Online Check In Using RC Application

TomSC

Hello.

I plan on using the RC App for the online check in.  It will be my first time.  The instructions seem straightforward enough, yet I'm looking to avoid the inevitable costly mistake.  Are there any pitfalls to avoid?  Do I need a photograph, or will the app take my picture at that time?  What other documents, other than the passport, should I have with me during the online check in?  I will have my reservation number and sailing dates.  What else?

Thank you in advance.

Tom SC

20 minutes ago, TomSC said:

What other documents, other than the passport, should I have with me during the online check in?  I will have my reservation number and sailing dates.  What else?

Thank you in advance.

Tom SC

Passport info and credit card info.   

• Like 2

Loving GREAT, simple threads like these - and there have been a few lately - where questions are answered in terms and steps that first-timers can easily understand.

My last Royal Caribbean cruise was in 2012 on Allure of the Seas, and I haven’t really been active on Cruise Critic since 2013, so I too truly appreciate getting beneficial information from all of you seasoned Royals on “how-to” do everything from Royal apps and pre-boarding check-in to making on-line/onboard reservations.

My cruise is just over 100 days away, and I check CC daily now, several times a day, as well as read a well known Royal Caribbean blog and various cruise news sites. Trying to stay on top of all of these Covid protocol changes, while still making sure you do the simple things pre-cruise, can be challenging for those of us who have been away for a while.

You have all been fantastic. 🙂

I have an additional question related to the Check-In using the RC App.

Can I check my wife in at the same time using my RC App?  Or does she have to check in using her RC App?

Thank you.

I checked in using my laptop because check-in opened on RCI's website before it opened in the app. 

I am using the app now to check whether an earlier time opened up for arrival time.

Nothing to it.

5 minutes ago, TomSC said:

Can I check my wife in at the same time using my RC App?  Or does she have to check in using her RC App?

All 5 of us are showing up in the app for me to check in. My parents are in a different cabin, but our reservations are linked. So, yes, you can complete check-in for both of you at the same time.

9 minutes ago, TomSC said:

I have an additional question related to the Check-In using the RC App.

Thank you.

Yes, you can. Once you are on board however the app itself will only link to your individual on board account. We just got off of Allure on Sunday, and when I used the app it would only show my folio account activity. I had to log out and log back in as my wife to see hers. One other thing about on board use - if you use the app to book anything, it will automatically add the costs to your individual folio. DW wanted to treat me to dinner in one of the specialty restaurants, but made the reservation from the app logged in as me. I got the bill🙄. They weren't asking for sea pass cards at the restaurants (contactless requirements I guess), so the bill automatically goes to whomever made the reservation.

Thank you again for this thread. Check-in this morning for my December cruise could not have been easier and stress-free. Scanned my passport, took my check-in picture, and got a 1pm boarding time! 

Better yet, with today also having been final payment date, I saved over $1250 with all of the recent price drops and moved up to a sweet amidships stateroom with a huge extended balcony!

Plus, I have all my specialty dining, drink, and internet packages book, 

This is going to be fantastic!!!

:)

3 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

Thank you again for this thread. Check-in this morning for my December cruise could not have been easier and stress-free. Scanned my passport, took my check-in picture, and got a 1pm boarding time! 

Better yet, with today also having been final payment date, I saved over $1250 with all of the recent price drops and moved up to a sweet amidships stateroom with a huge extended balcony!

Plus, I have all my specialty dining, drink, and internet packages book, 

This is going to be fantastic!!!

🙂

Keep checking for price drops.  With the new Cruise With Confidence program you can apply for price drops in the way of getting onboard credit up to 48hrs before you sail!!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Keep checking for price drops.  With the new Cruise With Confidence program you can apply for price drops in the way of getting onboard credit up to 48hrs before you sail!!!

Before, with all of those great price drops, they just refunded the money back to my card. But, as you said,  from today forward it will be OBC. Which is fine with me too. 

YAY!

🙂

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 1

One other thing about check-in, is that I still haven’t received an email (as the app indicated I would), but it is still early in the day. I just used the date the app said check-in would be available, woke up this morning at 7am, and boom, there it was…easy peasy. 

81F4B4ED-9E9E-4D05-B3E3-6AACE73B948F.jpeg

57 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

Does anyone know if those with the Key can check-in and board before their scheduled time?

I don't recall any reports of that specifically, but the strictness of check in time is likely to wane with time - some have reported being able to check in right away despite a much later check in time.