Any air freshener or "perfume" smell in Carnival cabins?

Zhaan

I'm extremely sensitive to air fresheners and perfumes. Has anyone noticed if Carnival has any of those types of smells in the cabins? It would be great if another sensitive person has cruised and can answer because a lot of times an air freshener with bother me and my husband won't even notice it. I can handle smells right after cleaning as long as they dissipate, but for example, Hilton owned hotels like Hampton Inn have air fresheners in their HVAC and all the rooms smell. It makes me feel sick to breathe that in all night while sleeping.

Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

🙄

2 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

🙄

Right back at ya. 
If someone is sensitive to fragrances, it stands to reason they may be sensitive to other sickly odors. 
We done now?

2 hours ago, Zhaan said:

I'm extremely sensitive to air fresheners and perfumes. Has anyone noticed if Carnival has any of those types of smells in the cabins? It would be great if another sensitive person has cruised and can answer because a lot of times an air freshener with bother me and my husband won't even notice it. I can handle smells right after cleaning as long as they dissipate, but for example, Hilton owned hotels like Hampton Inn have air fresheners in their HVAC and all the rooms smell. It makes me feel sick to breathe that in all night while sleeping.

Thanks in advance!

We've never encountered any smells like you're describing. If you do, try this. Ask your cabin steward to bring a bowl roughly the size of a soup bowl with fresh unused coffee grounds in it. The coffee grounds will absorb the odors. However, it may make your cabin smell like coffee, if that's acceptable.

• Like 1

On my last cruise, over 6 years ago, I stayed in a spa cabin. I remember a nice "linen" smell. I don't know what was used, but it didn't bother me, as I too, am sensitive to scents like perfume, cologne, air freshner, etc.Perhaps someone else, who has stayed in  a spa cabin will know about what this linen smell is. 

• Like 1

We were on the Miracle 8/10 - 8/17.  The bathroom in our cabin had a very strong smell of men's cologne, and we were both getting nauseated.  I don't know if the previous guests had spilled it or if it was the stewards attempt to cover up other odors.   It smelled like someone spilled a bottle of the stuff on the floor.   We asked our stateroom steward if he could try washing the floor while we were out of the room to see if it would help.  He suggestion that he could get some spray to cover it up.   We had to convince him that we didn't want any additional odors in the room.   The room smelled quite a bit better when we returned a couple hours later, but it still took a couple days for the odor dissipate.  

• Like 1