Passport Processing Update for adults

On 8/14/2021 at 10:24 PM, ADunk said:

Western Caribbean, not too stressed a out it either! Problem is we just booked at trip to Cancun in November 😅

From the Mexican Consulate:

• The Mexican government only requires that your passport must be valid during the entirety of your trip.

2 hours ago, SRF said:

From the Mexican Consulate:

• The Mexican government only requires that your passport must be valid during the entirety of your trip.

American Airlines can enforce their own requirements and they want a valid passport beyond the trip. 

I called yesterday to the passport agency (10 business days from our cruise) and landed an appointment at the Philly office. Didn't need to get it renewed before the cruise but I want to be on the safe side.

4 hours ago, ADunk said:

American Airlines can enforce their own requirements and they want a valid passport beyond the trip. 

I called yesterday to the passport agency (10 business days from our cruise) and landed an appointment at the Philly office. Didn't need to get it renewed before the cruise but I want to be on the safe side.

How far beyond???

Maybe fly another airline. 🙂

Most of them, the agent looks it up and goes with what the computer says.  I found a thread on Trip Advisor that stated several people had flown to Mexico on American without having 6 months left on their passport.  Although I probably would not change it either.

I did have one time the airline gave a hard time about not having 6 months validity, but I pointed out that the Embassy of that country issued me a visa to cover the time of the trip, so they had agreed to let me enter.   

5 hours ago, ADunk said:

Why does AA care as long as the destination country us going to accept you when the plane lands?

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Why does AA care as long as the destination country us going to accept you when the plane lands?

That is what baffles me.

And as I said, I have seen where the airline person did not know the requirements, so looked it up in the computer to see the requirements for my final destination, and then checked my passport to see if I met them (valid duration and/or visa).

The DD just re-did her application for her PP.

She let it expire, this past April.  She went to Cincinnati to complete her paperwork and then mail it in.  (It is what she wanted to do).

I will see how long it takes.

Take care.

On 8/6/2021 at 9:36 PM, h18furball said:

I just mailed my wife's renewal expedited, priority yesterday.  Should arrive Monday.  We'll see.  Sailing Sept 10.  Cutting it real close.

Received at passport office on 08/10/2021.  Still showing as IN PROCESS.  Getting nervous now.

I did not (unfortunately) pay for expedited handling. I have been waiting over 19 weeks and mailed a form stating I had not received the passport. Status has shown "approved" for quite a while. I did get my hole-punched passport back.

Edited by Etta1213

Expedited passport renewal times.

Sent Friday 8/6/2021

Marked In-Process 8/10/2021

Marked Approved 9/4/2021

Arrived today 9/9/2021

We sail tomorrow 9/10/2021.

Cutting it close?  We had a Drivers license and Birth Certificate as plan B.

Dave