Azamara's new 2022-23 itineraries revealed

SummmerInKefalonia

People have been complaining [about most cruise lines] about how cruises keep getting cancelled or itineraries keep getting changed.  So is it any wonder that Azamara has chosen the safe route to cruise mostly in Europe, where cruises have already started safely and ports are welcoming?  I am tired of worrying about the three cruises I have scheduled between now and January:  will they go?, will we be able to fly to them?, will the ports stay the same?  We are prepared to be adventuresome and go with the flow, but ... the more certainty the better!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

A lot of us are excited to see the Singapore to Athens being offered again.  I do agree the prices have gone up a lot.  However, that is explained by the absence of the 60% off second passenger. sale.  Maybe they'll offer it later if the interest is less than they hope.

Pity Azamara haven't retrospectively offered this as a L&S option to those of us bounced from the May 2021 sailing. New prices are eye-watering. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruiser6270 said:

Pity Azamara haven't retrospectively offered this as a L&S option to those of us bounced from the May 2021 sailing. New prices are eye-watering. 

After my third attempt at the Suez Canal [a very good Club Continent Suite offer] due to a dry dock and two Covid cancellations, I have thrown in the towel on Azamara. It was to be my first Azamara Experience, prompted by Celebrity Elite Plus status, to enjoy all inclusive. I considered a replacement Norway  coastal 16 day cruise, which came in at almost double the price of the 24 day Singapore to Athens. So au revoir Azamara.

Edited by PeterGavin

When it comes to the variety of destinations & ports of call, we're still cruise newbies (we have repeated more than a couple of cruise itineraries over the years).  So for us, we like what we see.

We've got high hopes that our first Azamara experience in January 2023 will make us repeat customers and expand our options.  The cruise fares per day are in line with what we see on Celebrity, and the idea of an upscale, smaller ship cruise experience appeals to us a lot.

Seeing a list all in one place was helpful, so "thanks" go to the OP for the time and effort 🙂

Edited by DenGNNJ
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, nordski said:

A question concerning the North American market:

There seems to be a 20% reduction for 2023 bookings completed before Aug. 31. Is that reduction reflected in the listed price?

Allow me to answer my own question.

For those in North America, as of today (Aug. 18) the prices on the website now reflect the “special” in place until Aug. 31. This covers the 2023 itineraries just posted.

For the cruise we are considering, those prices now seem to be reasonably attractive.

As Host Andy used to say, “Hope this helps”. 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nordski said:

For those in North America, as of today (Aug. 18) the prices on the website now reflect the “special” in place until Aug. 31. This covers the 2023 itineraries just posted.

For the cruise we are considering, those prices now seem to be reasonably attractive.

Thanks - unfortunately the UK offer is an experience package that doesn't interest me. Also got a challenge, the itineraries we like are from Venice but just cannot work out how we would travel to Trieste so I think we will hold off for a while

12 minutes ago, nordski said:

The price  today for the 23 N Spice Route Cruise is the same as it was yesterday when the showed up and a CC Suite is 25% more that the 2022 sailing that was cancelled.  Where do I see this "special" prices?

On the U.K. website when you get to the booking page it’s now showing as a 20% discount per person, as we’ve booked using free nights our initial booking invoice shows the “full” price. So I’ve been able to compare the full price with the website price and it does works out at 20%, be interesting to see the prices after the 31st August.

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The price  today for the 23 N Spice Route Cruise is the same as it was yesterday when the showed up and a CC Suite is 25% more that the 2022 sailing that was cancelled.  Where do I see this "special" prices?

The price on our possible 2023 cruise in a CC Suite dropped by 20% from yesterday. 

Is it possible that not all prices have been updated?

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The U.K. price yesterday is the same as it is today and as I said in a previous post includes the 20% discount. Looking at various itineraries as usual the cost per night varies depending on the popularity and timing of each itinerary.

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

Thanks - unfortunately the UK offer is an experience package that doesn't interest me. Also got a challenge, the itineraries we like are from Venice but just cannot work out how we would travel to Trieste so I think we will hold off for a while

We’ve already got an itinerary that finishes in Venice for next May booked prior to the ban and booked a midday flight from Venice. So have looked at the options, we’re hopeful that they will do as promised and build a 5 berth cruise terminal in Marghera. The itinerary already includes Ravenna so Trieste would be the other possibility, a car from Trieste to Venice Marco Polo would cost about €240.

The 2023 itinerary we booked starts in Venice but thought that by October 2023 whatever is going to happen will be sorted and we can work it out.

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

I didn’t mention the Experience package because, like you, we didn’t find it that attractive.

I am wondering if porting cruise ships in Trieste or Ravenna will actually do much to curb tourist numbers in Venice. Many on this board are still looking to visit the latter city and its canals.

That visit has just become more difficult.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jelayne said:

This special mentions European cruises, I guess the Spice Route is not enclosed,

1 hour ago, sovilav01 said:

This special mentions European cruises, I guess the Spice Route is not enclosed,

Correct.  There are 75 sailings that are included, but the Spice Route is definitely not one of them, so the price is what is was yesterday.  The Asian cruises (e.g. Japan intensive) are also not included in the promotion. 

Edited by ECCruise

8 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

There are 75 sailings that are included, but the Spice Route is definitely not one of them, so the price is what is was yesterday.

ECC is correct. I spent a good while this AM looking up the available cabins on the May 5, 2023 sailing.  It is well booked already, unless the booked cabins have been grabbed by agencies for future group sales.  Our same cabin is over $4000 more than the 2022 price.  Maybe they know how much we want to sail this itinerary.  We booked anyway.  I have written them but I know it won't amount to a hill of beans.

The more the merrier.  There are not many cruise lines sailing this itinerary so I guess that's why they don't need to put it on sale.  i looked at Cunard, Singapore to Southampton.  Now that's a nice itinerary but I know nothing about Cunard.

2 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

The more the merrier.  There are not many cruise lines sailing this itinerary so I guess that's why they don't need to put it on sale.  i looked at Cunard, Singapore to Southampton.  Now that's a nice itinerary but I know nothing about Cunard.

Formal nights.

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Silversea does that route as well -- Singapore to Athens and the reverse.  And, yes they have some formal nights.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:05 PM, nordski said:

The price on our possible 2023 cruise in a CC Suite dropped by 20% from yesterday. 

Is it possible that not all prices have been updated?

Unfortunately, the price on the cruise has jumped up as of today, When will I learn to jump on offers?

3 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Just looked at 5/14/23 Islands of the Mediterranean - 11 night - very few of  the CC suites are available on deck 8 and zero on deck 7. That surprises me. The 20% and Promotion apply to this voyage. 

All CC suites are on deck 8 on all four Azamara ships, except the two Accessible CC suites that are on deck 6 (most ships) or 7 (Pursuit only).  Since they are Accessible, Azamara may hold them out for customers who need them.  And because Azamara ships have fewer CC suites than Oceania, those suites do tend to sell out quickly.

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

All CC suites are on deck 8 on all four Azamara ships, except the two Accessible CC suites that are on deck 6 (most ships) or 7 (Pursuit only).  Since they are Accessible, Azamara may hold them out for customers who need them.  And because Azamara ships have fewer CC suites than Oceania, those suites do tend to sell out quickly.

It never used to be this way though so I don't understand. For a number of years there have always been N1s and N2s available on sailings I've looked at well past the opening date for the cruise going on sale, so I don't really know what's going on. Especially with the pricing of them these days. Are Azamara holding CC cabins out of the inventory?

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden

21 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It never used to be this way though so I don't understand. For a number of years there have always been N1s and N2s available on sailings I've looked at well past the opening date for the cruise going on sale, so I don't really know what's going on. Especially with the pricing of them these days. Are Azamara holding CC cabins out of the inventory?

Phil 

Just had a look to check it out as with our 2023 we’re the only CC booked to date, first thing I noticed is the Perry Golf logo on the cruise listing. I’m assuming that there are a number of cabins either blocked out or booked by Perry Golf.

Update- Or maybe not as on the U.K. site all the CC suites are showing available so might be a website glitch?

Edited by Riocca
More information