Sapphire Princess 2022 deployment?!

hapster85

29 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It's especially hard as many (most?) of the Princess reps have never been on a ship at all let alone cruised in a suite. They have no understanding at all regarding what makes one cabin more desirable than another.

Yeah. And I imagine it's hard to do training at the moment since so much is still in crisis mode. Thrak, was it you who posted about the "back door" trick? I am grateful! And if it wasn't you, I'm grateful to you anyway because I've learned quite a bit from your posts.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Grislap said:

Thrak, was it you who posted about the "back door" trick? I am grateful! And if it wasn't you, I'm grateful to you anyway because I've learned quite a bit from your posts.

I posted about it and seem to be getting credit for it but I swear I saw someone else post it here on CC and I got it from there. I've searched the forum for the post where I originally got the information so I can give proper attribution but I can't seem to find the dang post.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I posted about it and seem to be getting credit for it but I swear I saw someone else post it here on CC and I got it from there. I've searched the forum for the post where I originally got the information so I can give proper attribution but I can't seem to find the dang post.

Okay now, you all have peaked my interest - what is the "backdoor" access and how do I get to it?  21 Cruises with Princess and this is the first time I have heard about it.

15 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Okay now, you all have peaked my interest - what is the "backdoor" access and how do I get to it?  21 Cruises with Princess and this is the first time I have heard about it.

If you log on, then go to your cruise and open it to the summary page, you'll probably get a mostly black screen, as I still do. BUT: replace "summary" in the url with "itinerary" and you will get to see the itinerary for your trip. Then at the top of your screen, click on the "Boarding Pass & Travel Summary" link. That takes you to another page. Go down just a bit and you'll see the option to "Print Travel Summary." Click on that, and you'll see your stateroom assignment (if it has been given yet) and all kinds of other stuff.

Another backdoor trick I think I learned here worked for me today after I got the dreaded black screen.  I logged on, clicked Booked Guests,, clicked the appropriate cruise, clicked the  "Book Excursions" option on the drop-down, and after it took me to the itinerary with Port excursions, just clicked the Travel Summary on the row of actions  at the top of that page for the details.  I would not have thought of trying that without these CC postings - so very helpful!

In addition to our cruise, we also booked the next cabin for our sister/BIL, but I need to talk to Princess directly to get their new booking number to cancel. 

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Another backdoor trick I think I learned here worked for me today after I got the dreaded black screen.  I logged on, clicked Booked Guests,, clicked the appropriate cruise, clicked the  "Book Excursions" option on the drop-down, and after it took me to the itinerary with Port excursions, just clicked the Travel Summary on the row of actions  at the top of that page for the details.  I would not have thought of trying that without these CC postings - so very helpful!

In addition to our cruise, we also booked the next cabin for our sister/BIL, but I need to talk to Princess directly to get their new booking number to cancel. 

That had been my trick  to find my information 

• Like 1

Just a note to keep an eye on the new itinerary that you have seen, or check your cabin if given your new number from a Princess rep. On Monday I was given my new cabin number by a rep and could see it by using the backdoor trick to see my summary. However, upon checking tonight, my room has been changed and not for the better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, akcruise07 said:

Just a note to keep an eye on the new itinerary that you have seen, or check your cabin if given your new number from a Princess rep. On Monday I was given my new cabin number by a rep and could see it by using the backdoor trick to see my summary. However, upon checking tonight, my room has been changed and not for the better.

Good advice. I just went back in and took a photo of the travel summary, making sure it included the time and date on the lower right end of my computer.

1 hour ago, Grislap said:

Good advice. I just went back in and took a photo of the travel summary, making sure it included the time and date on the lower right end of my computer.

We also take paper copies of pretty much everything, including specialty restaurant reservations and the charges to my credit card.  Just a little sad that we feel this is necessary, but better safe than sorry, I guess.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, memoak said:

Lucky folks who know what  staterooms you have been assigned. We have a b2b in August and the “back door” trick does not work on my phone. Will be emailing our PVP on Monday 

This may work from your phone, it worked from mine:  

Login > Menu > Booked Guests > Shop Activities & Services > Menu > Boarding Pass & Travel Summary > Close the PVP dialog > Travel Summary > Print Travel Summary.

Any path you can take to get to options for booked guests may ultimately get you to the Travel Summary.  It looks like they shut down the most obvious path but not all others.  

Good luck, hopefully you don't have to wait until Monday to see your new cabin assignment.

30 minutes ago, Sailin Gal said:

This may work from your phone, it worked from mine:  

Login > Menu > Booked Guests > Shop Activities & Services > Menu > Boarding Pass & Travel Summary > Close the PVP dialog > Travel Summary > Print Travel Summary.

Any path you can take to get to options for booked guests may ultimately get you to the Travel Summary.  It looks like they shut down the most obvious path but not all others.  

Good luck, hopefully you don't have to wait until Monday to see your new cabin assignment.

I know from the last email from Princess that I have a S5. Just want to make sure that we are in the same deck as our friends and have the same suite on both of our b2b cruises. We had a aft vista S6 but they don’t exist on the Royal so we are probably going to make do with a forward suite rather than our preferred aft location

16 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Holy Cow!!! That's great!!!

Many thanks for this.

I had earlier received a new booking from our TA. It was not correct in that it had no itinerary change and the cabin number was "suspiciously" exactly the same as the previous booking.  Using the above method I now see that I am in a cabin that is almost the same spot. It's actually just two doors forward of the original cabin. I checked the deck plans to make sure it doesn't have a adjoining cabin with a connecting door and, just to complete my due diligence, I checked to see if the cabin can accommodate more than 2 passengers. (Yes, I realize the extra beds would be in the ceiling but this is part of my regular routine.)

Edited by Thrak

Poop!  I was checking the wrong cruise and it was one where there was no issue with the Summary page. The cabin number is "almost" the same and it further confused me. My newest Travel Summary shows the same cabin number which is fine with me. However, it doesn't show any deviation from the previous itinerary. It does reflect changes made when I called Princess recently. However, even using this trick from the Excursions page, I still only get a black screen for the Summary.

16 minutes ago, memoak said:

I was able to get to the travel summary through the. excursions tab but still no cabin. Just S5 on both cruises of the b2b

Memoak, were you able to select "Print Travel Summary" under "Boarding Pass & Travel Summary"? It should list your state room number on the Travel Summary document.

Disappointed that we booked in Dec an S4 Penthouse C408 (2nd port side S4 towards the center of the ship) and Princess reassigned us the last S4  towards the aft. Why they didn't just slide all S4 reservations over in a row to the same corresponding cabins. I called Princess and was advised they don't have access to the available cabins, yet I read earlier that someone with an S5 on the Sapphire was offered an S4 which I assume is a better location than mine since I'm the last of the S4 port side cabins. 

7 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Disappointed that we booked in Dec an S4 Penthouse C408 (2nd port side S4 towards the center of the ship) and Princess reassigned us the last S4  towards the aft. Why they didn't just slide all S4 reservations over in a row to the same corresponding cabins. I called Princess and was advised they don't have access to the available cabins, yet I read earlier that someone with an S5 on the Sapphire was offered an S4 which I assume is a better location than mine since I'm the last of the S4 port side cabins. 

There may be a lot of cancellations once the dust settles.  People are concerned about the ship itself and may cancel due to ship change, cabin change and/or itinerary change in some cases

On 9/15/2021 at 11:05 PM, nomadguy said:

For the May 2 sailing, they changed a port date and replaced Prince Rupert to Victoria. That's all I noticed on our sailing. I can see they put us in a Balcony mid-Aft on Aloha deck on Royal whereas we were in a Mini-Suite on Dolphin Deck on the Sapphire. Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper! Not sure we will pay final on February 1 or not. Not too keen on a bigger ship with another thousand of our closest cruise buddies either.

It seems like you might have a screwy booking issue... you definitely shouldn't have been downgraded from a mini suite to a balcony. I'd call Princess immediately.

Also, I'm booked on the 2 May sailing, and they're replacing Prince Rupert with another day of scenic cruising in the Endicot Arm. Victoria was always scheduled as a full day stop at the end of the voyage (it's one of our favorite places and one of the reasons we booked this cruise). 

On 9/16/2021 at 5:14 PM, mtnlvr53 said:

I was looking at my cruise summary for a land/sea tour.  It indicates that we will be taken from Anchorage to Denali by bus (as expected) but will be  "dropped off at the Denali Cabins for your connection to the Backcountry Lodge."    I have no idea what this is. We are supposed to stay at the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge"  Anyone have any idea what they are talking about? I would call but the hold time is crazy...

Thanks

Whoa, hopefully that's not a typo and you actually *are* staying at the Backcounty Lodge.

That's like a Conde Nast Traveler destination, v. the Expedia vibe of the Denali Princess. 

23 hours ago, Bethcb said:
  • Now that we are on the Royal Princess, would like to do this cruise as a B2B but Princess has not yet posted where the Royal Princess will be before or after the Alaska 12 day. Hoping it is soon. 

I really didn't have anything to add to the thread but I saw your avitar and all I can say is: GO GREEN! GO WHITE!

• Like 1