Question about The Haven/NCL Prima/kids

basil92008

I haven't been on a NCL ship since my honeymoon in 2008, so all this about The Haven is new to me 🙂

I am considering booking a trip in July 2023 on NCL Prima from Rekyavik to Southhampton. My 2 kids will be age 9 and 12 at that time. I'm trying to decide whether or not to pay the extra money for a Haven 2 bedroom villa vs a non-Haven family suite. The price difference is substantial, but I am not a very patient person and I don't love crowds (even pre-COVID).  So being in a less crowded restaurant, having a bar to go to that is not crowded, getting on/off the ship quickly, and not having to jockey for space outside to watch the scenery sounds appealing. 

But reading/watching some Youtube reviews, it seems like the Haven sundeck on the Prima is limited to 16+? Is there another outdoor place where Haven passengers of all ages can go to avoid crowds? Or will the benefit then just be the restaurant and butler service? With that itinerary we won't be swimming/sunbathing but it would be nice to be able to see the ship come into port, etc. 

Anything else I should be aware of? Sorry if these are silly questions!

The Haven pool area has always been open to everyone and all ages and that includes children.  The Haven does have adults only sundecks that are not near the pool area.  The pool area on Prima looks incredible and I think that is going to be the hot spot.  

All of this is speculation since the Prima has not launched yet.  But on the most recent ships, only the Haven sundeck was 16 and over.  The pool area was open to everyone.  I think you will be fine if you stick near the pool.

• Like 1

As it has been already been said, nobody really knows anything about the Prima but there is a terrific thread started and it seems those folks know more than NCL:classic_laugh:

Edited by JIMESOPUS

• 1 year later...

Did anyone ever determine the answer to the question -- whether Haven would have a sundeck (outdoor area) where kids would be allowed?  Significant factor and one that seems ridiculous considering the Vibe is an adults only area. No one goes on vacation to be stuck in a courtyard pool area.