Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

3 hours ago, oceanbreeze50 said:

Just notified I will be on Oasis of the Seas!  So excited!  I have already booked my airfare and now need hotel and transportation to the port.  Any suggestions will be appreciated as I am not familiar with that area.

I've only cruised out of Bayonne once before but we ended up staying at the Embassy Suites next to Newark airport. I just booked that again. It was clean and safe. It's a pretty quick Uber to the port and there are restaurants and an outlet center nearby. I did a ton of research last time and I just revisited  the East Coast departures board and many said to stay in that area. There are a few hotels in that location

53 minutes ago, Baowen said:

I've only cruised out of Bayonne once before but we ended up staying at the Embassy Suites next to Newark airport. I just booked that again. It was clean and safe. It's a pretty quick Uber to the port and there are restaurants and an outlet center nearby. I did a ton of research last time and I just revisited  the East Coast departures board and many said to stay in that area. There are a few hotels in that location

Beth,

Thank you so much for this information!  The Embassy Suites is one of the hotels that I was looking at and had contacted them earlier tonight.  The website shows cruise shuttle but they said at this moment they do not have a cruise shuttle but are working on getting one.  However, it would not be available since this cruise is so soon.   Since you have stayed there before it makes me feel better about this hotel.  I will book here also and take Uber to the port.  Looking forward to seeing you onboard!

1 minute ago, oceanbreeze50 said:

Beth,

Thank you so much for this information!  The Embassy Suites is one of the hotels that I was looking at and had contacted them earlier tonight.  The website shows cruise shuttle but they said at this moment they do not have a cruise shuttle but are working on getting one.  However, it would not be available since this cruise is so soon.   Since you have stayed there before it makes me feel better about this hotel.  I will book here also and take Uber to the port.  Looking forward to seeing you onboard!

I look forward to seeing you onboard also. This is exciting stuff! 🙂

Beth

2 hours ago, Baowen said:

Is it already showing up on the Royal App for you?

Beth

Anyone can get to it from the Royal App. Start on the page listing your bookings. Scroll to the bottom. Select "Get more details on ships we support." Select "Oasis of the Seas." Select "Aug 22 - Aug 28, 2021". Enjoy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Please share with the rest of us how you obtained the itinerary you posted.

Most ships' itineraries (including test ones) from about final payment to sailing date are usually listed in the app.

Edited by Biker19

I'm very rarely jealous in life, but well, let's just say envious. It's all very exciting and I will be thrilled to see my home port of Bayonne open again. For first-timers, sailing under the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge is a thrill, make sure you're up top. Hopefully the Captain will be able to do the cruise up river first so you can see lower Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty before heading out to sea.

3 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Ok, got an email, all signed up.  Excited now.  Also we are booked for September 5th, so don’t know what we will do about that one.  Let’s plan a meet up.  We can meet in the “ winner’s circle “ LOL

Marietta

We are also booked for November 7th....lol!  You are much closer than us though.  Hey, it's booked, so go!!!!!

On 8/7/2021 at 10:08 PM, GTO-Girl said:

WHOO!!!  WHOO!!!  

We got our email to sail on the Mariner this Wednesday!!!

We are so excited!!!!

We did too!! Had to run and look for a place to do the test last night. we came back(( Negative)). 

• Like 1

Anyone going play Texas hold'em??? Let's get a game started and we can get them to lower the rake.  I will see if they will let me put sign on poker table to put what time game will start. Usually it's 8 or 9pm and also show up to music trivia...I need some competition.  I'm driving from kc, I'm planning on staying at embassy suites that few others have recommended. If your going to Uber from there...dont...I will have 2 spots in my suv, if you want a ride to the port.  If interested...call me...816-729-8044 

Ben

I wish we got cruise points...I'm 6 days away from diamond status. Luckily...my birthday cruise in December I get 28 points. Crown loft suite with elevator in room. Double points for room then double points for booking early during covid.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dswallow said:

Anyone can get to it from the Royal App. Start on the page listing your bookings. Scroll to the bottom. Select "Get more details on ships we support." Select "Oasis of the Seas." Select "Aug 22 - Aug 28, 2021". Enjoy.

This is all I get on Liberty. No mention of Sept 18.

What am I doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.9f657ab1ba9e7d0610127aa427af05d5.png

12 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

This is all I get on Liberty. No mention of Sept 18.

What am I doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.9f657ab1ba9e7d0610127aa427af05d5.png

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, just that the Liberty simulation cruise isn't on the app yet. I'd imagine once they send out invites for that cruise it will appear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, just that the Liberty simulation cruise isn't on the app yet. I'd imagine once they send out invites for that cruise it will appear.

Ahh, thanks!!!

Won't be staying at embassy suites...they want $300 for Saturday and that's with my medic discount. Hampton Inn way cheaper...got 2 nights for $324 total after discount.  Say hi when you see me...I will be with my cane or scooter.

• 2 weeks later...

Just this minute stumble across something interesting. The Librrty cruise has thus far been described as departing on September 18.

The following that I just captured off of the app appears to show a departure on the 17th.

Unsurprisingly, I’ve still not received our official invitation to follow up on notification of being selected to participate. 

Any ideas?

C7391012-4AFC-4062-89B2-B3F3191A2DBE.thumb.jpeg.3000644b7708e5301a635c1c2a26a92e.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Just this minute stumble across something interesting. The Librrty cruise has thus far been described as departing on September 18.

The following that I just captured off of the app appears to show a departure on the 17th.

Unsurprisingly, I’ve still not received our official invitation to follow up on notification of being selected to participate. 

Any ideas?

C7391012-4AFC-4062-89B2-B3F3191A2DBE.thumb.jpeg.3000644b7708e5301a635c1c2a26a92e.jpeg

Thanks for sharing.  I'm now seeing the same thing (and I'm in the same situation- selected but no invitation yet).  Also of interest, there are a number of nonrevenue sailings showing prior to this.  Aug. 22 & 29, and Sept. 5 are from Ft. Lauderdale & 7 nights, whereas Sept. 12 is from Galveston & 5 nights.  The Sept. 17 sailing shows as above, 4 night Simulation.