Pinnacle Recognition Received On Sailing When Hitting 700 Points? or Following Sailing?

We are getting close to Pinnacle (if all our planned cruises happen).  Wondering if we will get recognition on board the cruise when hit 700 points, or the next sailing?  In the past we've seen people recognized on sailings when the hit 700 points.  I'd like to have family and friends cruising with us when it happens.  

Like crystal blocks it's the ship you are on when you cross the threshold.

However all Pinnacle benefits don't kick in until the next cruise... most of the time.  Some LA's will grant P benefits on that cruise.  

I have heard of some who requested recognition be deferred to the next cruise.  A friend earned unexpected points for a hurricane extended cruise and it messed up his pinnacle projection so they pushed the recognition to the next cruise for him.

Edited by twangster

Recognition typically happens on the cruise where you hit 700 points.    They have changed the recognition ceremony since the C&A/Top Tier gatherings aren't currently happening...    they are planning to do the recognition on the Morning Show.

Does anyone have an updated copy of the Bonus Amenities List?  Has it changed since the restart of cruising?  I have a copy from two years ago, but wonder if this too has changed…

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, NKS50 said:

Does anyone have an updated copy of the Bonus Amenities List?  Has it changed since the restart of cruising?  I have a copy from two years ago, but wonder if this too has changed…

Thank you!

It is in the process of being revised, should be released soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It is in the process of being revised, should be released soon

I almost hate to see any revisions. Something tells me the options will only decrease in quality. 

We are pleased with the current lists. 

m

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

I have heard of some who requested recognition be deferred to the next cruise.  A friend earned unexpected points for a hurricane extended cruise and it messed up his pinnacle projection so they pushed the recognition to the next cruise for him.

I'm glad to hear this.  We're trying to coordinate our turning Pinnacle with a friend, and may want to do the same thing.  I assume this is a conversation with the loyalty ambassador?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I'm glad to hear this.  We're trying to coordinate our turning Pinnacle with a friend, and may want to do the same thing.  I assume this is a conversation with the loyalty ambassador?  

Yes, the Loyalty Ambassador is the key contact once on board.  I may try and reach out to the Concierge of either the Diamond or Suite Lounge too, depending on the stateroom we book.

5 minutes ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

On a much smaller level if we become Diamond on the first week of a B2B will we be able to have Diamond status on the second week?

Generally, it is easy to manage this.  On the first cruise, have a chat with the Loyalty Ambassador.  S/he can expedite the switch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeBayAreaCa said:

On a much smaller level if we become Diamond on the first week of a B2B will we be able to have Diamond status on the second week?

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Generally, it is easy to manage this.  On the first cruise, have a chat with the Loyalty Ambassador.  S/he can expedite the switch.

I will encounter this exact situation in November.  I was already planning to check with the Loyalty Ambassador.  Glad to know this can probably be easily arranged.

Edited by Grandma Petania