P&O Contact phone number - not working

DS_Dean

Wondered if anyone has been successful in calling P&O today? I am trying to call in terms of looking at cruise pricing but when calling 0344 338 8003 no matter what option I press at the menu the call instantly hangs up.

Tried to reach P&O via social media but no reply either. 

I assume they are not out of business 😄 just wondered if anyone else has been able to make contact today?

It is also the same issue calling Curnard, I notice.

Edited by DS_Dean

1 hour ago, silkworms said:

Yes, I rang this morning and was answered within 10 mins.

But that was not the number I rang, it was 0345 355 5111

Terri

Ah thanks for that. I tried that number and it has a message saying that are closed early today due to company event. I guess they didn't get the message out on all the numbers they seem to have in public domain.

20 hours ago, DS_Dean said:

Wondered if anyone has been successful in calling P&O today? I am trying to call in terms of looking at cruise pricing but when calling 0344 338 8003 no matter what option I press at the menu the call instantly hangs up.

Tried to reach P&O via social media but no reply either. 

I assume they are not out of business 😄 just wondered if anyone else has been able to make contact today?

It is also the same issue calling Curnard, I notice.

Same to both when I was having difficulty with my balance payment yesterday!

It still seems to be the same today 😞 just hangs up after choosing menu options.

I don't understand how this can be... no notification on social or website that phone lines are not operational for more than 24 hours now.

Edited by DS_Dean

6 hours ago, DS_Dean said:

It still seems to be the same today 😞 just hangs up after choosing menu options.

I don't understand how this can be... no notification on social or website that phone lines are not operational for more than 24 hours now.

Their phone system has been a bit naff for a while now. If/when you get through to one of their agents, they are usually excellent.

Edited by HikingPete
typo

Given up now. Wanted to speak to them directly to do with booking and FCC etc but I will just leave it. Think I have tried about 50 times to call and it hangs up every time. No reply on email (weeks ago), twitter DM or Facebook.

Put me right off P&O. If they are overwhelmed they should say so and put messages up apologising rather than have their phone system hang up and wind people up.

Seems like it is not the time to book, they are not ready or geared up so will give them another try in few months methinks.

Not only that the website is a disaster the My Account login hasnt worked for me for months.

Edited by DS_Dean

3 hours ago, DS_Dean said:

Given up now. Wanted to speak to them directly to do with booking and FCC etc but I will just leave it. Think I have tried about 50 times to call and it hangs up every time. No reply on email (weeks ago), twitter DM or Facebook.

Put me right off P&O. If they are overwhelmed they should say so and put messages up apologising rather than have their phone system hang up and wind people up.

Seems like it is not the time to book, they are not ready or geared up so will give them another try in few months methinks.

Not only that the website is a disaster the My Account login hasnt worked for me for months.

I have previously mentioned how poor P&O's IT sytem is.  Hower when I had to ring up and make a booking I got through straight away.  Prioritising the money??

I also had to email them with a query yet 3 weeks later no reply.

Just shocking to be honest.

I want to order the wine package for our cruise on the 29th. Ring the Wine Line it says. What a joke. I’ve also been trying for a couple weeks now to ask for wheelchair information. It is beyond me how they can do business like this. 

I've got a small matter to speak to them about - it'd take all of 2 mins for someone to do but its a nightmare trying to get through.

Rang this morning at 08:30 - got the queue time of '15 mins'. I waited 1h 45m before giving up.

If I could do what I need to do on the site, I would, and then I wouldn't be blocking the phoneline for someone else.

I'll certaintly look at trying that number mentioned about, thanks for the tip Terri! 🙂

Same for me. Basically get a message saying they are busy try again later, I also been trying to get the onboard share holder credit for the Britannia cruise on the 25th September 2021 since the middle of June by telephone and email but no success.

Totally pathetic

Communication with P&O is pathetic at present. You only have to look at any social media site to see the long list of complaints about phones not being answered and emails or PMs just being ignored.

Such a complete lack of any customer service will lose them bookings in the end. People will only tolerate it for so long then just get fed up and book with another line in future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kentishfred said:

Same for me. Basically get a message saying they are busy try again later, I also been trying to get the onboard share holder credit for the Britannia cruise on the 25th September 2021 since the middle of June by telephone and email but no success.

Totally pathetic

I've been trying to get the share holder credit for our cruise on the 29th August, sent at least 3 messages still no response.  I'll be going to the loyalty desk if it doesn't come through, but I expect they'll say that it can only be actioned via e-mail to head office!

27 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

I've been trying to get the share holder credit for our cruise on the 29th August, sent at least 3 messages still no response.  I'll be going to the loyalty desk if it doesn't come through, but I expect they'll say that it can only be actioned via e-mail to head office!

Same here, sent several e-mails the first immediately after balance payment in early July, always get the standard response that it may take longer than usual, which used to be about 24hrs, then nothing. Just tried messenger, so let's hope that gets a reply.

Edited by terrierjohn

2 hours ago, thornegirl said:

I'm surprised about that. I applied for share holder credit for our March cruise at the begiining of July, and everything was sorted out within 5 days.    

39 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Doesn't this whole tread yet again prove the point that booking via a good TA is far less stressful than booking direct.

That booking was with a TA, the one from Derbyshire, but they've had no success either.  I don't know what else to do. I know its only £60 shareholder benefit, but £60 is better than nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Are you using the right email

shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Yes, that's the one I've used.  You normally get an acknowledgment of them receiving the email and then a second email some days later confirming it's been added to your account.  This time nothing.

Had it for the Iona maiden

13 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Yes, that's the one I've used.  You normally get an acknowledgment of them receiving the email and then a second email some days later confirming it's been added to your account.  This time nothing.

Had it for the Iona maiden

Sounds like your original email didn't go through if you didn't get the auto reply.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Sounds like your original email didn't go through if you didn't get the auto reply.

I have had 3 auto replies but nothing else, my TA has had no amended booking statement, and no response from a request either. It's as though P&O have dropped through a black hole.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I have had 3 auto replies but nothing else, my TA has had no amended booking statement, and no response from a request either. It's as though P&O have dropped through a black hole.

I must have been lucky !

Not only did we get our obc for our March  cruise, but our request for obc for our Princess cruise in October,  which I included in our original email,  was forwarded to Princess and has been applied to our booking.

Seems like a recent glitch in the system.

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

So it's not only me then, I was beginning to think I wasn't doing things correctly.  What has happened to their usually good customer service, you can't run a business with after sales service like this. Lots of complaints about this on one social media site.

1 hour ago, thornegirl said:

So it's not only me then, I was beginning to think I wasn't doing things correctly.  What has happened to their usually good customer service, you can't run a business with after sales service like this. Lots of complaints about this on one social media site.

No it’s not only you Thornegirl, we sent email with info and redactions,

over three weeks ago.  No auto response. Will try again this week.

Terri