Semi Live Adventure of the Seas August 7th.

On 8/9/2021 at 11:33 AM, kearney said:

I am sure you are correct... but when first promoted... everyone over 18 was to be vaccinated...within a few weeks the modified that to 12...once it was approved for that age group. Then they said no masking even as they announced masking on Florida and other cruises for non vaccinated/vaccinated. I do feel there was a bit of deception via omission. Can't and wouldn't sue over that..but it helps take the sting out of having canceled my cruise (before your earlier post).... What ticks me off is that I wonder how many would have gone through the hassle of flying to Nassau if they knew that they could have had the same protocols by just driving to Florida...oh and not risk flight delays or sitting next to possible covid positive passengers... perhaps airlines should have testing requirements as well... just a thought.

I would absolutely love it if the airlines had a testing requirement. It's actually one of the many reasons we chose Bahamas, because everyone on the flight will have tested negative.

I am tired, however, of the rapidity of the changes. I feel like I have to check every day to make sure the protocols are the same. I appreciate that the situation remains fluid, but some of the protocols have been announced after people have left home for their cruise. We sail in a month, who knows what will be expected then!

3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I'm sure the crew is just as confused as we are!

If they are, that is a failure of management.  It's one thing when the cruise line is subject to external requirements (eg. CDC) and can't get their story straight.  But this is entirely within their control.

Not blaming the crew, but the company really needs to get it together and make sure communication is clear to both guests and especially staff.

One perk we have discovered on Coco Cay us that the trams are basically sitting and waiting for you because there are so few people!

Although the concierge told us ast week that there would be "just under 1200" on the ship, the cruise director said last night that there were just over 1000 (maybe 1060? I can't remember exactly). But it sounded like we lost about 100 people from testing day to boarding. And only about 50 people stayed on the ship the first Coco Cay day.

• Haha 1

We really enjoyed our two days at Coco Cay.   It took a lot of video but won't even try to upload until I get home.  We ate so much while at the beach club it was crazy..  Today is a lazy day at sea, we have Izumi Sushi & Sake lunch.  And my daughter want to go drool over the Port Shopping Guide, our covid test is later this afternoon and of course tonight is lobster night so my lazy morning is coming to an end.

Post more later. TTFN!

15 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

We really enjoyed our two days at Coco Cay.   It took a lot of video but won't even try to upload until I get home.  We ate so much while at the beach club it was crazy..  Today is a lazy day at sea, we have Izumi Sushi & Sake lunch.  And my daughter want to go drool over the Port Shopping Guide, our covid test is later this afternoon and of course tonight is lobster night so my lazy morning is coming to an end.

Post more later. TTFN!

Please report back on the Sushi & Sake lunch, just purchased it for our 8/21 cruise it looked very interesting.