Royal Caribbean drink package - to buy or not to buy?

Apologies for posting but tried searching and couldn't find this specific question answered: does the Refreshment Package include protein shakes/smoothies on the Oasis class ships that have the Vitality Cafe?  The Royal website doesn't specifically list them.  I know they're included in the DBP but not clear to me for the Refreshment Package.  That would be our quick pre- or post-workout breakfast.   

TIA!

19 minutes ago, Brucemcdou said:

Apologies for posting but tried searching and couldn't find this specific question answered: does the Refreshment Package include protein shakes/smoothies on the Oasis class ships that have the Vitality Cafe?  The Royal website doesn't specifically list them.  I know they're included in the DBP but not clear to me for the Refreshment Package.  That would be our quick pre- or post-workout breakfast.   

TIA!

Refreshment includes everything that the booze package does, except for the actual booze.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brucemcdou said:

TIA!

They did not used to be included but are now.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AggieViper said:

Does that include alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks? Do you get cokes in the alcohol package?

The 5 drink break even point is when one gets the main/most expensive drink in the package. Yes.

Edited by Biker19

We’ve bought the drinks package for Anthem this year.  I’m on my jollies and for us the main reason is convenience.  I like the idea of trying new drinks and if I don’t like them I’ll get something else.  That along with the premium coffees juices etc, the package is a good option for us, especially when it’s on sale and it includes gratuity also.   

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, *Fudge* said:

We’ve bought the drinks package for Anthem this year.  I’m on my jollies and for us the main reason is convenience.  I like the idea of trying new drinks and if I don’t like them I’ll get something else.  That along with the premium coffees juices etc, the package is a good option for us, especially when it’s on sale and it includes gratuity also.   

Exactly.  People focus too much on how many alcoholic drinks are needed.  If you get bottled waters, premium coffees, fresh juice and unlimited soda the number of alcoholic drinks is not very high.  Three $13.00 drinks is over $45.00 with the gratuity added in.  If the total cost of your package is between 70 and 75 dollars including gratuity you only need to drink 25 to 30 dollars of other beverages a day to break even.  That sounds like  a lot, but with the prices on board it’s not.  3 or 4 bottled waters, a few soda’s or even filling up your souvenir cup, a juice and Irish Coffee each day and your even.

• Like 4

HI all,

I thought if one of us in the cabin wanted a drink package, we all had to buy it.

But this week I was planning our September cruise and after adding my drinks package it apparently allowed  me to check out with only mine.

Is this possible?

If so it would be great for us, because I do "need" a package but my wife only drinks water/soda and my daughter is a Water-only drinker...

Any help?

39 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I, like the OP, would like to know what the cost of a non-alcoholic frozen daiquiri is. I'm bringing my water bottle and don't drink soda, coffee, juices... just going to have a few frozen virgin drinks a day.

This is a screenshot from the new RCL fleetwide drink menu. While this pic doesn't specifically list a Daiquiri, it'll give you a general idea of the prices for virgin cocktails.

noBooze.jpg

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Bracarense said:

But this week I was planning our September cruise and after adding my drinks package it apparently allowed  me to check out with only mine.

Is this possible?

Obviously RCI tweaked the online system to allow that - it may or may not be a glitch. Buying The Key is supposed to be the same but from the very beginning, the planner allowed only one person in the cabin to buy it. 

To steal and combine some comments.... yes the alcohol weighs on me over a week.  Tummy doesn't always like it.

Count in bottles of water, latte drinks, fresh squeezed juices.  There are ways to get your value without lots of alcohol.

But, with the package, I don't feel the need to wonder or worry about how much I've spent on drinks.  It is very relaxing to not worry.

Gotta weigh those, decide what you think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bracarense said:

HI all,

I thought if one of us in the cabin wanted a drink package, we all had to buy it.

Is this possible?

If so it would be great for us, because I do "need" a package but my wife only drinks water/soda and my daughter is a Water-only drinker...

Any help?

If you want it and can do it, go for it.  I just tried my cruise and it’s forcing both in the room to purchase. 

Are talking about the deluxe package or the refreshments package?  The delixe is the one that requires all to purchase. 

1 hour ago, karinad said:

In the beverage packages it says premium coffee and tea. Does this mean espressos, lattes, macchiato, cappuccino, etc.? I know that there's a coffee card for premium coffees.

Yes, those are covered if purchased from a dining room, Promenade Cafe, etc.  The only time they're not covered is when purchased at a Starbucks-company kiosk.  

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 6:46 PM, smwg said:

If you are not sailing before December, you might find a deal on Black Friday.  I did that a couple of years ago and got a great deal on the refreshment package.  Sad thing was I never got to use it because our cruise was cancelled due to Covid. 😞  

FB_IMG_1606341499734.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 7/26/2021 at 7:17 PM, letscutitout said:

Does anyone know the price of ONE non-alcoholic frozen drink on Allure of the Seas?

I'm trying to figure out if the refreshment package is worth the cost for me?

Thank you for your help!

Royal's drink package is usually fairly reasonable, especially compared to the all inclusive bump in costs with Celebrity or NCL.

However, we have done two Royal cruises with Diamond benefits (from Elite on Celebrity) and never paid for a drink.  The Diamond happy hour was from 5-8:30 and we managed very well with that.  We drink mainly wine (no umbrella drinks) and are happy with Diamond benefits.  

Now that Diamond benefits are now including in our card, we get four drinks, which is about what we consumed on both cruises.  We would probably decline to buy a drink package.

• 11 months later...

Unless it's one of the big motivations for your journey, I really, REALLY don't see how things add up. We bring a case of water and a bottle of wine with us onto the ship.

Our typical day goes something like this:  We don't drink in the morning with breakfast.  We'll have coffee but no lattes.  We'll have water but not bottled.  So far ZERO $.

We hop off the ship and hit the port.  We might have a beer and wine with lunch.  We might even find a nice bar to people watch.  After a day on land, we hop back on the ship and head back to the room for a little down, or get down time.  So far ZERO $.

We get ready for dinner and hit a bar before dinner.  2 martinis at $12 a piece.  We are seated, have 2 glasses of wine at $15 a piece.  We have 2 black coffees with dessert.  Head out and probably have 2 more drinks a piece, 2 wines and 2 beers totaling $48.  A day's total on ship is Martinis $24, Wine with dinner $30, Evening wines and Beers $48.  Totals $102 = 18% gratuity for a total of $120.36. 

The current drink package is $146.  My water and wine that I bring on the ship certainly don't last all cruise long but it definitely offsets a portion of the cruise.  Furthermore, we might not even drink like that every day.  A difference of $25 a day x 7 is $175 less for us.  The cruise line knows how to make a boat load of money and I think the drink package is one of those ways.  Now, if you're not hopping off the boat at the ports and throwing them back all day long, I guess the drink package is the way to go, but you might also need to hop on the wagon once you hop off the boat.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Only other thing I would add to this is it also depends on your ports. I am on an October cruise that will stop in both Labadee and Coco. And the drink package transfers to both of those ports. So you wont be spending an extra dime in those ports at all.