Re: Nieuw Amsterdam Neptune Suites

southernshug

The staterooms mirror image each other for ease of plumbing. If you look at the deckplan, the position of the door opening will help with which direction the bed faces. In Neptune and Signature Suites the couch will face the opposite direction of the bed. In Verandah Staterooms, the couch will face the same direction. We try to choose a stateroom based on the direction the couch faces which is nice for relaxing on sea days.

Do you have a question regarding a particular stateroom?

3 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

The staterooms mirror image each other for ease of plumbing. If you look at the deckplan, the position of the door opening will help with which direction the bed faces. In Neptune and Signature Suites the couch will face the opposite direction of the bed. In Verandah Staterooms, the couch will face the same direction. We try to choose a stateroom based on the direction the couch faces which is nice for relaxing on sea days.

Do you have a question regarding a particular stateroom?

Yes I do.....for 7071 and 7061

3 minutes ago, southernshug said:

Yes I do.....for 7071 and 7061

Both are on the starboard side. SA7061 will have the bed facing forward/couch facing aft and SA7071 will have the bed facing aft/couch facing forward.

1 minute ago, Heartgrove said:

Both are on the starboard side. SA7061 will have the bed facing forward/couch facing aft and SA7071 will have the bed facing aft/couch facing forward.

Thank you. We are currently in 7071 but I see that 7061 is open. Wondering if its worth it to move to the neptune lounge? Its our first time on HAL and I don't know how intrusive the elevators are? Any idea?

Considering really only Neptune Suite guests would access the 6 elevators on that deck at midship, these would be the least accessed elevators. I would not book the suites directly adjacent because of lack of privacy on the balcony, but one away from the lifts should be OK. With the more central location you'd be more likely to stop by the Neptune Lounge for a nosh!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, southernshug said:

Thank you. We are currently in 7071 but I see that 7061 is open. Wondering if its worth it to move to the neptune lounge? Its our first time on HAL and I don't know how intrusive the elevators are? Any idea?

Stop! Late in the day for me. I reversed the directions of the beds and couches for the two staterooms!

I just looked at our cruise log that we keep. We were in SA7065 aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam to Alaska in 2016. That had the bed facing aft like SA7061.

The Neptune Lounge is further forward in the next section but it is only a few feet difference to walk 7061 vs 7071. The elevators will not make a difference as you are on the "Rotterdam" deck so less passengers due to the number of suites in that area. The deckplan SA7061 does show a closet/storage space across from it. Solid wall is shown by SA7071.

You will enjoy the Neptune Suite. I probably would choose either one. Pictures are our 7065.

P1020165.thumb.JPG.653bb80920aa3d6c9779fadaabd08c31.JPG

P1020199.thumb.JPG.682aff51394baa943c20331abd595ece.JPG

P1020167.thumb.JPG.6f6efd8359a419bf9ff0947ba6f9e32e.JPG

Edited by Heartgrove

I use https://www.cruisedeckplans.com and from there you can see the placement of the door, and then assume the placement of the bathroom, and the bed is typically on the same side of the room as the bathroom. Larger Suites may not follow that - but the ones I have been in do. 

The CruiseDeckPlan site also has photographs/videos of some/many rooms

You can also see connecting doors - which some people dislike - due to reduced noise suppression. 

• Like 1