Bermuda new protection edict!

Marygracie C.

The Crystal Symphony thread is long with a lot of post as you might imagine.  The information about the testing begins on Page 2 around post 45.  

2 CC members have posted that they are part of those off ship now.  

One post that her party was a “close contact”  and was retested last night.  If they are negative they may return true ship. She also says she is paying for the  room and food but that she will submit to her insurance. 

Crystal is using  some sort of tracking device. I don’t really know much about it.  So the “close contacts” aren’t necessarily member of their cruising group. 

Are cruisers only the Breakaway  9/26 sailing due to be tested tonight?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, milolii said:

The Crystal Symphony thread is long with a lot of post as you might imagine.  The information about the testing begins on Page 2 around post 45.  

2 CC members have posted that they are part of those off ship now.  

One post that her party was a “close contact”  and was retested last night.  If they are negative they may return true ship. She also says she is paying for the  room and food but that she will submit to her insurance. 

Crystal is using  some sort of tracking device. I don’t really know much about it.  So the “close contacts” aren’t necessarily member of their cruising group. 

Are cruisers only the Breakaway  9/26 sailing due to be tested tonight?  

AFAIK the swabs for Bermuda's arrival test were actually taken in the Manhattan Cruise Terminal prior to boarding and I suspect they are actually being processed in Eurofins' lab, not Bermuda's government lab, as Bermuda doesn't have the capacity to test that many passengers at once. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 8:23 AM, njhorseman said:

Bermuda doesn't allow you to start completing the form until the week before your cruise because you can't finalize and submit it until you've received your COVID PCR test results a couple of days before your cruise departure.

anyone know if you can start the TA form and do as much as possible without submitting the credit card.  makes no sense to do that until you know you pass the 96 hour PCR test.

13 minutes ago, boswell0877 said:

anyone know if you can start the TA form and do as much as possible without submitting the credit card.  makes no sense to do that until you know you pass the 96 hour PCR test.

No, you need the pay the charge first…. Of course. 🤔

20 minutes ago, boswell0877 said:

you do not have to submit the ta early. you can wait until you get the results from the pcr test

14 minutes ago, shof515 said:

you do not have to submit the ta early. you can wait until you get the results from the pcr test

first time i have been tested.  assuming that it comes as an attachment to my email.

and hoping that it has PCR in the results!!

do you just then upload this attachment for the TA or do you just fill in some "authorization numbers".

is there anything else that has to be uploaded as attachments, e.g. vaccination cards, etc.?

thanks!

18 minutes ago, shof515 said:

went out to TA site to click on Oct. 3 to see what needs to be filled in.  all i get is Loading traveller authorization form with some spinning circles followed by a timeout of Please Try Again.

i can see that this is going to be loads of fun!!

i can't image what the cruisers who are not techno-literate going to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I see many on here saying they were on the 10/10 Cruise... How did the Travel Authorization process go with Bermuda, how did things go at the Cruise Terminal, are you definitely heading to Bermuda?

I've got my Rapid PCR test scheduled for the Thursday before I set sail on 10/31... So I'll have the test results between 30 minutes and 2 hours, so that will satisfy Bermuda, NCL, and Air Canada (flying from Toronto to LGA).

9 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

So even after reading what all you people say I think I'm going to take the plunge and book the end of October to Bermuda. Do you think if I got totally wasted before getting on board that I would not feel the Q-tip in my brain

Sorry to disappoint you. You won’t get onboard until after you’ve been brain probed.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

So even after reading what all you people say I think I'm going to take the plunge and book the end of October to Bermuda. Do you think if I got totally wasted before getting on board that I would not feel the Q-tip in my brain

The brain tickler really isn't THAT bad. It is definitely unpleasant and you might have a runny nose for a bit after, but by the time you have your results, you will have already forgotten about it.

12 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

Agree with Jamie on this. We had never been tested before, so my wife was worried, but it really wasn’t that bad. The pier antigen test is nothing, it’s a Q-tip type head, lower nostril, a lot of swirls, but feels fine since it’s not deep.  For both PCR tests (pier and the rapid we did at a lab) it’s deeper but a very narrow tip. Makes you feel like you really need to blow your nose (and they had tissues on the desk at the pier), and feels weird and ticklish, but doesn’t hurt at all.

You can save the drinking for the drink package after you board. 😁 

Edited by psac