Semi Live Adventure of the Seas August 7th.

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It seems to me that they are now just using the same protocols on Adventure as used on Florida sailings. It doesn't seem worth going through the extra effort to book a cruise out of Nassau any longer.

Exactly, 

I wear a mask at work.  I walk in the door with it on, takes less then 1 minute to my desk, and off it comes.  I get up to use a rest room or take a break outside.  Each "walk" is less than a minute.  On an average day, I have it on for 15 minutes.  

My story is to point out that on the ship, almost the entire ship, is for vaccinated guests only. Kind of like my desk.  When you move from space to space, walking you put a mask on.  It might be longer than 15 minutes if you are shopping or something like that.  I don't want to do it.  I think is unnecessary on a vaccinated ship.  But it's not the end of the world.  It is just annoying.

This will not be my first vacation with masking rules.  I'm sure it won't be the last one.  But I will not waste my life being concerned

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kearney said:

This might be why they require masking on these August sailings of AOS, but not the way it was sold

Fairly certain that if it was sold that way and anyone got severely ill then they would have one hell of a lawsuit against RCL. Easy to prove. 

2 hours ago, jasongoldberg said:

Fairly certain that if it was sold that way and anyone got severely ill then they would have one hell of a lawsuit against RCL. Easy to prove. 

I am sure the cruise contract will cover them, but your right when these cruise were first announced no one knew what the protocols would be.

Wearing a mask as you move about the ship isn't prohibitive but it is quite annoying to search for a lost mask for 15 minutes before leaving a mask free zone (i.e. pool deck). 

Celebrated seconds after leaving the ship this morning no masks for 8 hours.

16 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I am sure the cruise contract will cover them, but your right when these cruise were first announced no one knew what the protocols would be.

Wearing a mask as you move about the ship isn't prohibitive but it is quite annoying to search for a lost mask for 15 minutes before leaving a mask free zone (i.e. pool deck). 

Celebrated seconds after leaving the ship this morning no masks for 8 hours.

I am sure you are correct... but when first promoted... everyone over 18 was to be vaccinated...within a few weeks the modified that to 12...once it was approved for that age group. Then they said no masking even as they announced masking on Florida and other cruises for non vaccinated/vaccinated. I do feel there was a bit of deception via omission. Can't and wouldn't sue over that..but it helps take the sting out of having canceled my cruise (before your earlier post).... What ticks me off is that I wonder how many would have gone through the hassle of flying to Nassau if they knew that they could have had the same protocols by just driving to Florida...oh and not risk flight delays or sitting next to possible covid positive passengers... perhaps airlines should have testing requirements as well... just a thought.

On 8/7/2021 at 10:50 PM, Merion_Mom said:

It depends what category you are bidding on, and which ship.  On most ships (all ships?), if you are bidding on a GS or higher, there are no bad cabins.  (IMO)

How long before your cruise did you find out about the upgrade?  We sail out on Saturday and are waiting to find out about our bid.

5 minutes ago, jallen109 said:

How long before your cruise did you find out about the upgrade?  We sail out on Saturday and are waiting to find out about our bid.

We got our upgrade on Wednesday and sailed on Saturday but from what I have seen on this board there is no hard and fast rule on when the upgrade will or won't happen. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

View from my  current location.  I don't have the ability to upload photos from my camera until I have my laptop available so will do those later but here's a few my tablet... 20210809_105002.thumb.jpg.2094db47828614bb50d81478fb21c768.jpg

Where is that?? Coco Cay? Looks amazing!

1 hour ago, jentravelrn said:

Where is that?? Coco Cay? Looks amazing!

Chill island beach cabana... it's wonderful but really looking forward to tomorrow Coco Beach Club Floating Cabana!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mauraoel said:

You don't need to believe me if you don't want to.  But guest services specifically said that they were being warn due to medically fragile people who couldn't be vaccinated were on board.  Did they lie?  I don't know I am just giving you the information I have. These Damm wristbands are a pain in the butt and I am not happy about wearing it, as I am sure many on this board can attest to from previous threads.

I didn't say I didn't believe you.  I said there was a misunderstanding or miscommunication.  Either on the part of the person at guest services, or how you interpreted what was said, or how those reading your post might interpret what you said.  Lots of room for confusion.

I read your previous comment as suggesting that vaccinations just weren't being required anymore.  This clarification suggests they are maybe making limited exceptions, in which case they probably were doing that all along?

Who knows.  We can't even get a straight answer most of the time on what should be clearly stated policies.  Nothing is ever simple.

Anyway, I appreciate whatever information I can get, and I'm sure others do too.

On the same cruise - mask annoying but can deal with it.  Not happy about possibility of unvaccinated adults on board as that was not how this sailing was promoted.  I will be sailing out of Florida on August 27 on Celebrity Equinox and looking forward to that itinerary a lot more (ABC islands).

I bid on the Royal Up offer - we were in a balcony and won the bid for a Jr. Suite - bid was $25 each over minimum.

funny story - was in the Solarium and posted a Facebook picture to my friends of the view from my lounger.  Started reading CruiseCritic after that, look at the picture posted and it’s almost identical to mine - person in the neighboring lounge is the author😮.  I did inquire just to confirm - small world😊

3 hours ago, mauraoel said:

My daughters just got back from kayaking, guess who the other two kayaker were?  @sunshinetriciadaughters... small world or better yet small ship.

I couldn't believe it when they came back and told me that it was only the 4 of them and it happened to be the only other people I "know" on the ship and from close to where we live! Now I am wondering how many times I have passed you somewhere. lol

People keep asking if the ship feels empty. It's a REALLY strange experience because sometimes you can really tell how few people there are (like how easy it is to get a table in Windjammer or a lounger by the pool.) But other times like the Silent Disco party, it seems to be totally hopping!!

Speaking of the Silent Disco....that was a blast last night. My 20-year-old and I danced the whole 90 minutes out on the dance floor. Sometimes it was barely more than us, and other time it was so packed we didn't even all fit on the dance area. We did NOT have to wear masks for that. 

Today we had a floating cabana and my kids said it was just about the best thing ever. One of them rated it a 12 out of 10 because of extra credit for being so awesome. For lunch they brought us just a sampler platter of all of the different appetizers. Then another sampler platter of almost every other food on the menu. So instead of having to choose between steak and lobster....we got a little of each! Even dessert was served that way. It was like have our own mini buffet in the cabana. 

I'm a little upset about the dining situation. We were originally 8pm in the 4th floor dining room. But when they released the new COVID protocols, we asked to be moved to the 3rd floor because it said the 3rd floor was one of the areas that was NOT for everyone. We gave up our dining time and moved to MyTime Dining (which we really didn't want) so that we could feel more comfortable in the vaxxed dining room. 

Guess what? EVERY SINGLE TABLE around us had young kids at it. None of them wearing the purple vaxxed bracelets and many of them seeming well under 12. I have no idea what happened but basically you can't trust the list of which areas are for vaxxed only and which are for everyone. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sunshinetricia said:

I have no idea what happened but basically you can't trust the list of which areas are for vaxxed only and which are for everyone. 

On this note, can anyone onboard comment on the current situation in the teen club?

This is another area where everyone should be vaccinated, based on age, but for some reason it's been designated "for everyone".

If what they really mean is "this is a masked space even though everyone in it is vaccinated," I wish they would just say that.  It would be less confusing.

We went to the Schooner Bar tonight for ABBA trivia (lost by one point) and they did ask a kid to leave who didn't have a purple bracelet because it was supposed to be a Vaxxed zone. But they kept telling us that we could only take off our masks to eat and drink and should put them on otherwise. I think everyone on the ship is still confused about everything since it all changed so fast this week. 

People really do seem to be complying though!

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It seems to me that they are now just using the same protocols on Adventure as used on Florida sailings. It doesn't seem worth going through the extra effort to book a cruise out of Nassau any longer.

Since I have to fly to the port anyway, I'd much rather be on a flight with others who have tested Covid negative. I'd also prefer not to fly into the state with the highest Covid numbers per Capita in the world. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Since I have to fly to the port anyway, I'd much rather be on a flight with others who have tested Covid negative. I'd also prefer not to fly into the state with the highest Covid numbers per Capita in the world. 

You really shouldn't read the negative news about Florida......it's save if you are vaccinated

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sunshinetricia said:

We went to the Schooner Bar tonight for ABBA trivia (lost by one point) and they did ask a kid to leave who didn't have a purple bracelet because it was supposed to be a Vaxxed zone. But they kept telling us that we could only take off our masks to eat and drink and should put them on otherwise. I think everyone on the ship is still confused about everything since it all changed so fast this week. 

People really do seem to be complying though!

Let us know if this happens again in Schooner Bar or other locations for vaxed....  This is exactly why I cancelled.... I don't even have to do that in local restaurants...or other businesses.