Azamara's new 2022-23 itineraries revealed

SummmerInKefalonia

9 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It never used to be this way though so I don't understand. For a number of years there have always been N1s and N2s available on sailings I've looked at well past the opening date for the cruise going on sale, so I don't really know what's going on. Especially with the pricing of them these days. Are Azamara holding CC cabins out of the inventory?

Phil 

9 hours ago, Riocca said:

Just had a look to check it out as with our 2023 we’re the only CC booked to date, first thing I noticed is the Perry Golf logo on the cruise listing. I’m assuming that there are a number of cabins either blocked out or booked by Perry Golf.

Update- Or maybe not as on the U.K. site all the CC suites are showing available so might be a website glitch?

I guess I was wrong about CCs selling out.  [Thanks to @uktog's advice I only look at 8056, 8058 and 8060 and they go quickly!]  Maybe that explains why Azamara didn't take the opportunity to put more CCs on Pursuit when they took it over.  It will be interesting to see how well the extra CCs sell on Onward.  IMHO it is a much more desirable layout than the verandas, but the prices are very high.  Some aggressive upselling could get a lot of Azamara regulars hooked on them [I have found that once you try the next category up, you never want to book the lower ones again!]

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

[I have found that once you try the next category up, you never want to book the lower ones again!]

There is always an exception to any "rule" :

Anticipating conditions in the South China Sea, we booked Cat 5, Deck 4 midships.

On arrival dockside we found with no advance notice we had a "wonderful upgrade" NOT !

We had been relocated up to Deck 6 . . . 6004 to be precise . . . Peter spent the South China Sea days in a midships area on Deck 5, we spent those nights on the floor to avoid being thrown out of bed!

Up on Deck 10 The Living Room windows resembled those of a Fish Shop with waves crashing onto and cascading down.

It was during the days of onboard Art auctions . . . in The Living Room . . . and the pictures were falling off their easels!

How bad was it really . . . CD Russ was unable to front up!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

There is always an exception to any "rule"

True.  Luckily we have never made a bad choice [thanks mostly to Cruise Critic!].  We are booked in CO suite 7004 on the Bordeaux to Barcelona cruise in Sept. 2022 – that may be our Waterloo if the Bay of Biscay kicks up...

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

True.  Luckily we have never made a bad choice [thanks mostly to Cruise Critic!].  We are booked in CO suite 7004 on the Bordeaux to Barcelona cruise in Sept. 2022 – that may be our Waterloo if the Bay of Biscay kicks up...

I think if it's for a relatively short time, say for a day or two it's ok. It's when you have days of it that it becomes very tiring. When just moving around is an effort and trying to sleep a chore. Thankfully there have been few times like that. 

I guess I'm one of those people who are happy to be on the ship wherever. More often than not these days I'll book a category 5 window cabin on deck 4 as I know it to be quiet there and good if it does happen to be rough. Sometimes I'll splurge on a suite and it's a nice treat. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

The 23 N Spice Route cruise shows about 6 CC suites available but in checking around 1 found a TA that showed a total of 13 N1s.  So there may be far more than appear on Azamara’s site.

I have a favourite ta website that I use which gives up to the minute cabin availability in a very easy to read way. I find the Azamara website is cumbersome in comparison and never bother with it for that purpose. 

Phil 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We did not make a bad choice either, but had it made for us and unfortunately were unable to have the unwanted "upgrade" changed back to our original choice when we found out as we checked in dockside.

Prior to a couple of subsequent cruises we actually received notification of unwanted upgrades to areas not preferred by us and were able to have those changed back prior to boarding via emails with Hotel Director and Guest Relations Manager.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

We did not make a bad choice either, but had it made for us and unfortunately were unable to have the unwanted "upgrade" changed back to our original choice when we found out as we checked in dockside.

Prior to a couple of subsequent cruises we actually received notification of unwanted upgrades to areas not preferred by us and were able to have those changed back prior to boarding via emails with Hotel Director and Guest Relations Manager.

Trish, I don't want to give the impression that I don't care where I am on the ship, but rather if I have an inside/outside/balcony/suite. Where that cabin is is definitely important. It's why I don't do guarantees and am not interested in the way the Azamara upgrade program now works. It used to be great when they rang you with the cabin numbers available. The good old days!

In the past I've marked bookings "no upgrades accepted". Last thing I want is my carefully chosen window cabin and I get moved to a balcony under the treadmills!

Phil 

• Like 1

Thank you to  the poster who  has posted  all the sailings just released. I want to find a cruise that ends or starts in Denmark. I see the Pursuit  does have one in 2023.

Used to sail Celebrity , but last four cruises have been  Viking Ocean. I love the  ships, but  do not want to  spend  three days in St. Petersburg on a sailing incJune  2023 on a Viking sailing . 

I will check ou this  Pursuit sailing Azamara web site.

19 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Trish, I don't want to give the impression that I don't care where I am on the ship, but rather if I have an inside/outside/balcony/suite. Where that cabin is is definitely important. It's why I don't do guarantees and am not interested in the way the Azamara upgrade program now works. It used to be great when they rang you with the cabin numbers available. The good old days!

In the past I've marked bookings "no upgrades accepted". Last thing I want is my carefully chosen window cabin and I get moved to a balcony under the treadmills!

Phil 

Not at all Phil! I know you do care about where you are and likewise would never go for a Guarantee booking. They may be fine for very good sailors, but definitely not for us in conditions like those we encountered on the South China Sea!

At some stage in the past, there was an option to tick a box for an upgrade, but no box for a do not upgrade. That has since been rectified.

Our instruction to not upgrade prior to having a box to tick, was unfortunately ignored by one or other TA with whom we no longer do business.

Hopefully we may get back to choosing a stateroom before too many more months of closed borders!

Trish

Edited by Baynanno1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Azulann said:

Thank you to  the poster who  has posted  all the sailings just released. I want to find a cruise that ends or starts in Denmark. I see the Pursuit  does have one in 2023.

Used to sail Celebrity , but last four cruises have been  Viking Ocean. I love the  ships, but  do not want to  spend  three days in St. Petersburg on a sailing incJune  2023 on a Viking sailing . 

I will check ou this  Pursuit sailing Azamara web site.

Good Morning Azulann. Our most recent sailings were on Viking as well. Do love their ships as well. Do not love their prepayment policy. It also seems as if their itineraries are just basically on repeat year over year. 
We are excited to try Azamara next May. More interesting ports and itineraries in our opinion. Hoping you find an option that works well for you. 

On another note it is good a good reminder to read about guaranteed stateroom results. Lots of good info on this board 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Good Morning Azulann. Our most recent sailings were on Viking as well. Do love their ships as well. Do not love their prepayment policy. It also seems as if their itineraries are just basically on repeat year over year. 
We are excited to try Azamara next May. More interesting ports and itineraries in our opinion. Hoping you find an option that works well for you. 

On another note it is good a good reminder to read about guaranteed stateroom results. Lots of good info on this board 

Good to see your post today!

Thanks for the tip about Guaranteed stateroom. 

I will do some more research on this board.  need to get back up to speed on Azamara  pricing , ship etc. 

Will be back on Viking in Oct : Malta to Barcelona.

It was such a deal , could not pass it up.