Couple Of Upgrade Questions

KennyFla

2 minutes ago, nkociub said:

Does MSC send the bid email more than once before sailing? We just booked a few days ago, so missed this chance... 

I have gotten the email more than once as sailing date got closer in the past. But my current email is for a cruise 80+ days away.

Steve

Odd situation - DH and I currently are in two adjoining Balcony cabins on the Divina in September.  (There is no single supplement so we have 2x the space at the same price as one cabin).  I got the Upgrade offer and I'm willing to big on the Yacht Club Balcony since we were going to buy the PremiumPlus Bev package anyway.  SOOOOOOO, what happens then?  Can we cancel his room and add him to my YC?  (complicated, I know)

20 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I have gotten the email more than once as sailing date got closer in the past. But my current email is for a cruise 80+ days away.

Steve

Ours was 90 days, 30 days and then 14 days before cruise.

51 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Odd situation - DH and I currently are in two adjoining Balcony cabins on the Divina in September.  (There is no single supplement so we have 2x the space at the same price as one cabin).  I got the Upgrade offer and I'm willing to big on the Yacht Club Balcony since we were going to buy the PremiumPlus Bev package anyway.  SOOOOOOO, what happens then?  Can we cancel his room and add him to my YC?  (complicated, I know)

I would say no because if you cancel him, he will be in full penalty as you probably won't know until 48 hours before. Also he might need to pay current YC rate for himself. Your bid is just for you. 

Steve

Got my Upgrade Email today. We have a Yacht Club Interior,  I bid $900 (total) for a Yacht Club Balcony upgrade. Odds say Fair. If accepted it will be $1500 less than a normal booking. There are about 35 available balconies in YC for our sailing. Good deal. We will see. 

• Like 1

Sailing on Davina in October by myself No single supplement. Booked balcony Fantastica. Got a upgrade email Yacht Club Balcony upgrade says $430 minimum per person. Since I am on a no single supplement would I have to pay say $450 x 2 so $900 for a upgrade? That's about what it costs to buy it outright. Or would I have to only pay 1 $450 ? Thanks for clarification....

58 minutes ago, cyndyga said:

. Since I am on a no single supplement would I have to pay say $450 x 2 so $900 for a upgrade? That's about what it costs to buy it outright. Or would I have to only pay 1 $450 ?

I don't have the link right now but if you go to the FAQ area on the PlusGrade/MSC site you will see that a bid from solos in cabins will be charged times two, just like couples and groups of three or more.  Everybody pays bid amount times two.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Até said:

I don't have the link right now but if you go to the FAQ area on the PlusGrade/MSC site you will see that a bid from solos in cabins will be charged times two, just like couples and groups of three or more.  Everybody pays bid amount times two.

IIRC that is how it was on NCL too.

So we got our first upgrade offer ever.  $475 pp to move up.  That is what it was roughly at time of booking.  Now it falls under 5 + 15% and would be cheaper that way.  Max over $1000 pp.

Bidders beware.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Just hope he doesn't out bid you.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

So we got our first upgrade offer ever.  $475 pp to move up.  That is what it was roughly at time of booking.  Now it falls under 5 + 15% and would be cheaper that way.  Max over $1000 pp.

Bidders beware.

In Yacht club  there is no way we even come close to asking price for a Deluxe balcony versus inside YC.

Even if we bid max, we are still way under price for Deluxe. But what I see is there are 15 YC insidesfully booked , 40+ empty deluxe YC cabins. So if we all bid the minimum we should all get a deluxe?😁

Steve

20 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

In Yacht club  there is no way we even come close to asking price for a Deluxe balcony versus inside YC.

Just remember that asking price is fictional, it might as well be their Brochure rate.  I feel sorry for anyone who actually paid that for their cabin, luckily it looks like MSC is having a hard time getting those prices.  I'm sure you know what the cabins have historically sold for, just hope other bidders aren't misled by MSC's current inflated valuation.  Unfortunately oblivious bidders is what this bidding format relies on to maximize their profits.