Hitchhiker’s guide to cruising - Serenade Live

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Gorgeous photos! I am reliving my Alaska cruise thanks to your wonderful thread. Are they still offering the boozy coffee drinks out on the decks?

I wasn’t out on the deck during transit up Endicott Arm so can’t tell.  We viewed most of it from the warmth and security of our room. 🙂. I know, I know, that is soft.  DW isnt quite the winter warrior that I am.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 3

I'm doing a similar tour in Juneau through the ship, Mendenhall Glacier, Whale Watching & Wildlife Quest.  Hoping for good weather.  i think this tour will be the best of the ones I have booked.  So glad you had a great tour!

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Instead of doing the cruiseline tour with a hour to do trails, it was suggested to me to walk out of the port and purchase bus tickets that took you to and from the same park. This gave me hours to do as many trails as I wanted

I saw a kiosk selling tickets for the bus ride that were$12 per person.  However, I wouldn’t have traded that whale watching for anything.  I’m probably ruined for whale watching in the future.  Nothing could ever live up to what I just saw.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sgregel said:

I'm doing a similar tour in Juneau through the ship, Mendenhall Glacier, Whale Watching & Wildlife Quest.  Hoping for good weather.  i think this tour will be the best of the ones I have booked.  So glad you had a great tour!

That is exactly the tour we booked.  You will have an amazing time.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I saw a kiosk selling tickets for the bus ride that were$12 per person.  However, I wouldn’t have traded that whale watching for anything.  I’m probably ruined for whale watching in the future.  Nothing could ever live up to what I just saw.  

I didnt realize the whale watching was part of that tour. We got to see many whales that were playing and I loved seeing them so much. If seeing the whales was why they only gave you a hour, yep, priceless.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, suncityga said:

Thank you for the wonderful review....we will be boarding the Serenade on Sept. 6th.

Quick question...Does the Serenade still have a library?

Thank you,

Lori

No idea. I’ll check and get back you. 

20 minutes ago, suncityga said:

Thank you for the wonderful review....we will be boarding the Serenade on Sept. 6th.

Thank you,

Lori

Hi Neighbor,

I'm also on the Sept 6th sailing.  I just moved from Woodstock, GA to Jasper, GA in May.  See you guys on board.

Sandy

I’m so glad you guys had a stellar experience whale watching, and the weather held off for you! Nothing like the rush of seeing a whale breach, is there? 😁❤️

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, suncityga said:

Thank you,

Lori

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Doesn’t look like it

When I was on the Serenade in 2018, there were a couple of cabinets of books to the left, before you entered the Safari Lounge. Not really a library per se, and I’m not sure if there are even any books there anymore.

15 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

When I was on the Serenade in 2018, there were a couple of cabinets of books to the left, before you entered the Safari Lounge. Not really a library per se, and I’m not sure if there are even any books there anymore.

I’ll head over there in a few and check. 

9 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

What time did your tour start?  Ovation supposedly doesn't arrive Juneau until 2:00pm.  The ship excursion starts at 2:45 to 8:00pm.  And ship will leave at 9:00.  Did your tour start this late?

I noticed on the Ovation, the tour was only Whale Watching and Wildlife, no Mendenhall.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

What time did your tour start?  Ovation supposedly doesn't arrive Juneau until 2:00pm.  The ship excursion starts at 2:45 to 8:00pm.  And ship will leave at 9:00.  Did your tour start this late?

Our tour started at 2 pm. We were supposed to leave Juneau at 915 but because of inclement weather we were forced to leave at 7. They shaved a few minutes off our tour because of that.   You and your great husband will love it. Hopefully, you weather is better and don’t run into the challenge we did. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Question for those reading…

Tonight is formal night. Should I wear a gold tie or a blue tie?

👍😜

Gold, you are a golden boy all the way. Maybe the captain will let you drive the boat later.

Better drink a few more and get your money's worth.

• Like 1