Semi Live Adventure of the Seas August 7th.

17 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

We went from a ultra spacious balcony to a 2 bedroom grand suite, with a poor bid...  I really  didn't consider the others yeah they would have been a bigger room but the two bathroom was my desire my daughter is a bathroom hog so I has been really nice not having to bang on the door to get in the bathroom.   Our grand suite is two decks below or original cabin.  Love the huge balcony and could see our original balcony from ours.  I think any of the suites would have given us a great location. 

Thank you for the information. I’m happy things worked out for you!😊

Today we are in Grand Bahamas and the other three went on the beach getaway excursion,  I got off long enough to go to del sol, I forgot my sunglasses so needed a new pair(yep that's my story and I am sticking to it... )  Enjoying the Solarium until my massage at 2:30.

I totally missed taking pic of the food last night guess I was just too tired. I will try tonight.  It formal night as well with four girls you can imagine we are going all out. 

My Newby brought a patch for seasickness since she had just completed chemo in May and didn't need it last night.

@BecciBoowe will toast September 12 tonight at dinner!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

Today we are in Grand Bahamas and the other three went on the beach getaway excursion,  I got off long enough to go to del sol, I forgot my sunglasses so needed a new pair(yep that's my story and I am sticking to it... )  Enjoying the Solarium until my massage at 2:30.

I totally missed taking pic of the food last night guess I was just too tired. I will try tonight.  It formal night as well with four girls you can imagine we are going all out. 

My Newby brought a patch for seasickness since she had just completed chemo in May and didn't need it last night.

@BecciBoowe will toast September 12 tonight at dinner!

Del Sol sunglasses are great.  My 3 year old ones were getting loose at the hinge so I ordered new ones (free with $12.95 shipping).  Old ones are still going strong 2 years later so I have the second pair I have never worn.  Normally around $50 but often can be bought on sale.

Just an FYI we are wearing the purple wristbands  but not like the Florida ones these are more the hospital type.  So I can't take it off to shower and it it get caught in my hair.  So I found a way to disguise it under my watch band.

20210808_113927.thumb.jpg.7dca57a81798306395774582886d2b6f.jpg

This is so silly (the wristbands, not your post).  I can maybe see it for younger teenagers, where there might be some question of age, but it's not likely many adults are going to be mistaken as eleven or younger.

Unless the wristbands have some other purpose I'm missing?

Either way, thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, mauraoel said:

Just an FYI we are wearing the purple wristbands  but not like the Florida ones these are more the hospital type.  So I can't take it off to shower and it it get caught in my hair.  So I found a way to disguise it under my watch band.

20210808_113927.thumb.jpg.7dca57a81798306395774582886d2b6f.jpg

Very stylish, wonder if you will get to keep them as a souvenir of these very unique cruise experiences. Something we will all be talking about for many cruises to come. 

I can see the Cruise Critic Board Post about 10 years from now "Remember the Covid cruises" .  

29 minutes ago, kearney said:

Do you see any adults without the purple band? Curious about wearing bands on what I assumed was a fully vaccinated ship except for the <12

Yes I will admit I did bring up the topic to guest services,  I guess over 12 fully vaccinated is not happening on Adventure any longer.

Yes I will admit I did bring up the topic to guest services,  I guess over 12 fully vaccinated is not happening on Adventure any longer.

Really, well isn't that special....

This is what they said at guest services?

1 hour ago, kearney said:

Really, well isn't that special....

I was in Adventure last week, 7/31 sailing,  and if all adults were not vaccinated and everyone has to wear masks, I would seriously consider not going even though being on the ship with 900 passengers was like a private cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eswort said:

This is what they said at guest services?

I'm not sure what was said at guest services, but I'm pretty sure this can't be accurate.  I was told just a few days ago that my mixed Pfizer / Moderna doses were not acceptable and I would be denied boarding at the port because they were administered at a 44 day interval and the policy is 42.  This came directly from the executive office, and the individual I spoke to said she was told specifically to contact me to clarify this.

I know policies change fast, but I don't see how we could get from "denied boarding because your second vaccine was two days too late" to "unvaccinated is okay" in four days.

Also the website still says clearly that vaccines are required for 12+.

So I'd say either the person at guest services was mistaken, or there was some other miscommunication.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mabt said:

I'm not sure what was said at guest services, but I'm pretty sure this can't be accurate.  I was told just a few days ago that my mixed Pfizer / Moderna doses were not acceptable and I would be denied boarding at the port because they were administered at a 44 day interval and the policy is 42.  This came directly from the executive office, and the individual I spoke to said she was told specifically to contact me to clarify this.

I know policies change fast, but I don't see how we could get from "denied boarding because your second vaccine was two days too late" to "unvaccinated is okay" in four days.

Also the website still says clearly that vaccines are required for 12+.

So I'd say either the person at guest services was mistaken, or there was some other miscommunication.

This might be why they require masking on these August sailings of AOS, but not the way it was sold

I would definitely not be happy to have to trade an unmasked cruise for one that has unvaccinated adults, I have to now mask, and wear that awful wristband (the silicon rubbery ones are fine, they can come off when showering, sleeping, etc.).  I hope guest services gave you incorrect info.  And if they didn’t, I wont be canceling but I will be complaining.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

I would definitely not be happy to have to trade an unmasked cruise for one that has unvaccinated adults, I have to now mask, and wear that awful wristband (the silicon rubbery ones are fine, they can come off when showering, sleeping, etc.).  I hope guest services gave you incorrect info.  And if they didn’t, I wont be canceling but I will be complaining.

imagine the brutal tan line wearing that plastic wristband 24/7 for a week lol yikes

26 minutes ago, kearney said:

This might be why they require masking on these August sailings of AOS, but not the way it was sold

Sorry, don't think I understood your comment?

I don't know why they're making people wear wristbands.  I mentioned upthread that I think it is silly.  Maybe just because that's what they are doing on other ships, where there actually are unvaccinated adults?  But this suggestion that "over 12 fully vaccinated is not happening on Adventure any longer" has to be a misunderstanding.  There is no evidence to support it, aside from this one stray comment (prefixed with "I guess"), and both the RCCL website and my direct communication with the executive office say otherwise.

Also don't really know what triggered the policy change requiring masks, but my personal guess is that flying people home on private jets is expensive, and RCCL would rather not have to do more of that.  If they think that interaction between unvaccinated minors and vaccinated adults contributed to transmission on the July 24 cruise, that would probably be enough for them to decide masks are needed.  (Not saying I agree with that decision, but they didn't ask for my opinion.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mabt said:

Sorry, don't think I understood your comment?

I don't know why they're making people wear wristbands.  I mentioned upthread that I think it is silly.  Maybe just because that's what they are doing on other ships, where there actually are unvaccinated adults?  But this suggestion that "over 12 fully vaccinated is not happening on Adventure any longer" has to be a misunderstanding.  There is no evidence to support it, aside from this one stray comment (prefixed with "I guess"), and both the RCCL website and my direct communication with the executive office say otherwise.

Also don't really know what triggered the policy change requiring masks, but my personal guess is that flying people home on private jets is expensive, and RCCL would rather not have to do more of that.  If they think that interaction between unvaccinated minors and vaccinated adults contributed to transmission on the July 24 cruise, that would probably be enough for them to decide masks are needed.  (Not saying I agree with that decision, but they didn't ask for my opinion.)

You don't need to believe me if you don't want to.  But guest services specifically said that they were being warn due to medically fragile people who couldn't be vaccinated were on board.  Did they lie?  I don't know I am just giving you the information I have. These Damm wristbands are a pain in the butt and I am not happy about wearing it, as I am sure many on this board can attest to from previous threads.

I literally watch a woman walk up to the lifeguards and complain about someone not having a wristband on in the Solarium.  They didn't realize they had to wear them once they were through check in.

I was hoping it was some sort of a cruel joke because we hadn't had any reports from prior cruisers but it wasn't.   It's not going to ruin my cruise but it definitely isn't what any of us who booked adventure signed up for.  

I was okay with the last minute mask requirements but if this ship is 100% vaxxed over the age of 12 whats the point of the wristband?  I have to go by what I am being told.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

You don't need to believe me if you don't want to.  But guest services specifically said that they were being warn due to medically fragile people who couldn't be vaccinated were on board.  Did they lie?  I don't know I am just giving you the information I have. These Damm wristbands are a pain in the butt and I am not happy about wearing it, as I am sure many on this board can attest to from previous threads.

I’m assuming there was some kind of specific group that complained enough on this particular cruise to be granted boarding, causing the wristbands. 
they also could just be following the exact same protocols as other ships due to the new mask mandate, and just have not received the plastic bands yet. 
EDIT: and they must have went through this process. 
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/who-should-i-contact-if-a-vaccine-is-contraindicated

Edited by Tyro1
  • Like 1