Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

13 minutes ago, cphodson said:

On the Getaway 2/19 out of NYC. Upgraded today!! Over the moon. We were in a mid-ship club balcony and went to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse. First Haven cruising! Bid $750/pp which was in the poor category but closer to fair. We bid on this suite because there were a lot still available and it has a pull-out. Exciting stuff! 

congrats. if you need eggcrates for the sofa bed. ask. it was kinda miserable sleeping on it when i was on bliss. i had to have 3 layers before i could sleep decently. also it's very close to the ground. ask them to keep it open all week cause it's  a pain to make. 

bliss sofa bed open.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just got the notice about an hour ago that we won our upgrade bid for our 2/19 Escape cruise. We went from Club Balcony Suite (MA) to Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony (H6) for $750pp- which was not much over minimum bid (I think minimum was $650/p) and well within the 'poor' designation. VERY excited to try out the Haven, although the 2-bedroom is WAY more space than we need (just two of us). But we'll enjoy it!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lucinarei said:

Just got the notice about an hour ago that we won our upgrade bid for our 2/19 Escape cruise. We went from Club Balcony Suite (MA) to Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony (H6) for $750pp- which was not much over minimum bid (I think minimum was $650/p) and well within the 'poor' designation. VERY excited to try out the Haven, although the 2-bedroom is WAY more space than we need (just two of us). But we'll enjoy it!

That gives me hope, I am also on Escape 2/19. I'm in an aft balcony room and my bid is similar to yours. Fingers crossed!!! We booked a 2 bedroom Haven for our last cruise for just two of us and having the 2nd bathroom was very nice to have.

Edited by turtle tavern
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lucinarei said:

I am in a club balcony for Mexican riviera 6 March and bidding for the 2 bed starts at $1200pp, wonder why there is such a huge difference? None of the bidding for any haven is as low as your bid here, I cannot fathom it out why the bidding is so high for my cruise 

13 minutes ago, Lucinarei said:

👍 That is a fantastic suite!  And we loved the Escape last week.

Edited by Karaboudjan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kenzie said:

I am in a club balcony for Mexican riviera 6 March and bidding for the 2 bed starts at $1200pp, wonder why there is such a huge difference? None of the bidding for any haven is as low as your bid here, I cannot fathom it out why the bidding is so high for my cruise 

I just figured out when I do the bids on my iPad I can bid much lower than on my phone. The minimum bid is hundreds lower on the iPad for each upgrade. That’s strange.

1 hour ago, kenzie said:

It started out as $1600/p minimum bid but went down to $650/p a few weeks ago. There was a little red notice next to it that indicated it was a special price that would expire on Feb 17th. That happened again a few days later for the Haven Aft Balcony room, which went down to $450/p (I don't remember the original minimum). We actually put a larger bid in for that one, since the minimum was so low... but I guess the 2-bed was in the cards.

Put bids in on several rooms all in the poor (lowest price available on the slider) category.  Not really expecting anything as they were low bids and received an upgrade from level 15 standard balcony (BA) to Haven courtyard penthouse with balcony (HF). This is the Escape 2/19 trip and the poor bid was $600.

I guess I need to really read the Haven threads now to get up to speed. Lol

Joe

14 hours ago, kenzie said:

Does your cruise fall on a school vacation?  Or maybe more people are booking the 2-BR suite now that young kids are allowed?  The prices are generally related to availability.  Try a mock booking and see how many of those suites are available.  On my cruise at least 2/3 of them were un-booked prior to the bids being processed and the minimum bids were fairly low.  They even had a 'sale' and reduced the minimum at one point.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Does your cruise fall on a school vacation?  Or maybe more people are booking the 2-BR suite now that young kids are allowed?  The prices are generally related to availability.  Try a mock booking and see how many of those suites are available.  On my cruise at least 2/3 of them were un-booked prior to the bids being processed and the minimum bids were fairly low.  They even had a 'sale' and reduced the minimum at one point.

Still 19 Haven rooms available. Four 2 beds available, and the prices aren't really high.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hutcha said:

Still 19 Haven rooms available. Four 2 beds available, and the prices aren't really high.

On my cruise there were 27 rooms available of which 17 were 2BR.  At one point the booking rate for the 2BR was reduced to around (IIRC) $3200 which was about the same as the single bed Haven cabins.

• Like 1

Oh what a journey!

Booked a guarantee Balcony on Dawn 2/20/22 cruise for $2500 after 10% FCC for 3 of us.

They wanted $500 more to pick a BA. Rolled the dice. They assigned a BA in December. WIN!

2 bedroom was running around $7K at the time.

They sent me the bid letter around 55 days and I watched for a few days and then they discounted the 2 bedrooms and Family suites.

Minimum bid for 2 bedroom was $600 and I bid $625(didn't move the needle).

Just looked and got the 2 bedroom!!!!😀

Price had dropped the last few weeks and could have paid $2k to upgrade and would have if they had a Haven. Wife said wait.

• Like 5

On 2/8/2022 at 3:07 PM, Karaboudjan said:

I got an upgrade a couple of weeks ago and I'm pretty sure that at one point all of my bids were Expired except for the one that I eventually got which was Pending.

We got it, two said expired then the one we got said pending 

I am booked for an interior on the Dawn for March 28th. I bid the minimum of $100pp for a balcony . I just noticed on a mock booking that it is around that much to book but I have already made the final payment . Any chance of just calling to upgrade or is that not possible since final payment has already been made? 

Edited by nm951

1 minute ago, nm951 said:

I am booked for an interior on the Jade for March 28th. I bid the minimum of $100pp for a balcony . I just noticed on a mock booking that it is around that much to book but I have already made the final payment . Any chance of just calling to upgrade or is that not possible since final payment has already been made? 

It depends on the booking.  You typically can't upgrade if the promos that you took are different (specifically the bogo airfare).  And the upgrade must cost more than what you paid for your current cabin.  But it never hurts to ask. 

Best to already know what you want to do - meaning "I want to upgrade to xxx" seems to be a better approach than just asking if you can upgrade.

And it's usually a one time deal, although if you upgrade, you will get another bid offer, based on your upgrade.

For the Bliss on 2/20  I officially got upgraded to the spa balcony for 140/person.  Looks like i over bid.  I also bid on spa club balcony and several of the haven suites.  I say I over bid because it looks like there are at least 15 spa balcony rooms still available.  I am wondering if I would have had a spa club balcony or haven room if I did not bid on a regular spa room.  I am sure they would take a lower bid from someone else to fill a better room since I also bid on lower rooms.  (For example.  If I bid 100 for a spa balcony and 200 for a spa club balcony, while person B only bid on a spa balcony at 175.  Person B gets the spa club balcony because NCL would make 275 instead of 200.) thoughts?

57 minutes ago, oregonian123 said:

Hi, we are now 70 days from our NCL Sky cruise. When do the Upgrade emails usually go out? We are booked through an NCL PCP. Thanks.  

Sometime around final payment for cruises with a 60 day FP date.  Once everything goes back to pre-covid timelines, only time will tell.  FP for my mid April cruise is later this week but I've already gotten bid offers after they got my payment.

3 hours ago, nm951 said:

I am booked for an interior on the Dawn for March 28th. I bid the minimum of $100pp for a balcony . I just noticed on a mock booking that it is around that much to book but I have already made the final payment . Any chance of just calling to upgrade or is that not possible since final payment has already been made? 

Yes. You should call. 

Hope I'm not repetitive, searched for answer, and couldn't find.

We are on a sailing April 2022.  Final payment completed.  Offered the option to upgrade.  If I submit bids, I realize the insurance costs go up, but are they based on what I currently paid for, + the bid amount that was accepted?

i.e.,  "admin fee" (for 2) we paid $3000, I bid/win $600 (for 2) for upgrade, now bringing our total base cost to $3600.  We already paid for  NCL Travel Insurance, but since we now were accepted for an upgrade, will the Travel Insurance now be recalculated on the new base cost of $3600?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, sunshine4me2 said:

Hope I'm not repetitive, searched for answer, and couldn't find.

We are on a sailing April 2022.  Final payment completed.  Offered the option to upgrade.  If I submit bids, I realize the insurance costs go up, but are they based on what I currently paid for, + the bid amount that was accepted?

i.e.,  "admin fee" (for 2) we paid $3000, I bid/win $600 (for 2) for upgrade, now bringing our total base cost to $3600.  We already paid for  NCL Travel Insurance, but since we now were accepted for an upgrade, will the Travel Insurance now be recalculated on the new base cost of $3600?

Thanks

I’d like to know more details on this as well. I recall seeing something about added costs that are part of the upgrade (increased Haven gratuities, insurance) will be added to the bid, and am wondering how they’re calculated. It can’t be much more for insurance, I would presume.