Vaccine proof question

unclegrandpa

It may seem silly to some that countries with tourism-based economies are putting strict entry requirements in place, but I bet those same countries don’t have the medical capacity or the remaining capital to handle a new outbreak within their borders brought in by tourists.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have three versions of proof.  1) The card I received with my first vaccine.  2) A record on my hospital's electronic portal.  I took a screen shot of it and saved it on my iPhone.  3) A QR code retrieved from the California database that is tracking vaccinations in California.  I also took a screen shot of it and saved it on my iPhone.  I'm hoping that at least one of these will be adequate proof.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried several times to get a  New York State's Excelsior Pass. Each time I not received the same MSG: 

We were not able to find any contact information for you.

That was last week, on August 20th  and subsequent days thereafter. Today I entered the info and I was successful and downloaded the Pass 

However I cannot download the Excelsior Pass Plus. 

Maybe next month I will be successful. lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, P_Mcruisers said:

I tried several times to get a  New York State's Excelsior Pass. Each time I not received the same MSG: 

We were not able to find any contact information for you.

That was last week, on August 20th  and subsequent days thereafter. Today I entered the info and I was successful and downloaded the Pass 

However I cannot download the Excelsior Pass Plus. 

Maybe next month I will be successful. lol

I have the same issue. They still cannot find me so I carry my card everywhere. Plus I have photos. NCL only requires a photo of the card at check in.

On 8/12/2021 at 12:30 AM, unclegrandpa said:

I am thinking of taking two one week Mediterranean cruises with NCL. I am confused about how they validate the vaccine cards. As far as I can tell it is impossible for them to do. I got vaccinated in Utah. A lot of people here receive a blank card where you put your name yourself. They just put a little sticker with the vaccine name on it for each dose and hand write the hospital name. There is no record locator on or any way to validate it. It does not look official. There is no national record for vaccines according to the CDC website.

This is correct, to a point.  There are state sanctioned apps (Excelsior in NY is one,) generally for "Blue State" folks, and some private companies as well, such as Clear.  Personally, I fly out of PHL 98% of the time where there are no Clear kiosks.  But I signed up anyway because it's a free perk with Amex Platinum.  For NCL purposes the apps don't matter; they want the physical card, though last I checked they'll accept an image of it.

I got all 3 of my shots at my local Rite Aid.  They just emailed me a QR code which I could upload into Clear.  There's also a state website (in PA, at least) which will send you a record of your vaccination status if the dog ate your card.

Edited by phillygwm

On 8/12/2021 at 9:15 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

The cat is out of the bag. College kids are buying fake cards with bitcoin in droves. ABC terms it a 'cottage industry'.

The fines for fake vaccine cards are pretty stiff. I hope these college kids OR anyone else awful enough to do this, understands there are consequences.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 4:45 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

A person would also need to acquire the proper weight cardstock and have a printer that could handle it.  I'm sure it could be done, but it would be a bit more difficult than just printing on plain paper.

You can buy them on ebay for $3 blank.     When i cruised last month carnival asked for name number and  email of place i received it, i dont think they checked but if it looked dodgy they may have. 

1 hour ago, halos said:

The fines for fake vaccine cards are pretty stiff. I hope these college kids OR anyone else awful enough to do this, understands there are consequences.

Agreed. Very foolish, in my opinion. These days, everything you do can end up online, I know this from friends in the HR world. I can see it now: college student applies for a job and HR comes back, "yeah, we see you faked a vaccination card back in 2021, application denied." This'll come back to bite them.

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Agreed. Very foolish, in my opinion. These days, everything you do can end up online, I know this from friends in the HR world. I can see it now: college student applies for a job and HR comes back, "yeah, we see you faked a vaccination card back in 2021, application denied." This'll come back to bite them.

That's why the email on my resume is not associated with any social media accounts, and my social media is locked down so only people I'm friends with can see it.  Not that there's anything incriminating on it, but it's a step.  And no, giving them my password is NOT an option...

OK, that was off topic.  I may have even said the same thing as you in a previous post in this thread - VERY foolish for students entering college to fake vaccine cards when there's the risk it will go on their permanent record for school, which potential employers will see...

4 hours ago, seaman11 said:

You can buy them on ebay for $3 blank.     When i cruised last month carnival asked for name number and  email of place i received it, i dont think they checked but if it looked dodgy they may have. 

No need to pay $3. Just google "CDC vaccination card blank" and click images. There are thousands.

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Actually, some universities in Michigan have given up checking and if they are it's cursory.  They need the tuition money.

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

No need to pay $3. Just google "CDC vaccination card blank" and click images. There are thousands.

Actually, some universities in Michigan have given up checking and if they are it's cursory.  They need the tuition money.

If you're vaxxed, even if you get a breakthrough, it will be relatively minor.  I've gotten 3 shots so I'm not terribly concerned about myself. 

If someone decides to counterfeit their card and winds up on a vent (or worse,) that isn't my concern. Schadenfreude.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:53 PM, hallux said:

That's why the email on my resume is not associated with any social media accounts, and my social media is locked down so only people I'm friends with can see it.  Not that there's anything incriminating on it, but it's a step.  And no, giving them my password is NOT an option...

OK, that was off topic.  I may have even said the same thing as you in a previous post in this thread - VERY foolish for students entering college to fake vaccine cards when there's the risk it will go on their permanent record for school, which potential employers will see...

My wife is an attorney who has a lot of background in HR law, and from her and from people I know in HR at my own company, I know they have amazing ways of finding out about potential employees’ pasts. Maybe I’m just risk-averse, but I would never in a million years even consider faking a vaccination card, not only is it unethical and illegal, but the cost of being found out could be astronomical for these young people. It’s just plain stupid, period. Yes, I was young once, too and I did some stupid things, but nothing like that. And I would wager the people doing this kind of stuff are not as smart as you in terms of locking down their accounts and staying off social media.  

Edited by DCGuy64