princess said:

Hi…Bruzin,  congrats on your upgrade.  Did you put in more than one bid?  If yes, was one showing Pending and the other Expired?  That’s what my two bids show.  Just wondering which is going to be possibly accepted. 

Yay! Thanks! I am excited. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this a surprise from my wife for the next 4 days. She was....... less than enthused about the IV. The balcony will make her happy.

I only put in the one bid from CC --> SS. And I only bid the absolute minimum.

Still wondering if I can save another $175 by cancelling the Premium drink package... 

1 minute ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

Yay! Thanks! I am excited. Hopefully I'll be able to keep this a surprise from my wife for the next 4 days. She was....... less than enthused about the IV. The balcony will make her happy.

I only put in the one bid from CC --> SS. And I only bid the absolute minimum.

Still wondering if I can save another $175 by cancelling the Premium drink package... 

I don’t know.  I keep seeing different responses. If it were me, I’d cancel the premium upgrade and see what happens when you board. Your seapass card will say PALL if it’s upgraded automatically. Worst case if it’s not PALL you can pay for the upgrade once on the ship.