Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

6 hours ago, jbreitlow said:

What ship and sale date?  $1300 is basically the minimum bid for 2 people right now on my cruise.

March 5th on the Joy. The minimum bid for a Haven Penthouse was less than that for ours, and it would have been highly possible that we could have moved up for a bit less, but rather than sit on pins and needles, I spent the extra $200 or so.

Our cruise on the Encore is set to sail in 6 days. Today when I logged in to NCL, the "Let's get you upgraded" banner was missing. We had bids placed on 3 room types, but still no email except the one that confirmed our bids. Last week they had already moved our room due to our selected room/deck being designated as the quarantine area....from interior to OV room (but a bad area of the ship - extreme forward). We would have preferred simply being moved to another interior room but weren't notified or given a choice.

My question is, since the upgrade banner is now missing, does this mean we didn't get an upgrade bid? Does NCL send an upgrade-rejection email?

2 minutes ago, Carolina.girl said:

Our cruise on the Encore is set to sail in 6 days. Today when I logged in to NCL, the "Let's get you upgraded" banner was missing. We had bids placed on 3 room types, but still no email except the one that confirmed our bids. Last week they had already moved our room due to our selected room/deck being designated as the quarantine area....from interior to OV room (but a bad area of the ship - extreme forward). We would have preferred simply being moved to another interior room but weren't notified or given a choice.

My question is, since the upgrade banner is now missing, does this mean we didn't get an upgrade bid? Does NCL send an upgrade-rejection email?

I think with the staff cuts on all of the cruise lines, all bets are off with respect to what you should expect regarding communication.  I've had to check every single detail on my reservations multiple times because things are getting lost in the shuffle.  Having said that, the only rejection letter that I ever received came on the sail date.  We were doing a B2B, and our butler from the first leg was kind enough to extend his services on a lesser level after we moved to our balcony.  He was the best! Good luck!

19 minutes ago, Carolina.girl said:

Check your credit card statement to see if you were charged for the upgrade. I've read on here that that's the first indication of if you won a bid.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:19 AM, Hutcha said:

Yeah, I do that. It's running $16K for 2 people. I was asking if anyone has seen what the going bid for an upgrade is. I see a lot of  talk about poor to fair bids getting accepted, and I was wondering where successful DOS bids have landed. 

I have been following this thread for a few weeks and I don't recall anyone upgrading to a DOS.  Since there are so few of them I think they may often get booked up by people going the full-price route so there is no inventory for upgrades.

1 hour ago, Carolina.girl said:

You can check using this link:

https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/

just need your name and reservation number.  If you see something like expired next to some of them (or gone completely), you didn’t get those.  Usually if you see either something like pending or processing next to the remaining one, it’s a good sign you probably got it. 

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

I have been following this thread for a few weeks and I don't recall anyone upgrading to a DOS.  Since there are so few of them I think they may often get booked up by people going the full-price route so there is no inventory for upgrades.

True, but there's still one available on my cruise in 2/12 weeks 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hutcha said:

True, but there's still one available on my cruise in 2/12 weeks 🤞

Hope you get it, I have been watching the DOS for you, we have two x  2 beds and do not want to spend anymore as need to upgrade (fingers crossed) for our second cruise on 6 March (22 Haven rooms left on that cruise) - see you in the bar, my names Sharon and I am travelling with my husband Billy, father Ken and daughter Paige. 

Edited by kenzie
additional info
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, toryandrew said:

So does pending mean you got it? 

No, all your bids should show pending and if you are awarded an upgrade it will show processing. The rest of the bids should show expired and it won’t let you change any bids.

16 minutes ago, mmgibbs7 said:

No, all your bids should show pending and if you are awarded an upgrade it will show processing. The rest of the bids should show expired and it won’t let you change any bids.

I got an upgrade a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty sure that at one point all of my bids were Expired except for the one that I eventually got which was Pending.

2 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

I got an upgrade a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty sure that at one point all of my bids were Expired except for the one that I eventually got which was Pending.

Coincidence perhaps. All here report it changing to processing before it's accepted. It's pending from the day you bid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lilaw88 said:

My balcony bid says expired but my club balcony bid says processing.  I don't remember which credit card I used.  How may I check?  My sailing is on 2/18

Congrats! all indications say you got the upgrade

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, turtle tavern said:

Any upgrades accepted this week? We sail 2/19 and I'm patiently (maybe impatiently lol) waiting.

Turtle, most upgrades have been awarded the Monday or Tuesday prior to the sailing recently.  Example:  the 2/13 sailing of the Epic upgrades went out on 2/7.  I would guess this will probably continue until things get back to a more normal state.

On the Getaway 2/19 out of NYC. Upgraded today!! Over the moon. We were in a mid-ship club balcony and went to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse. First Haven cruising! Bid $750/pp which was in the poor category but closer to fair. We bid on this suite because there were a lot still available and it has a pull-out. Exciting stuff! 

12 minutes ago, cphodson said:

On the Getaway 2/19 out of NYC. Upgraded today!! Over the moon. We were in a mid-ship club balcony and went to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse. First Haven cruising! Bid $750/pp which was in the poor category but closer to fair. We bid on this suite because there were a lot still available and it has a pull-out. Exciting stuff! 

I am also on the Getaway 2/19. I was in inside on deck 5 and i got upgraded to the one of the oceanview cabins on the front of the ship on deck 13. I did the minimum bid. I kind of dont like being on the higher decks and that forward but oh well. i wish i can pick a specific area

• Like 2