Royal Caribbean drink package - to buy or not to buy?

On 8/19/2022 at 4:06 PM, vjmatty said:

Being British and sailing a EU itinerary, don't you have the option to call RC and get it for 40?

Wow! I am sailing on the wonder in October - what number shall I call to take advantage of this awesome offer? What should I detail when I speak to them? 

1 hour ago, kimmy_bos said:

Wow! I am sailing on the wonder in October - what number shall I call to take advantage of this awesome offer? What should I detail when I speak to them? 

If it is an October 2022 sailing, call the UK Royal Caribbean number and see if your booking applies. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PolicromaSol said:

I've been checking the refreshment package daily since booking. I feel like I wouldn't suck down enough mocktails to make it worth the money, but people are claiming they've seen it drop down as cheap as the soda package. 

At least I've got until March...

I've NEVER seen the refreshment package get anywhere close to the cost of the soda package in the last 7 years that I've bought beverage packages (didn't buy them before then so didn't pay attention to the price before then).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vjmatty said:

If it is an October 2022 sailing, call the UK Royal Caribbean number and see if your booking applies. 

Omg! Thank you so much it worked! So super thankful and so quick and easy to do by phone. New invoice through already! 

• Like 2

Just about to book our very first cruise for March 2023, want the book Deluxe drink Package but notice the prices state for 2021-2022 sailings only?  If we book today, will we be able to book at today's prices? (Booking in Australia)

19 minutes ago, Matkai said:

Just about to book our very first cruise for March 2023, want the book Deluxe drink Package but notice the prices state for 2021-2022 sailings only?  If we book today, will we be able to book at today's prices? (Booking in Australia)

Yes you should.  Also keep in mind that "if" the prices go down, you can cancel the original package and rebook at the cheaper price.  Lastly, remember that an 18% gratuity will be included with your purchase price.

On 8/17/2022 at 11:03 AM, vjmatty said:

Cruise Planner just listed DBP at $90 per day on a port-intensive Enchantment sailing in the Eastern Med October 2023....it's almost like they are trying to scare people away from buying it.

seems like it!

On 8/19/2022 at 7:58 AM, gizbug said:

I've called RCCL many times and said wife doesn't drink, she wants refreshment package, I want the Deluxe Beverage, and they have no problem just giving it to me.

but what if one of us only drinks water? They want $30 day for a beverage package for that person and $75 now for a person who drinks alcohol.

3 hours ago, AZDivers said:

but what if one of us only drinks water? They want $30 day for a beverage package for that person and $75 now for a person who drinks alcohol.

Then the least expensive option is probably to have the alcohol drinker pay out of pocket. Unless that person is going to drink $105 worth of drinks a day, it's cheaper to pay as you go. 

I called Royal to get exception to only purchase alcoholic beverage package for one but had to purchase refreshment package for second person (me) in stateroom.  I’m wondering what the charge is to add alcohol to a mocktail for an after dinner treat.  Anyone done this on occasion?

4 hours ago, welovetahiti said:

I called Royal to get exception to only purchase alcoholic beverage package for one but had to purchase refreshment package for second person (me) in stateroom.  I’m wondering what the charge is to add alcohol to a mocktail for an after dinner treat.  Anyone done this on occasion?

I think a shot of booze is around $8, but I won't swear to it. 

17 hours ago, AZDivers said:

Many will vehemently disagree with what I am about to say. The vast majority of people would still be overpaying in this scenario. 

23 hours ago, AZDivers said:

Buy the bottle water package for $17 or take a refillable plastic/metal bottle with you and refill it at the refilling stations.  

• Like 1