Anyone Sailing On The Meraviglia Today?

KennyFla

1 hour ago, slickpat said:

We are. The wife will be taking photos and posting updates on fb and Instagram, she's not on cc but I'll try to answer any questions. 

I'm interesting to know how they handle the masks. Obviously you wear them getting on to the ship, but once there, how often/when/where are they *required*?

I know what MSC says on its website, but as you know, what they say and what they do are two different things 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

2 hours ago, slickpat said:

We are. The wife will be taking photos and posting updates on fb and Instagram, she's not on cc but I'll try to answer any questions. 

1. What night is formal night?

2. What side of the ship faces Ocean Cay?

3. Menus would be great.

4. Demographics of the passengers.

5. How many languages during announcements?

39 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

Which terminal / parking garage? RCCL Gate J?

Terminal c. We took an uber but heard from folks parking was at another terminal so im not sure which one. For some reason cruise critic fails when i try to upload. My wife's uploading pictures, dailies, menus on her Instagram cruiseawayatsea.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, slickpat said:

If it is not trouble for you to do so, posting photos, menus, and such on CC would be appreciated by us who are not on FB or Instagram.  

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise!  

16 hours ago, slickpat said:

Hey sounds amazing. Do you mind sharing your wife’s instagram. Would love to see as thinking of last minute cruise next week on MSC

20 minutes ago, slickpat said:

Sure it's cruiseawayatsea. 

Thank you. Looked at the instagram and the pictures are amazing. 

We are looking at the YC too. We’ve been twice in the YC Meraviglia. 

One question for you if you have time. How full do you think the YC is? 

August 13th when we are looking for only shows 11 YC rooms sold on the deck map. 

32 minutes ago, Db85 said:

August 13th when we are looking for only shows 11 YC rooms sold on the deck map. 

I second the pictures. I'm going on the 20th and can't wait.

Can you please describe the mask situation in Top Sail? Are people sitting in there constantly masked, or is that considered a "drinking" place and it is more casual?

Also, how is the social distancing in the YC?

Thanks again for posting all of this...

11 hours ago, Db85 said:

I can't imagine yc is over 50%. They've blocked off half the tables in the dining room for social distancing. On deck 18 our block of rooms, there's only us and one other cabin with people in them. I'll ask butler later if he knows the actual percentage. 

10 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I second the pictures. I'm going on the 20th and can't wait.

Can you please describe the mask situation in Top Sail? Are people sitting in there constantly masked, or is that considered a "drinking" place and it is more casual?

Also, how is the social distancing in the YC?

Thanks again for posting all of this...

The bar is blocked off so you can't sit there but if you're sitting in top sail with a drink you can remain mask less.  If you get up to walk around they will remind you to put on your mask. Social distancing is good. In top sail and dining room every other table is blocked off.  They are enforcing a limit of 4 in the yc pool.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, slickpat said:

The bar is blocked off so you can't sit there but if you're sitting in top sail with a drink you can remain mask less.  If you get up to walk around they will remind you to put on your mask. Social distancing is good. In top sail and dining room every other table is blocked off.  They are enforcing a limit of 4 in the yc pool.

Thanks...this is all good info!

Sailing on a B2B now, doing the 4 day then 3. Mainly looking forward to getting to Ocean Cay. We were schedule for the Meraviglia last year but got canceled one week out right around spring break when they stopped cruising. Sailed on the Divina and Seaside multiple times,  and many other Cruise Lines. Not very impressed with the Meraviglia yet. Maybe I started off with a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth from all the pre-cruise drama and getting on board but the ship does not seem as nice or well put together as some of the other ones. The kids splash park and slide area is completely dysfunctional. It's way on the top aft portion of the ship. Nowhere up there has seats setup and the entire area is covered with debris falling from the stacks of the ship. Bar service has also been lackluster in the main areas of the pool. The bar staff is running their butts off. I think it's the managers don't have enough Staffing or don't have the bars set up properly. The Pool opened at 11 and at 12 the bar at the pool was still bringing out supplies. That is something that should be done well before the pool area opens. I'm sure it will take them a little while to get back in the groove but when the ship is sailing with only half capacity you would think everything would be top notch. We are steerage class also, IE. No Yacht Club.

Just my opinion.

Edited by FIREFIGHTERCRUISER
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, slickpat said:

The bar is blocked off so you can't sit there

No loss.  When I sailed on Meraviglia, as a "usual" bar patron, there were too many evenings when it was the Bartender and me.  Few guests sat at the bar.  The seats were uncomfortable; no place to put one's feet; left the ship with the toes of my dress shoes having scratch marks because of that problem.  

20 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

If it is not trouble for you to do so, posting photos, menus, and such on CC would be appreciated by us who are not on FB or Instagram.  

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise!  

Thank you for the heads up, I will be virtually on the cruise with you!!