One Adventure After Another, Live Rolling Review Aug 14, 21 and 28

exm

9 hours ago, exm said:

I thought in Adventure out of Nassau everyone 12 and up had to be vaccinated. Interesting.

I appreciate your updates, what a special time to cruise.

As did we.  It’s possible that the unvaccinated 12 and over were partially vaccinated and just hadn’t completed the 2 weeks post final dose window.  We didn’t get super specific info, but since it was corroborated by other crew, and supported by the whole bracelet thing, I believe the info was correct.    A comment was made that the situation was based on trying to avoid more cancellations — so some form of letting a few slip thru as opposed to actively booking unvaccinated.

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

To tell you the truth, I've always wanted the beds, but dang they look awfully hot!  We may prefer the regular loungers near them where ya'll were.

We did the beach loungers the first day, water cabana second, Oasis Lagoon third, and day bed the 4th.  I would say the beach loungers and day bed were the best as far as being cool to a point and comparable except the day bed is more comfy, closer to the rest room, and no sand on your feet after they get wet.  Water cabana was the absolute best, but the price tag is way up there

The last few days of the cruise, we didn’t do a whole lot that is news (post) worthy.  It was a mix of sleeping in, relaxing at the solarium, doing a pub crawl with a group from social media sites.  We stayed onboard in Cozumel for the second week mostly because I just couldn’t bear to run the gauntlet again to get to a taxi.   The shopping center right off the ship that you have to walk thru was intensely uncomfortable.  We understand the significant financial need the community is faced with, and during the first week we went out and spent a fair amount -but being borderline assaulted (verbally) is just not going to get me into your shop.  And it’s every 5 steps.  I was also not feeling need to be out in the heat.  A shady spot in the Solarium with my Kindle was more enjoyable, plus hanging with new friends (miss you two, @nich3cats ) and a drink or two.  

We also had lunch at Izumi one day with another couple we met.  We had ordered Izumi pick up for dinner one night early in the cruise, and had a MDR entree delivered.  Both excellent choices (MDR only applies if you are in a suite, but anyone can order Izumi to go).  We really enjoyed the food at Izumi.  The first time we got the Spicy Crispy Shrimp (YUM!) and the Rainbow roll (very good).  For dine in we ordered the Champagne Lobster roll (the best!) and a seared ahi (husband ordered) which was good, but probably my least favorite of the 4.  He also ordered the plum saki which was really good, and I got a cocktail called Japanese Strawberry (I think, lol).  My cocktail was nice — not amazing but light and not too sweet.  One of our friends ordered the assorted sashimi, so that is included in the photos, and my husband ordered the mochi ice cream (so not a fan, lol)

E8AFC07D-02B1-41B8-8E54-33C8887CECCC.jpeg

EE9E8698-7B7A-4383-89D7-29A5052651ED.jpeg

4BF6B0E9-1C49-42DF-9448-EA1BF6CFC4A0.jpeg

B3EE5CC1-4726-4D5C-B244-94D652AF21A1.jpeg

A15928FA-72CB-4EAE-BF7E-55E8D30FF6AB.jpeg

D2E533EC-91AA-4222-ACB0-3336E4E8122A.jpeg

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 3

As suite guests (I’ll post suite pics later - we scored with Royal Up ) we enjoyed the suite lounge every day.  Most mornings we popped up and got a cappuccino, and some light pastry or prepared lox and bagels.  It was also a great place to grab a light lunch — they offered some tasty little sandwiches that were a welcome respite from feeling utterly stuffed 24/7.  In the evening, we enjoyed the Happy Hour.  There was always an assortment of canapés, cheeses, and appetizers.  Jennifer, the bar waitress, kept us all in good spirits, literally.  She makes a mean Espresso Martini, and also was happy to make my custom request Old Fashioned.  

FD200B6D-ABED-4217-BC79-04EAB3958941.jpeg

C8FA1965-4BE7-48AA-AB79-DABB34D911C8.jpeg

B98A9F2A-83CD-4E79-B8FE-3828A5760393.jpeg

FB72954C-B97F-461A-A34B-4B7E013BBBC7.jpeg

727E010F-4CDA-4970-A3BE-C9B6241E269D.jpeg

6B712C38-2A61-4C6B-AE97-1E802ED3B576.jpeg

• Like 4

The above mentioned Espresso Martinis, a special requested Vieux Carre (good effort, but Gregory at Boleros was able to track down a needed ingredient and nailed it) and the amazing and lovely Jennie.  The only moment during the two weeks we were able to see her beautiful smile behind the mask.  She is one of two concierges on Adventure and we felt sooooo fortunate that she was in the suite lounge during our trip.  We did get to meet Dudley a few times, and I’m sure we would have loved working with him too, but Jennie stole our hearts.  

EEB1D0B1-7BF9-45B0-B9CE-0DABC977F86A.jpeg

141CAC45-6627-44BF-AA93-D231033F6975.jpeg

F130174C-DD52-4C5D-A944-11CE731062A2.jpeg

AFB905DD-23F4-4776-BD48-50E0822E3061.jpeg

• Like 6

I posted about it in another thread, but thought I would quickly cover the Happy Hour drink process that we experienced on Adventure, in case anyone is curious.

It was….5 to 8 pm nightly.  One of the crew, Scott, handled getting food items for everyone at the little buffet set up.  Jennifer, the bar waitress, moved around the lounge, taking orders — initially jotting down your cabin number early in the cruise, but later she had it down.  She took notes on her pad when you placed your order.  We were never asked to present our sea pass.  Drinks were then delivered, and not once were we ever told we could only order xyz.  Anything we asked for was made as long as ingredients were available. The drink would show up later on our account as a zero dollar charge from the Viking Crown Lounge.  The same during the second week, when we made extra use of the Happy Hour since I had dropped the drink package.  If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

Edited by 3kidsncats
  • Like 1

And now the suite pics, since that was an amazing part of our trip.  We Royal Upped with just over a minimum bid from a GS into an OS.  We had gotten an amazing price on the GS, so we ended up paying what one week in a GS would cost, for 2 weeks in an OS. Bucket list, check.  We were also able to stay in the same cabin for both weeks, since no one else was assigned to it the second week — Yay!  We had cabin 1320 — one of two hump OS, and the one with the much bigger balcony.  The hump location also means the little vanity area with the lounge chair is maybe two feet wider based on photos I’ve seen of other OS on this ship.  You can see it clearly between the actual vanity and the window if you look at different cabin photos.  We didn’t use the balcony much, sadly, because the Bahamas in August is really just too dang hot.  Normally we would enjoy breakfast there, but this time it was the lounge or Giovanni’s.  

4161F36E-9825-4649-A17B-2F44EACE576A.jpeg

F45DA0F8-F13B-480C-A000-558E261FF1C8.jpeg

C103D9C6-73C0-4CD6-9FDF-BC11AA5A3B91.jpeg

DCA75217-4761-4F97-A1EA-83B1E6282F8F.jpeg

20AE73D7-7100-472C-AE39-9E245DA1C171.jpeg

4437B23C-C209-4588-A782-2834A7A6FF26.jpeg

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've always wanted a lounger on the balcony. It has not happened yet.

We’ve had one….twice now.  Honestly, didn’t use them.  But I’m not a big sunbather (worked for a dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon a long time ago).  I keep thinking that I would like to though.  Try booking an aft cabin if motion is ok for you, as they are more likely to have one

We have booked an GS on Adventure when it comes to Galveston.  We could easily upgrade to a OS as lots are left but after watching videos we decided we wanted the bigger balcony rather then the bigger room.  We want a lounger on the balcony and all the pics we’ve seen show that it’s too small for one.

8 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

We’ve had one….twice now.  Honestly, didn’t use them.  But I’m not a big sunbather (worked for a dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon a long time ago).  I keep thinking that I would like to though.  Try booking an aft cabin if motion is ok for you, as they are more likely to have one

I'm not a sunbather either but I have no issue with a good nap on a balcony.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oooo a nap in the shade would be amazing.....

i figure here here is as good of a place as any, but I always see people worried about how few outlets there are......but I see European plugs in the pictures....(along with probably North American plugs I didn’t see) wouldn’t it make sense for me to just bring a euro adapter for the other plugs instead of worrying about bringing a power strip (and the surge protector worries and compliance) or would all ships have different (not euro) plugs depending on where they sail? Having one extra plug I could use would probably suffice for the amount of plug in things I have....

This is where we like to nap too.  I contacted the TA this am to see about a move to OS 1314 on the hump.  I found pics from 2018 that show it has a slightly larger balcony with a lounger.  I’m afraid we may be spoiled forever.   This may be one cruise we spend a lot of time in the cabin.

17 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We have booked an GS on Adventure when it comes to Galveston.  We could easily upgrade to a OS as lots are left but after watching videos we decided we wanted the bigger balcony rather then the bigger room.  We want a lounger on the balcony and all the pics we’ve seen show that it’s too small for one.

Not if you are fortunate to get 1320!

8 hours ago, Kathscof said:

Oooo a nap in the shade would be amazing.....

i figure here here is as good of a place as any, but I always see people worried about how few outlets there are......but I see European plugs in the pictures....(along with probably North American plugs I didn’t see) wouldn’t it make sense for me to just bring a euro adapter for the other plugs instead of worrying about bringing a power strip (and the surge protector worries and compliance) or would all ships have different (not euro) plugs depending on where they sail? Having one extra plug I could use would probably suffice for the amount of plug in things I have....

There are two NA type plugs on the vanity which worked fine for me.  My husband had purchased a power strip with no surge protection, so that worked well for him.  He did have trouble using his shaver — he ended up having to use the coffee pot adapter because the cabin attendant couldn’t find anything that worked.  

5 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

This is where we like to nap too.  I contacted the TA this am to see about a move to OS 1314 on the hump.  I found pics from 2018 that show it has a slightly larger balcony with a lounger.  I’m afraid we may be spoiled forever.   This may be one cruise we spend a lot of time in the cabin.

1320 is bigger.  We had friends in 1314 and due to the flipped floor plan, the balcony was on the narrower curve of the hump.  1320 has the biggest balcony of the OS on Adventure.

We upgrade to 1314 because 1320 wasn’t available.  Hoping there is a lounger or we will ask for one.  I’d prefer that to a table to eat on.  There was another price drop so it ended up costing almost nothing.  So now we just have to get that ship over to Galveston as planned and stay well!

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 7:55 PM, WVHillbilly said:

Honestly I blame the parents, they made an announcement that no unattended children were allowed in the first three rows. 

it's hard to call a 17 yo "an unattended child". Even RCI doesn't let kids over 12 yo participate in Kids Sail Free promotion - I guess once they get to 12, they are not kids anymore. 🙂

38 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

it's hard to call a 17 yo "an unattended child". Even RCI doesn't let kids over 12 yo participate in Kids Sail Free promotion - I guess once they get to 12, they are not kids anymore. 🙂

You could be right about not counting teens as children, I'm old so either your an adult (18) or a child.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:42 PM, 3kidsncats said:

There are two NA type plugs on the vanity which worked fine for me.  My husband had purchased a power strip with no surge protection, so that worked well for him.  He did have trouble using his shaver — he ended up having to use the coffee pot adapter because the cabin attendant couldn’t find anything that worked.  

Interesante, with two people, if each person had two items to be charged, would it work in the bedroom? 

On 9/11/2021 at 12:45 PM, Kathscof said:

Interesante, with two people, if each person had two items to be charged, would it work in the bedroom? 

If you want to charge 4 devices simultaneously, I believe you would need a power strip without any surge protection.  Or European adaptors.  Honestly, I didn’t pay a lot of attention to the bar area where my husband was charging his devices, so not exactly sure what ports were there.  I’ll try to remember to ask him when he gets home.  I do know he was using his power strip, but he has a battery issue with his phone, so charges the phone, the charging phone case, and his back up charger, so all of that means he needs more ports to plug into than the average person.