Telehealth Testing with BinaxNOW

9 minutes ago, AustinCruise said:

The same remote proctored ones?  Or the standard ones that look similar that I can get at the local grocery?

Yep, the proctored ones. The Binaxnow Ag Card ones which use the Navica App.

Gosh, just when I thought I read up on everything about this home testing and was ready to get it done very early tomorrow, I read that e-med time stamp’s the results in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), which is 8 hrs behind us.  So, this means I’d have to do this after 8:00 a.m. in order to get it date/time stamped on Wednesday, yes?  (Instead of sometime before midnight on Tuesday if I were to do this before 8:00 a.m.?)  We sail on Friday.  

10 hours ago, patcacmt said:

Gosh, just when I thought I read up on everything about this home testing and was ready to get it done very early tomorrow, I read that e-med time stamp’s the results in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), which is 8 hrs behind us.  So, this means I’d have to do this after 8:00 a.m. in order to get it date/time stamped on Wednesday, yes?  (Instead of sometime before midnight on Tuesday if I were to do this before 8:00 a.m.?)  We sail on Friday.  

We did our test on thanksgiving morning at 8am EST and our results show that time and date as specimen collected

10 hours ago, patcacmt said:

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), which is 8 hrs behind us.  So, this means I’d have to do this after 8:00 a.m. in order to get it date/time stamped on Wednesday, yes?  

Assuming you are in California, UTC is not 8 hrs behind you. UTC is 8 hours ahead of you.

Also, your test results show both UTC and your local time.

15 hours ago, killsport said:

Anyone in FL recently order the eMed 6 pack? If so, what was your test’s expiration date?

thanks!

Both eMed and Optum are now letting you know pre-purchase that kits you purchase now could have an expiration as early as the first few days of February. Don't order the kits too far in advance no matter what other people are posting about their expiration dates, lot numbers, extension, FDA letter, three months, etc. etc. etc. All that is irrelevant noise now that the sellers are being more up front about what you may get.

That is what happened to us. Our September's kits were expiring in January. Ones we ordered in October expire on Dec 21!!! It is 1 day short from our next cruise.

I have a question though. We noticed that time on our results in September was 3 (or more?) hours later than we actually had test. Maybe due to different time zones. What if we have test at 10-11 PM on expiration date and our test is timed 3 hours later which is date we need? Will this work?

3 hours ago, Tatka said:

That is what happened to us. Our September's kits were expiring in January. Ones we ordered in October expire on Dec 21!!! It is 1 day short from our next cruise.

I have a question though. We noticed that time on our results in September was 3 (or more?) hours later than we actually had test. Maybe due to different time zones. What if we have test at 10-11 PM on expiration date and our test is timed 3 hours later which is date we need? Will this work?

In case it helps you, I looked up our results from testing a little after midnight in the same time zone as our 10/30/21 cruise. (Both were US Eastern time: CT Testing; Miami Cruise.) 

The report when Viewed or printed from the NAVICA app showed:

«Specimen Collected: October 28, 2021,12:05 AM EDT/ Result Reported: October 28, 2021,12:27 AM EDT»

The Report that was emailed as an attachment from eMed showed:

NEGATIVE results 10/28/21 04:27:55 UTC

Since we don’t know what time zone the tests expiration uses, I would test earlier in the day if you need to wait to test on the actual expiration date. I would not want to risk that the Navica proctor’s scanner is programmed to expire the test kit based on UTC.

Edited by JaneStarr
Website messed up quote
  • Thanks 1