In You Opinion, is the Club World Owners Suite worth the experience vs. the price?

ChucktownSteve

1 hour ago, mwf7501 said:

Does anyone know yet if the Onward stateroom layouts will be identical to the existing AZ ships?   In particular I am wondering if the comments in this thread about CWs on deck 6-vs-7-vs-8 will also apply to Onward.

I've never cruised AZ, but my sense is that the interior and exterior footprints of CWs across the three existing ships are identical, although some features may vary (eg the bathroom layout on Pursuit CWs seems better).  I guess I'm questioning if the R-ships were truly identical when built, or if the AZ refit of Onward will make the question moot.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.  

As Phil says the footprint of the CW suites are the same across all the R ships, we’ve had these on Quest, Pursuit and Ocean Princess so a scattering across the ships. The main difference between Pursuit and Journey/Quest is as you say the bathroom layout, we preferred Pursuit but I know not everyone will agree. Main advantage of Pursuit is it goes back to the original layout of having a guest toilet as well as having a toilet in the bathroom, yes the bathtubs been removed but the shower was good and having two toilets is a definite advantage. 
Pursuit had a more subtle decor as well, I’ve a few pictures, the first is of Journeys CO suite post refit the others are Pursuits deck 6 CW suite.AAC2F773-CA85-4BF5-9046-A07C88EE709D.thumb.jpeg.aac1ec59e199d5d3ea2dadb4e9bbc8fb.jpeg

6AE80F7B-C16F-4418-AEA6-73C7514EE7AD.thumb.jpeg.69fabee75b74765251d549eff45a677b.jpeg

D2273664-4D38-4601-9733-2285A681AFDF.thumb.jpeg.ddf0d4d02bf658b28347c35a056ef963.jpeg

DDB18D82-EA2E-4B60-B8E5-07EDED25552F.thumb.jpeg.44696f31c50a65205e12f30092826958.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were in an Owners cabins for the Nov 19 crossing.   It was quiet for the first part of the sailing then a passenger took ill so the Captain  had to sail at full speed for the remainder of the sailing.   The vibration and rattles were extreme.   Kept putting pieces of cardboard, paper in the rattling areas and other pieces of paper had already been put in places by prior passengers.

Cabin itself is very nice at normal cruising speeds, but bring earplugs if you are not already deaf.   My husband has a severe hearing loss but this kept him awake at night.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, PAtravelbug said:

Older thread but maybe someone is still watching it - May I ask if the sofas in either the Club Owners or Club World are pull outs?  I travel with my dad, so a separate bed is a must.  I cannot seem to find this information.

No, the sofas are not convertible.  I was on one cruise and the occupants of the CW suite actually had a bed from another cabin set up in the living room behind the sofa to accommodate mum. Also note that only the starboard side beds in the bedroom will actually split. Those on the port side are.one big bed and can't be split. 

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, mellyHedge said:

Thanks all for the suggestion. I also booked the Club World Owner's Suite on deck 6. We also leaned towards a suite because we're brining our daughter (she will be 9 when we do the cruise). 

Well, you've just set the bar high for all future family vacations!!!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Well, you've just set the bar high for all future family vacations!!!

Well I recently moved my Club World Owner's Suite from the May 2023 Venice embarkation to a Caribbean Club World Owner's Suite embarking December 2024. Not only did they move the port 2.5 hrs away but I found the Business class airfare to be $9K!!!  Not a good combination. Plus it's only a 4 hour drive to the POM.

Guess I'll just have to wait to experience the best AZ has. "=)

Edited by ChucktownSteve

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Well I recently moved my Club World Owner's Suite from the May 2023 Venice embarkation to a Caribbean Club World Owner's Suite embarking December 2024. Not only did they move the port 2.5 hrs away but I found the Business class airfare to be $9K!!!  Not a good combination. Plus it's only a 4 hour drive to the POM.

I thought of you recently because there has been quite a bit of interesting info on here about the CW suites on Onward.  They are different from other ships.  There is a tub shower combo that I Do not like.  See what you think.  I think it’s on the cabin threads.  Lots of pics.  Go back to post #978 and look ahead.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

I thought of you recently because there has been quite a bit of interesting info on here about the CW suites on Onward.  They are different from other ships.  There is a tub shower combo that I Do not like.  See what you think.  I think it’s on the cabin threads.  Lots of pics.  Go back to post #978 and look ahead.

Thankx,  I can do a tub/shower but usually prefer no tub.  However I did take a bath on our Regent cruise in May so we'll see.  Don't worry, I didn't ask the butler to scrub my back. roflmao

There was no tub on our September Regent cruise. However their bathrooms are much larger and nicer than Azamara.  I hate AZ's small showers.  But I don't select a sailing based upon the bathroom. lol

3 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Thankx,  I can do a tub/shower but usually prefer no tub.  However I did take a bath on our Regent cruise in May so we'll see.  Don't worry, I didn't ask the butler to scrub my back. roflmao

There was no tub on our September Regent cruise. However their bathrooms are much larger and nicer than Azamara.  I hate AZ's small showers.  But I don't select a sailing based upon the bathroom. lol

This is a tub shower combo that has a door to open and close, like an accessible tub many elderly have in their homes.  I have never seen anything like that on a cruise ship.  I could care less about a tub, but want the really nice shower that I thought CW suites had!   Not that we will probably ever be in a CW!  Just thought you would want to know.  Not every CW is like that however so you would have to see if the one you booked is like that.

26 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

This is a tub shower combo that has a door to open and close, like an accessible tub many elderly have in their homes.  I have never seen anything like that on a cruise ship.  I could care less about a tub, but want the really nice shower that I thought CW suites had!   Not that we will probably ever be in a CW!  Just thought you would want to know.  Not every CW is like that however so you would have to see if the one you booked is like that.

I appreciate that very much since I haven't been following that thread.    Nice of you to think of me. We'll be in 7119

That is quite a unique bath/shower combo!  The balcony is incredible in size.  Disappointed in the quality of the liquor in the top suite though.  I consider those bottom shelf.  I had those in an AZ V1.  All the suites in Regent get top shelf.  BTW that's every cabin.   I had three different ltrs on our last two cruises. 

I was lucky to book three Regent cruises during the height of the pandemic so their suites for the same Square Footage were actually less per person per night than Celebrity suites at the time. But at that time Regent also included so much more for less.  Now that their small ships are sailing booked, its not so easy to find as good pricing.

I expect we'll have a good time on Azamara and the itinerary includes my liquor run port to Saint Maarten. I've been buying from the same company for over 20 years and always get a great price on my Blue.

I know I will enjoy the AZ suite.  But it would be nice if AZ stepped up

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I appreciate that very much since I haven't been following that thread.    Nice of you to think of me. 

That is quite a unique bath/shower combo!  The balcony is incredible in size.  Disappointed in the quality of the liquor in the top suite though.  I consider those bottom shelf.  I had those in an AZ V1.  All the suites in Regent get top shelf.  BTW that's every cabin.   I had three different ltrs on our last two cruises. 

I was lucky to book three Regent cruises during the height of the pandemic so their suites for the same Square Footage were actually less per person per night than Celebrity suites at the time. But at that time Regent also included so much more for less.  Now that their small ships are sailing booked, its not so easy to find as good pricing.

I expect we'll have a good time on Azamara and the itinerary includes my liquor run port to Saint Maarten. I've been buying from the same company for over 20 years and always get a great price on my Blue.

I know I will enjoy the AZ suite.  But it would be nice if AZ stepped up

Regent is consciously (and loudly) a Luxury line.  Azamara is Upper Premium.  I just watched an Oceania travel agent webinar (thanks to a link posted on the Oceania forum), and even they don't compare themselves to Regent.  

You won't find Azamara matching Regent's offerings in cabin size or included liquor (or 'free' shore excursions) – but I don't find Regent coming close to  Azamara on itineraries, and every time I have priced out a Regent cruise their prices have been far higher than Azamara, Oceania or even Silversea (another truly Luxury line).  

Your analysis of the trade-offs may vary but IMHO you are paying dearly for those cabins and the top-shelf liquor, and not even going to the interesting places I want to go.  

26 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Regent is consciously (and loudly) a Luxury line.  Azamara is Upper Premium.  I just watched an Oceania travel agent webinar (thanks to a link posted on the Oceania forum), and even they don't compare themselves to Regent.  

You won't find Azamara matching Regent's offerings in cabin size or included liquor (or 'free' shore excursions) – but I don't find Regent coming close to  Azamara on itineraries, and every time I have priced out a Regent cruise their prices have been far higher than Azamara, Oceania or even Silversea (another truly Luxury line).  

Your analysis of the trade-offs may vary but IMHO you are paying dearly for those cabins and the top-shelf liquor, and not even going to the interesting places I want to go.  

I totally agree. Had I not gotten that incredible price with two suite upgrade including all the extras I would not have booked as I indicated in my previous post comparing price to Celebrity.

The AZ owners suite is not cheap either.  I don't consider Stoli or JW red to be of the caliber they should give the occupants, when you can go to any bar and get Grey Goose or JW Black with the liquor package included with the higher price AZ veranda or suite.  I even had the same situation with the plus veranda V1: cheap liquor in the cabin but better at the bar. That's not logical.  I asked the cabin attendant if he could switch out the red for black.  He checked and said I would have to give him the four free little bottles to get one black of the same size.  So I gave them away to people but walked to the bar to get my black at no extra charge.

What I hope Sycamore realizes that RCG didn't is there are some things that are a high customer perceived value with a low out of pocket cost that justifies their higher fare. It's about perception.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

1 minute ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I totally agree. Had I not gotten that incredible price with two suite upgrade including all the extras I would not have booked as I indicated in my previous post comparing price to Celebrity.

The AZ owners suite is not cheap either.  I don't consider Stoli or JW red to be of the caliber they should give the occupants, when you can go to any bar and get Grey Goose or JW Black with the liquor package given with the higher price AZ veranda or suite.  I even had the same situation with the plus veranda V1: cheap liquor in the cabin but better at the bar. That's not logical.

What I hope Sycamore realizes that RCG didn't is there are some things that are a high customer perceived value with a low out of pocket cost that justifies their higher fare. It's about perception.

Don't forget that you aren't limited to the standard offerings.  In a CW this fall the Butler showed us a liquor menu and asked me to pick two.  I agree, they were all 'well brands.'  So I said "I only drink gin, and I don't drink either of these brands."  He asked what I wanted, and soon after delivered the requested Hendricks.  And not a small bottle, but a full Liter!  I enjoyed some of it during the cruise, and then passed the bottle on to a couple we met who were doing a b2b.  So ask your Butler for JW Black or whatever your real favorite is.

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Don't forget that you aren't limited to the standard offerings.  In a CW this fall the Butler showed us a liquor menu and asked me to pick two.  I agree, they were all 'well brands.'  So I said "I only drink gin, and I don't drink either of these brands."  He asked what I wanted, and soon after delivered the requested Hendricks.  And not a small bottle, but a full Liter!  I enjoyed some of it during the cruise, and then passed the bottle on to a couple we met who were doing a b2b.  So ask your Butler for JW Black or whatever your real favorite is.

Thankx. I always ask because the worst they can say is no.  I'm glad that might be an option.  My real favorite is Blue or Platinum but I wouldn't expect that to be included so my everyday is Black which I can live with. 😁

I'm looking forward to going back to Oceania again. I was pleased with our experience on the O class ship.

3 minutes ago, Gardendog said:

Is that a fact, do the upper level suites on Azamara include the ultimate beverage package in the fare?

No, we're talking about the liquor bottles that are offered for use in the suite.

ChucktownSteve wrote:

“. . ..JW red to be of the caliber they should give the occupants, when you can go to any bar and get Grey Goose or JW Black with theliquor package included with the higher price AZ veranda or suite.  I even had the same situation with the plus veranda V1: cheapliquor in the cabin but better at the bar. That's not logical”

I did not think the upper level drink package was included. It does not say so on their website. Might have been in the past.

yes, Jazzbeau, I understand that you were discussing the liquor in the cabin.

DH also switched his out, both in an “upper level cabin” and in a CC. He got something he actually drinks.

5 minutes ago, Gardendog said:

I did not think the upper level drink package was included. It does not say so on their website. Might have been in the past.

Apparently my reading skills are under a cloud today.  I missed Steve's mention of an offer to trade 4 little bottles for one little good one – but that must have been a while back because they haven't been stocking the 4 little bottles for a while now (supply chain issues – literally, because glassmaking takes so much energy and energy prices in Europe are sky high; not worth it to make little bottles any more...) – and I also missed the part about drink package included.

So to clarify with just my own experience:  when we booked our October 2022 cruise the promotion included the Premium beverage package [I think for all levels of cabin], but when we were able to upgrade from CO to CW the promotion no longer did.  I don't recall ever seeing that CO/CW suites got a beverage package thrown in unless it was part of a general promotion for everybody.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Apparently my reading skills are under a cloud today.  I missed Steve's mention of an offer to trade 4 little bottles for one little good one – but that must have been a while back because they haven't been stocking the 4 little bottles for a while now (supply chain issues – literally, because glassmaking takes so much energy and energy prices in Europe are sky high; not worth it to make little bottles any more...) – and I also missed the part about drink package included.

So to clarify with just my own experience:  when we booked our October 2022 cruise the promotion included the Premium beverage package [I think for all levels of cabin], but when we were able to upgrade from CO to CW the promotion no longer did.  I don't recall ever seeing that CO/CW suites got a beverage package thrown in unless it was part of a general promotion for everybody.

My cruise was 12/10/2021 (13 Nights) on Quest with a P1 - CLUB VERANDA PLUS solo.

10 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

My cruise was 12/10/2021 (13 Nights) on Quest with a P1 - CLUB VERANDA PLUS solo.

So pre-Ukraine (small bottle issue).  But good news (to me at least; probably I wasn't paying attention again) that the PLUS cabins also get the liquor bennie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So pre-Ukraine (small bottle issue).  But good news (to me at least; probably I wasn't paying attention again) that the PLUS cabins also get the liquor bennie.

Maybe, maybe not now.   It really depends upon what Sycamore does. Perhaps someone who's recently/currently been in a PLUS cabin can clarify

4 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I just went back through this entire thread and realized that we got sidetracked so early that you didn't really get your original question answered, although I sense that you are satisfied.  Anyway, my take is that the CW suites on Azamara [with the exception of the oddball accessible tub configuration on Onward] are the most enjoyable cabins we have had on any cruise.  

And I think I would enjoy it even more on a Caribbean itinerary because I would be tempted never to leave the ship.  [Hallmark made 1 Christmas movie, 100 times.  God made 1 Caribbean island, 100 times...  🤣]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1